    How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    in the header?

    I've been looking everywhere for help. Thanks!
    litcube, Jan 26, 2004

  2. litcube

    Jay Guest

    "litcube" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    > in the header?

    Why?

    Jay, Jan 26, 2004

  3. litcube

    litcube Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >"litcube" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >> in the header?

    It's a privacy concern.

    litcube, Jan 26, 2004
  4. litcube

    wisefool Guest

    litcube said:
    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >

    >> "litcube" <> wrote in message
    >>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >>> in the header?

    > It's a privacy concern.
    >

    >> Why?
    >>
    >>> I've been looking everywhere for help. Thanks!

    There are "anonymous remailer" services.

    Dunno the details. Some sites say if you use
    them people trust you less online. Not surprising
    really! Search the archives of this NG -- I think
    I saw an article with links to such services.

    wisefool
    wisefool, Jan 26, 2004
  5. litcube wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >>"litcube" <> wrote in message

    >>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >>> in the header?

    > It's a privacy concern.

    A. Interbackwardposting.

    Q. What was that?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 26, 2004
  6. litcube

    wisefool Guest

    Blinky the Shark said:
    > litcube wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >>> "litcube" <> wrote in message

    _FQAs -- n., Frequently Questionable Answers_

    Drum roll...

    We now present the semantic double back flip:

    >> It's a privacy concern.

    > A. Interbackwardposting.
    >

    > Q. What was that?
    >
    >>> Why?

    Ta-dah!

    ****

    You thought it was smart to munge your email
    address -- to throw off the spam bots of 2003.

    This is munging of your sentence order -- to throw off
    the auto-salesman bots of 2013.

    wisefool
    wisefool, Jan 26, 2004
  7. litcube

    Chris Bee Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...

    > How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >in the header?

    Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so if you
    want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to cop that sweet.

    You could use a free web service such as what Google provide, Google
    won't show your IP address but they aren't as convenient to use, another
    choice is using a Commercial news provider, they don't show your IP
    address either.

    I use http://www.pathlink.com/ but as you are trying out Agent why not
    also try "APN" http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php which is their
    new Agent Premium Newsgroups Service provided via an arrangement with
    Supernews. APN is available on a Month x Month basis whereas some other
    news services require you to signup for 12 Months.

    You will get much more information and be better informed subscribing to
    the newsgroup -> alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then
    reading some of the posts.
    --

    Chris
    Chris Bee, Jan 26, 2004
  8. litcube

    litcube Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
    >
    >> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >>in the header?

    >Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so if you
    >want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to cop that sweet.
    >
    >You could use a free web service such as what Google provide, Google
    >won't show your IP address but they aren't as convenient to use, another
    >choice is using a Commercial news provider, they don't show your IP
    >address either.
    >
    >I use http://www.pathlink.com/ but as you are trying out Agent why not
    >also try "APN" http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php which is their
    >new Agent Premium Newsgroups Service provided via an arrangement with
    >Supernews. APN is available on a Month x Month basis whereas some other
    >news services require you to signup for 12 Months.
    >
    >You will get much more information and be better informed subscribing to
    >the newsgroup -> alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then
    >reading some of the posts.

    Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month? What's
    a gool deal? What's a bad one?
    litcube, Jan 26, 2004
  9. litcube

    Boomer Guest

    litcube <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
    >>
    >>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing
    >>> up
    >>>in the header?

    >>Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so
    >>if you want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to
    >>cop that sweet.

    [snip]
    >>You will get much more information and be better informed
    >>subscribing to the newsgroup ->
    >>alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then reading some of
    >>the posts.

    > Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month?
    > What's a gool deal? What's a bad one?

    It depends on what you want from a news provider.
    You might want to read through this group as mentioned above.
    alt.binaries.news-server-comparison
    Boomer, Jan 26, 2004
  10. litcube

    Chris Bee Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:06:19 GMT,"litcube" posted ...

    >On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
    >>
    >>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >>>in the header?

    >>Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so if you
    >>want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to cop that sweet.
    >>
    >>You will get much more information and be better informed subscribing to
    >>the newsgroup -> alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then
    >>reading some of the posts.

    >Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month? What's
    >a gool deal? What's a bad one?

    If you read the news group alt.binaries.news-server-comparison you may
    get an appreciation of who provides a good news service and who doesn't.

