Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by DasFox, Jan 29, 2011.

  1. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    Forget Canada they have to close of ties to the USA and are
    practically in bed with them and as far as Germany is concerned,
    there's hardly a place in Europe worth trusting too...

    Here is about as good of a list as you are going to find. This map is
    better, and more up to date. I just wish it gave more information
    about why each state received the ranking it did.

    https://secure.cryptohippie.com/pubs/EPS-2010.pdf

    I've read this before, that doesn't really tell us much from a VPN
    standpoint...

    Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
    take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
    places to run a VPN from...

    THANKS

    P.S. Something I just ran across;
    http://www.laquadrature.net/en/icela...-communication
    --
    These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
    faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011

  2. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:01:33 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >
    >> Forget Canada they have to close of ties to the USA and are
    >> practically in bed with them and as far as Germany is concerned,
    >> there's hardly a place in Europe worth trusting too...
    >>
    >> Here is about as good of a list as you are going to find. This map is
    >> better, and more up to date. I just wish it gave more information
    >> about why each state received the ranking it did.
    >>
    >> https://secure.cryptohippie.com/pubs/EPS-2010.pdf
    >>
    >> I've read this before, that doesn't really tell us much from a VPN
    >> standpoint...
    >>
    >> Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
    >> take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
    >> places to run a VPN from...
    >>
    >> THANKS
    >>
    >> P.S. Something I just ran across;
    >> http://www.laquadrature.net/en/icela...-communication

    > For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
    > VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
    > disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
    > where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.
    >
    > <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
    >
    > Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.

    Xerobank is SHIT...or shite for Brits...
    --
    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011

  3. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:41:01 -0800, David E. Ross wrote:

    > On 1/29/11 12:01 AM, DasFox wrote:
    >> Forget Canada they have to close of ties to the USA and are
    >> practically in bed with them and as far as Germany is concerned,
    >> there's hardly a place in Europe worth trusting too...
    >>
    >> Here is about as good of a list as you are going to find. This map is
    >> better, and more up to date. I just wish it gave more information
    >> about why each state received the ranking it did.
    >>
    >> https://secure.cryptohippie.com/pubs/EPS-2010.pdf
    >>
    >> I've read this before, that doesn't really tell us much from a VPN
    >> standpoint...
    >>
    >> Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
    >> take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
    >> places to run a VPN from...
    >>
    >> THANKS
    >>
    >> P.S. Something I just ran across;
    >> http://www.laquadrature.net/en/icela...-communication

    > For anonymous E-mail, consider using an anonymous remailer application
    > such as Jack B. Nymble and any set of the remailers at
    > alt.privacy.anon-server.stats.

    Good Tech but HARD Tech...add Tor...tough for noobs...

    Still worthy of mention...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  4. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    > For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
    > VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
    > disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
    > where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.

    Thanks, Whizzard, next time we need to know where the ittle boys
    reside, will know who to call.

    AssBuster (Topletz).

    > <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
    >
    > Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.

    From which you drink deep...into any fucking moron's purse who would
    pay you a lousy shekel.
    --
    ´If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of
    men, I will find something in them which will hang him.¡ ~Cardinal

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  5. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:05:00 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    > Advisor (wink) wrote:
    >
    >> For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
    >> VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
    >> disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
    >> where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.

    > Thanks, Whizzard, next time we need to know where the ittle boys
    > reside, will know who to call.
    >
    > AssBuster (Topletz).
    >
    >> <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
    >>
    >> Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.

    > From which you drink deep...into any fucking moron's purse who would
    > pay you a lousy shekel.

    Let's please keep this post alive and on the top...,

    There are a lot of people that are into this...

    Xerobanks isn't the only service in this entire world offering a
    SHITTY VPN service...

    EXPOSURE...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  6. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:10:47 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:05:00 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    >> Advisor (wink) wrote:
    >>
    >>> For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
    >>> VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
    >>> disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
    >>> where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.

    >> Thanks, Whizzard, next time we need to know where the ittle boys
    >> reside, will know who to call.
    >>
    >> AssBuster (Topletz).
    >>
    >>> <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
    >>>
    >>> Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.

    >> From which you drink deep...into any fucking moron's purse who would
    >> pay you a lousy shekel.

