    anonymous posting , but I read an article which said that your IP address was still
    traceable, is this true?
    thanks

    trigger, Jul 3, 2003

  2. trigger

    Richard Guest

    "trigger" wrote in message
    news:C%1Na.52989$2.webusenet.com...
    > Hi
    > Can someone tell me if I post a movie is there any way it can be traced

    back to me
    > I have read several articles which say yes and no, I am using a server

    which has

    From: "trigger" <>
    Subject: anonymous posting
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:33:17 +0100

    These are your headers from your post.
    This tells me you posted through the service known as usenetserver.com.
    So ok. I can get a court order to subponea their records.
    They'll match this up using the message-ID line and number for one, the date
    and time posted.
    Now they don't necessarily keep logs on what you read, but they do for
    posting.
    To keep track of who's spamming.
    Now that we know this much, we can look at the records for who was online at
    that time and using that particular group.
    Where there might be several thousand on line at any one moment, only one or
    two will match the precise criteria.
    If you happen to be the only one on line in that group at that moment,
    bingo, knock knock.
    "FBI. We have a search warrant to search your computer."

    To be totally anomynous, learn to use what are known as "remailers".
    But there's no guarantee your posts will get posted either.

    Welcome to the wonderful world of usenet. Enjoy.

    Richard, Jul 4, 2003

  3. trigger

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:21:01 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > So ok. I can get a court order to subponea their records.

    Is that for one of your lAwSuItS, St00pid?

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
    http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jul 4, 2003
  4. Just use someone else's computer or even better if you don't have any resident address
    they can't trace something that doesn't exist. If you rent the owner is in shit ha, ha.
    Sometimes you can post from the computers at radio shack.

    Scott TNT Piehler, Jul 4, 2003
  5. trigger

    Plato Guest

    trigger wrote:

    > Can someone tell me if I post a movie is there any way it can be traced back to me
    > I have read several articles which say yes and no, I am using a server which has
    > anonymous posting , but I read an article which said that your IP address was still
    > traceable, is this true?

    Read the readme on the anon server. It WILL say they will PROVIDE YOUR
    IP TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER THAT ASKS FOR IT.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 4, 2003
  6. trigger

    paul s Guest

    trigger wrote:

    > Hi
    > Can someone tell me if I post a movie is there any way it can be traced
    > back to me I have read several articles which say yes and no, I am using a
    > server which has anonymous posting , but I read an article which said that
    > your IP address was still traceable, is this true?
    > thanks

    If your asking this question, and are worried your goin' to get busted or
    something, then don't post it.
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 4, 2003
  7. trigger

    Josef Knecht Guest

    Slumpy doodled:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as trigger continued:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Can someone tell me if I post a movie is there any way it can be
    >> traced back to me I have read several articles which say yes and no,
    >> I am using a server which has anonymous posting , but I read an
    >> article which said that your IP address was still traceable, is this
    >> true?
    >> thanks

    > Of course - why else do you think they bother to assign IP addresses [...]
    > FFS wake up !!!

    Wake up yourself, scum-py. Suggesting TCP/IP was designed as a means for
    tracing net-abusers shows (again) how very fucking little you know.

    --

    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"