    Supernews costs from $4.95 per Month (1.5 GB per Month limit)
    http://www.supernews.com/indi_price.html

    Giganews costs from $11.95 per Month (10 GB per Month limit)
    https://secure.giganews.com/signup/cgi-bin/signup.cgi

    Agent Premium Newsgroups (APN) get their feed through Supernews and they
    cost from $2.95 per Month (2 GB per Month limit)
    http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

    Tera News has a free service (50 MB daily limit) and they are seldom
    recommended. http://www.teranews.com/
    --

    Chris
    Chris Bee, Jan 27, 2004
  11. litcube

    Boomer Guest

    Chris Bee <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:06:19 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
    >
    >>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...

    >>>Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so
    >>>if you want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to
    >>>cop that sweet.
    >>>
    >>>You will get much more information and be better informed
    >>>subscribing to the newsgroup ->
    >>>alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then reading some
    >>>of the posts.

    >>Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month?
    >>What's a gool deal? What's a bad one?

    > If you read the news group alt.binaries.news-server-comparison you
    > may get an appreciation of who provides a good news service and
    > who doesn't.
    >
    > Supernews costs from $4.95 per Month (1.5 GB per Month limit)
    > http://www.supernews.com/indi_price.html
    >
    > Giganews costs from $11.95 per Month (10 GB per Month limit)
    > https://secure.giganews.com/signup/cgi-bin/signup.cgi
    >
    > Agent Premium Newsgroups (APN) get their feed through Supernews
    > and they cost from $2.95 per Month (2 GB per Month limit)
    > http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php
    >
    > Tera News has a free service (50 MB daily limit) and they are
    > seldom recommended. http://www.teranews.com/

    Might want to add Octanews to your list. Excellent server and
    anonymous IP posting. Details at www.octanews.com.
    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004
  12. litcube

    Chris Bee Guest

    On 27 Jan 2004 01:09:51 GMT,"Boomer" posted ...

    >Might want to add Octanews to your list. Excellent server and
    >anonymous IP posting. Details at www.octanews.com.

    I do agree I have read good reports about Octanews.
    But what I listed was far from being a complete list. ;-)
    --

    Chris
    Chris Bee, Jan 27, 2004
  13. litcube

    Boomer Guest

    Chris Bee <> wrote in

    > On 27 Jan 2004 01:09:51 GMT,"Boomer" posted ...
    >
    >>Might want to add Octanews to your list. Excellent server and
    >>anonymous IP posting. Details at www.octanews.com.

    > I do agree I have read good reports about Octanews.
    > But what I listed was far from being a complete list. ;-)

    Hi

    Since you had some of the 'top' servers listed I thought I would
    mention the one I thought was the 'tops'.

    Plus the owner is a super dude!

    Thanks for replying. :)
    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004
  14. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:41:30 -0000, "wisefool"
    <> wrote:

    >> It's a privacy concern.
    >>

    >>> Why?

    Hiding the e-mail address is a privacy concern, hiding the IP address
    is 150% because they want to do something illegal, weather spam, porn,
    pirating, etc. Funny thing is the remailer systems in use now almost
    all of them allow it to be traced one way or the other. Since the
    only remailer systems in use that work either require payment via
    credit card (which is easily traced), or log your IP address on their
    server, either way the FBI's cutting down on allowing people to get
    away with posting porn in the US....
    John H. Guillory, Jan 27, 2004
  15. litcube

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT, litcube <> wrote:

    > How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
    >in the header?
    >
    > I've been looking everywhere for help. Thanks!

    Note my headers. My IP isn't there but COTSE's NNTP proxy IP is. Check
    the url in my sig block below for more info:

    [ Doc Jeff ], Jan 27, 2004
  16. litcube

    Chris Bee Guest

    On 27 Jan 2004 04:49:05 GMT,"Boomer" posted ...

    >Christine Bee <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 27 Jan 2004 01:09:51 GMT,"Boomer" posted ...
    >>
    >>>Might want to add Octanews to your list. Excellent server and
    >>>anonymous IP posting. Details at www.octanews.com.

    >> I do agree I have read good reports about Octanews.
    >> But what I listed was far from being a complete list. ;-)

    >Since you had some of the 'top' servers listed I thought I would
    >mention the one I thought was the 'tops'.
    >
    >Plus the owner is a super dude!

    Understood, I see his posts in alt.binaries.news-server-comparison

    Re your comment elsewhere in this thread:
    >Please don't feed the troll.

    So I didn't. :)

    But for other people who may be listening.
    I have cable but use unlimited dialup for many downloads because it works
    out cheaper for me. Using a reliable commercial news service allows me to
    access usenet irrespective of who I am currently connected to.

    Other points raised were about responsibility and I am fully responsible
    for anything I send.
    --

    Chris
    Chris Bee, Jan 27, 2004