    > Let's please keep this post alive and on the top...,
    >
    > There are a lot of people that are into this...
    >
    > Xerobanks isn't the only service in this entire world offering a
    > SHITTY VPN service...
    >
    > EXPOSURE...
    >
    > THANKS

    For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
    VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy...

    I would recommend ShadowVPN.com for full VPN ($10/m)...You could also
    try SecureTunnel, as they have a solution but it isn't a vpn so your
    traffic may leak...

    For noobs...I KNOW...What is a FULL VPN...?

    THANKS

    THANKS

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  7. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:18:04 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    > Dumbfox, VPN stands virtual private network. What it means is in this
    > context is a vpn connection that captures all traffic exiting your
    > computer and routes it to the remote network (your "anonymity
    > provider" or "proxy provider").
    >
    > If you would like to be a secret XeroAgent, enroll here ;)
    >
    > http://dark.ai/

    Yeah, he can join your other Mossad connection Amir Szekely, the
    prolific Android gamer *rofl*

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  8. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:01:33 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
    > take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
    > places to run a VPN from...

    As far as the IP goes, of course just because people can see your IP
    that doesn't mean they know who you are...

    They just know where you come from and you've EXPOSED yourself to
    risks...,

    Because now with an IP they can target you to see how strong the box
    is against attacks...

    If you want to protect that box then you protect that IP...SIMPLE...

    And make it not so easy to find, this is all I'm going on about when
    it comes to Internet security and so on...

    Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
    you can imagine...

    I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
    clue...

    As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
    your IP and Ports...,

    That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
    anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...

    Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!

    HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!

    Now with this understanding this is why I was looking at using a VPN
    to hide my IP behind... for this simple reason of not hacving it so
    easily exposed...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  9. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > As far as the IP goes, of course just because people can see your IP
    > that doesn't mean they know who you are...
    >
    > They just know where you come from and you've EXPOSED yourself to
    > risks...,
    >
    > Because now with an IP they can target you to see how strong the box
    > is against attacks...
    >
    > If you want to protect that box then you protect that IP...SIMPLE...
    >
    > And make it not so easy to find, this is all I'm going on about when
    > it comes to Internet security and so on...
    >
    > Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
    > you can imagine...
    >
    > I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
    > clue...
    >
    > As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
    > your IP and Ports...,
    >
    > That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
    > anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...
    >
    > Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!
    >
    > HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!
    >
    > Now with this understanding this is why I was looking at using a VPN
    > to hide my IP behind... for this simple reason of not hacving it so
    > easily exposed...
    >
    > THANKS

    You repeatedly fail to absorb what several other posters before have
    educated you to. Your IP is "out there" on a daily basis by automated
    aggressors who attack through IP address after IP address.

    Puhleeese, don't throw your usual "no Dynamic IP" tantrum, these
    addresses are not unusual in many ISP connections using MAC addresses
    to which they validate your account. DSL connections are notorious
    for dynamic IP assignment.

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  10. DasFox

    katio Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
    > you can imagine...
    >
    > I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
    > clue...
    >
    > As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
    > your IP and Ports...,
    >
    > That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
    > anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...
    >
    > Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!
    >
    > HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!

    Sorry to say this but you got it wrong. That's absolutely not how it
    works.

    As long as you don't have an IPv6 address there is no point in hiding
    one's IP. There's only a limited pool of public IPv4 addresses and
    they are constantly hammered by automated attacks, all of them. Even
    if that wasn't the case you most likely got a dynamic IP and whoever
    had this IP assigned to before probably didn't use a VPN...

    Don't keep any services running facing the internet. If you do make
    sure you use a strong MAC system, up to date software and preferably
    white list allowed IPs. There really isn't much to worry with the
    default home setup these days. OSs got good firewall rules ootb and
    pretty much everyone uses a router with NAT.

    If you come out stealth here with your home IP you are as secure
    against these sort of threats as it gets:

    http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    It's different with targeted attacks but I don't think that's part of
    your threat model. If you have one other than "all them out thar", you
    stupid git.

    katio, Jan 29, 2011
  11. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:17:15 -0500, katio wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >
    >> Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
    >> you can imagine...
    >>
    >> I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
    >> clue...
    >>
    >> As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
    >> your IP and Ports...,
    >>
    >> That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
    >> anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...
    >>
    >> Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!
    >>
    >> HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!

