    And is there a better a/v and f/w for xp 64?
    thanks
    Sean

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006

  2. Jane Colman

    Jane Colman Guest

    I'm using Avast and the Windows Firewall in x64 and have no such entries
    under the Security tab in Event Viewer. The only entries I have are Success
    Audit ones, none of which have NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON as the user.

    --
    Jane, but not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 2, 2006

  3. What is better, mostly, is a question of personal taste. Avast is having
    issues - personally though, I think it is among the best there is, surely
    vastly better than Norton or McAffe. Your error report does not seem to have
    anything to do with Avast, that I can recognize.

    Are you starting Windows by way of 'automatic log-on' that is, without
    typing your username and password?

    I just did a quick search on Yahoo for that message, it turns out this is a
    rather old error that has to do with linking to tables in SQL Server!!!

    And probably a handfull of other stuff as well. Not A/V related!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 2, 2006
  4. Dan Koerner

    Dan Koerner Guest

    What Logon Type is it? I see this with Type 3 events, "Network: A user or computer logged on to this computer from the network" from my LAN PC logging on to shared folders/drives.

    --
    -Dan-

    Dan Koerner, May 2, 2006
  5. thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006
  6. thanks for the info, i'll try doing a little more research, i do however log
    on using secure autentication, typing my password every time, every account
    on my computer has a password

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006
  7. thanks for posting,
    it is a type 3 logon, and thats all the information it really generates, i
    did a check of local services and i use a network/process monitor and it
    doesn't generate any events that look odd or don't belong, after speaking
    with another IT prof. they seem to think it is just a process under xp 64,
    but i haven't heard or seen that on any other systems

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=, May 2, 2006