    And is there a better a/v and f/w for xp 64?
    thanks
    Sean

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=

    Jane Colman Guest

    I'm using Avast and the Windows Firewall in x64 and have no such entries
    under the Security tab in Event Viewer. The only entries I have are Success
    Audit ones, none of which have NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON as the user.

    --
    Jane, but not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 2, 2006

  3. What is better, mostly, is a question of personal taste. Avast is having
    issues - personally though, I think it is among the best there is, surely
    vastly better than Norton or McAffe. Your error report does not seem to have
    anything to do with Avast, that I can recognize.

    Are you starting Windows by way of 'automatic log-on' that is, without
    typing your username and password?

    I just did a quick search on Yahoo for that message, it turns out this is a
    rather old error that has to do with linking to tables in SQL Server!!!

    And probably a handfull of other stuff as well. Not A/V related!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 2, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=

    Dan Koerner Guest

    What Logon Type is it? I see this with Type 3 events, "Network: A user or computer logged on to this computer from the network" from my LAN PC logging on to shared folders/drives.

    --
    -Dan-

    Dan Koerner, May 2, 2006
  5. thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006
  6. thanks for the info, i'll try doing a little more research, i do however log
    on using secure autentication, typing my password every time, every account
    on my computer has a password

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006
  7. thanks for posting,
    it is a type 3 logon, and thats all the information it really generates, i
    did a check of local services and i use a network/process monitor and it
    doesn't generate any events that look odd or don't belong, after speaking
    with another IT prof. they seem to think it is just a process under xp 64,
    but i haven't heard or seen that on any other systems

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006