    > Sorry to say this but you got it wrong. That's absolutely not how it
    > works.
    >
    > As long as you don't have an IPv6 address there is no point in hiding
    > one's IP. There's only a limited pool of public IPv4 addresses and
    > they are constantly hammered by automated attacks, all of them. Even
    > if that wasn't the case you most likely got a dynamic IP and whoever
    > had this IP assigned to before probably didn't use a VPN...
    >
    > Don't keep any services running facing the internet. If you do make
    > sure you use a strong MAC system, up to date software and preferably
    > white list allowed IPs. There really isn't much to worry with the
    > default home setup these days. OSs got good firewall rules ootb and
    > pretty much everyone uses a router with NAT.
    >
    > If you come out stealth here with your home IP you are as secure
    > against these sort of threats as it gets:
    >
    > http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
    >
    > It's different with targeted attacks but I don't think that's part of
    > your threat model. If you have one other than "all them out thar", you
    > stupid git.

    No I don't have it wrong...

    Most ISPs where I live do not hand out static IPs for Broadband, of
    course they are dynamic, BUT those Dynamic IPs stay with you for 30-45
    days...or LIFE...

    With your IP out there and a cheapy firewall, you can be owned...

    There's a VERY BIG point to hiding your IP and not exposing it and I
    can't believe you don't think so...

    How do you think people get hacked and what you don't think boxes
    don't get hacked anymore? Of course they do...

    Also if you come out stealth here with your home IP you are NOT as
    secure against these sort of threats as it gets...

    Windows has a firewall and using it will make you stealth YET that is
    not as good as it gets...

    Maybe because you used the word HOME user you think that this makes it
    ok and it is good enough? Yes for a lot of average users that may be
    true, but in todays world with all the changes over the past 20 years
    I don't believe as a Tech that the Windows firewall is good enough
    anymore...

    Even for Grandma just surfing the web and emailing the grandchildern,
    her box can be hacked and used to commit crimes, so in that sense, no
    it's not just as good as it gets...

    THANKS
    --
    Gays make sick attempt at Harry Potter
    http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/reviews/potters-stick/big.jpg

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  12. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:22:41 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > Windows has a firewall and using it will make you stealth YET that is
    > not as good as it gets...
    >
    > Maybe because you used the word HOME user you think that this makes it
    > ok and it is good enough? Yes for a lot of average users that may be
    > true, but in todays world with all the changes over the past 20 years
    > I don't believe as a Tech that the Windows firewall is good enough
    > anymore...
    >
    > Even for Grandma just surfing the web and emailing the grandchildern,
    > her box can be hacked and used to commit crimes, so in that sense, no
    > it's not just as good as it gets...

    Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    which firewall, how is it configured? Take your dick out of your ear
    unless you are trying to stir your brainz with it. lol

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  13. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:25:29 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:22:41 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >
    >> Windows has a firewall and using it will make you stealth YET that is
    >> not as good as it gets...
    >>
    >> Maybe because you used the word HOME user you think that this makes it
    >> ok and it is good enough? Yes for a lot of average users that may be
    >> true, but in todays world with all the changes over the past 20 years
    >> I don't believe as a Tech that the Windows firewall is good enough
    >> anymore...
    >>
    >> Even for Grandma just surfing the web and emailing the grandchildern,
    >> her box can be hacked and used to commit crimes, so in that sense, no
    >> it's not just as good as it gets...

    > Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    > which firewall, how is it configured? Take your dick out of your ear
    > unless you are trying to stir your brainz with it. lol

    Who says I don't understand that you hack a different OS in a
    different way...?

    You are certainly not gaining access to Unix like you would Windows
    and also all the different firewalls...,

    What you think I'm CLUELESS here?"

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  14. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:26:55 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:25:29 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:22:41 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >>
    >>> Windows has a firewall and using it will make you stealth YET that is
    >>> not as good as it gets...
    >>>
    >>> Maybe because you used the word HOME user you think that this makes it
    >>> ok and it is good enough? Yes for a lot of average users that may be
    >>> true, but in todays world with all the changes over the past 20 years
    >>> I don't believe as a Tech that the Windows firewall is good enough
    >>> anymore...
    >>>
    >>> Even for Grandma just surfing the web and emailing the grandchildern,
    >>> her box can be hacked and used to commit crimes, so in that sense, no
    >>> it's not just as good as it gets...

    >> Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    >> which firewall, how is it configured? Take your dick out of your ear
    >> unless you are trying to stir your brainz with it. lol

    > Who says I don't understand that you hack a different OS in a
    > different way...?
    >
    > You are certainly not gaining access to Unix like you would Windows
    > and also all the different firewalls...,
    >
    > What you think I'm CLUELESS here?"

    You passed on answering the question. MOF, I can't make hide nor hair
    out of how your answer above correlates with my rather straightforward
    query, what do you think I am clueless here?

    > THANKS

    Welcome Mr. AssClown

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  15. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:28:00 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:26:55 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    >>> Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    >>> which firewall, how is it configured? Take your dick out of your ear
    >>> unless you are trying to stir your brainz with it. lol

    >> Who says I don't understand that you hack a different OS in a
    >> different way...?
    >>
    >> You are certainly not gaining access to Unix like you would Windows
    >> and also all the different firewalls...,
    >>
    >> What you think I'm CLUELESS here?"

    > You passed on answering the question. MOF, I can't make hide nor hair
    > out of how your answer above correlates with my rather straightforward
    > query, what do you think I am clueless here?
    >
    >> THANKS

    > Welcome Mr. AssClown

    What question?

    And this is starting to go around in circles and is getting silly...

    We're suppose to be GEEKS on a SECURITY forum...

    I'm not here taking cooking lessons and I'm a TECH Geek that
    understands a lot and who also doesn't know everything...,

    BUT show me the person who does know everything because there is no
    such person....

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  16. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:29:32 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:28:00 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    >>> Who says I don't understand that you hack a different OS in a
    >>> different way...?
    >>>
    >>> You are certainly not gaining access to Unix like you would Windows
    >>> and also all the different firewalls...,
    >>>
    >>> What you think I'm CLUELESS here?"

    >> You passed on answering the question. MOF, I can't make hide nor hair
    >> out of how your answer above correlates with my rather straightforward
    >> query, what do you think I am clueless here?
    >>
    >>> THANKS

    >> Welcome Mr. AssClown

    > What question?

    You're shitting me?

    > And this is starting to go around in circles and is getting silly...
    >
    > We're suppose to be GEEKS on a SECURITY forum...
    >
    > I'm not here taking cooking lessons and I'm a TECH Geek that
    > understands a lot and who also doesn't know everything...,
    >
    > BUT show me the person who does know everything because there is no
    > such person....
    >
    > THANKS

    What an insufferably ignorant AssClown you are.

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  17. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:30:58 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:29:32 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    >>> You passed on answering the question. MOF, I can't make hide nor hair
    >>> out of how your answer above correlates with my rather straightforward
    >>> query, what do you think I am clueless here?

    >>> Welcome Mr. AssClown

    >> What question?

    > You're shitting me?
    >
    >> And this is starting to go around in circles and is getting silly...
    >>
    >> We're suppose to be GEEKS on a SECURITY forum...
    >>
    >> I'm not here taking cooking lessons and I'm a TECH Geek that
    >> understands a lot and who also doesn't know everything...,
    >>
    >> BUT show me the person who does know everything because there is no
    >> such person....
    >>
    >> THANKS

    > What an insufferably ignorant AssClown you are.

    You said to me..;

    *No but you passed on answering the question...*

    That's why I said what question...?

    And that's why I said all the things I said about this all getting
    silly and being Geeks and all...

    So was this the question(s) you are still looking for...?

    Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    which firewall, how is it configured...?

    And if so, then I said I understand all these complexities and you
    said good...,

    Because I'm the only one, which was silly too, because a lot of Geeks
    understand all this...,

    So why answer something like this when Geeks on this forum... you
    being one and me also, need to answer it when we should know, at least
    I do, don't you...?

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  18. On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:34:21 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:30:58 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    >>> What question?

    >> You're shitting me?
    >>
    >>> And this is starting to go around in circles and is getting silly...
    >>>
    >>> We're suppose to be GEEKS on a SECURITY forum...
    >>>
    >>> I'm not here taking cooking lessons and I'm a TECH Geek that
    >>> understands a lot and who also doesn't know everything...,
    >>>
    >>> BUT show me the person who does know everything because there is no
    >>> such person....
    >>>
    >>> THANKS

    >> What an insufferably ignorant AssClown you are.

    > You said to me..;
    >
    > *No but you passed on answering the question...*
    >
    > That's why I said what question...?
    >
    > And that's why I said all the things I said about this all getting
    > silly and being Geeks and all...
    >
    > So was this the question(s) you are still looking for...?
    >
    > Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    > which firewall, how is it configured...?

    You know fucking well that is the question so why not shtfu or answer
    it?

    > So why answer something like this when Geeks on this forum... you
    > being one and me also, need to answer it when we should know, at least
    > I do, don't you...?
    >
    > THANKS

    No help me out here. With an answer. Try not to use AssClown TECH...
    --
    http://tr.im/1fa6

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 29, 2011
  19. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:36:28 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:34:21 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    >>> You're shitting me?

    >>> What an insufferably ignorant AssClown you are.

    >> You said to me..;
    >>
    >> *No but you passed on answering the question...*
    >>
    >> That's why I said what question...?
    >>
    >> And that's why I said all the things I said about this all getting
    >> silly and being Geeks and all...
    >>
    >> So was this the question(s) you are still looking for...?
    >>
    >> Good enough against who? Who is your adversary? Which ver of Windoz,
    >> which firewall, how is it configured...?

    > You know fucking well that is the question so why not shtfu or answer
    > it?
    >
    >> So why answer something like this when Geeks on this forum... you
    >> being one and me also, need to answer it when we should know, at least
    >> I do, don't you...?
    >>
    >> THANKS

    > No help me out here. With an answer. Try not to use AssClown TECH...

    Things we have been talking about that Geeks should understand.

    1. Geeks should understand IPs...
    2. Geeks should understand Ports...
    3. Geeks should understand the differences across different platforms
    (OS)...
    4. Geeks should understand firewalls...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  20. DasFox

    Andriod Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:01:33 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >
    >> Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
    >> take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
    >> places to run a VPN from...

    > As far as the IP goes, of course just because people can see your IP
    > that doesn't mean they know who you are...
    >
    > They just know where you come from and you've EXPOSED yourself to
    > risks...,
    >
    > Because now with an IP they can target you to see how strong the box
    > is against attacks...
    >
    > If you want to protect that box then you protect that IP...SIMPLE...
    >
    > And make it not so easy to find, this is all I'm going on about when
    > it comes to Internet security and so on...
    >
    > Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
    > you can imagine...
    >
    > I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
    > clue...
    >
    > As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
    > your IP and Ports...,
    >
    > That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
    > anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...
    >
    > Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!
    >
    > HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!
    >
    > Now with this understanding this is why I was looking at using a VPN
    > to hide my IP behind... for this simple reason of not hacving it so
    > easily exposed...

    Your entire "philosophy" when it comes to on line safety is fubar. Your
    basic premise is wrong. Hiding your IP address is both a losing battle, and
    unnecessary. Nor will it protect you.

    Having your IP address exposed isn't a problem at all. Having ports open
    is. And as ironic as it may be, some of the things people try to do to hide
    their IP addresses help locate them. If you have open ports the BadGuys(tm)
    WILL find them. By way of random scans if nothing else. When they do find
    them, they'll probe/attack them. If you're weak and the attacker strong,
    you're owned. Simple math any "tech" should understand.

    No, the whole secret to keeping yourself safe from port-based attacks is
    not having anything available to attack. that means either one of two
    things:

    1) Don't have ANY open ports. Firewall them off, hide behind NAT, whatever.
    But simply having nothing at all listening for any connection attempts will
    ALWAYS keep you safe.

    2) If you have to have exposed ports, choose well tested and frequently
    updated software to listen on them. Not perfect like not running any
    publically available services, but it's the "best case" if you must.

    As far as IP hiding goes, it's advantageous to obfuscate things in specific
    scenarios but it certainly isn't any sort of solution. Tunnels, proxies,
    and such can do the deed, but said proxy at the very least knows all, and
    proxies are so notorious for leaking information directly, or indirectly by
    way of user screwups, that they're not to be trusterd for anything but the
    most superficial protection. In fact the only real scenario in which IP
    hiding is necessary, is anonymity. If you're striving for something like
    that, it's a must. Which is why anonymity is so fragile. :-(

    > THANKS

    No problem. Always happy to straighten out noobs. :)

    Andriod, Jan 29, 2011