Anonymous CallBlock With Prompting All These Features Any UK?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Heidy, Jun 21, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    Heidy, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Heidy wrote:
    > --
    > Anonymous CallBlock With Prompting All these Features Any UK?
    > http://www.voicepulse.com/features/advanced/AnonymousCallBlock.aspx
    >
    > Hi there are any Voip Providers as good as this or can you buy a stand
    > alone unit?
    >
    > Heidy

    Pretty pointless when you can enter any old number.

    ATAs offer ACR but not with prompts like above, it just prevents the
    call reaching you.

    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 21, 2007

  3. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Heidy wrote:
    >> --
    >> Anonymous CallBlock With Prompting All these Features Any UK?
    >> http://www.voicepulse.com/features/advanced/AnonymousCallBlock.aspx
    >>
    >> Hi there are any Voip Providers as good as this or can you buy a stand
    >> alone unit?
    >>
    >> Heidy

    > Pretty pointless when you can enter any old number.
    >
    > ATAs offer ACR but not with prompts like above, it just prevents the
    > call reaching you.

    I know this is an exceptional service the ONLY company that do itUnited
    States Only

    are there any alternatives for the Europeans why all the best stuff is
    in the USA.

    Heidy

    --
    www.swing4ireland.com

    Limited Special Offer

    www.swinger-personals.co.uk

    Heidy, Jun 21, 2007
  4. Heidy wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Heidy wrote:
    >>> --
    >>> Anonymous CallBlock With Prompting All these Features Any UK?
    >>> http://www.voicepulse.com/features/advanced/AnonymousCallBlock.aspx
    >>>
    >>> Hi there are any Voip Providers as good as this or can you buy a
    >>> stand alone unit?
    >>>
    >>> Heidy

    >> Pretty pointless when you can enter any old number.
    >>
    >> ATAs offer ACR but not with prompts like above, it just prevents the
    >> call reaching you.
    >>

    > I know this is an exceptional service the ONLY company that do
    > itUnited States Only
    >
    > are there any alternatives for the Europeans why all the best stuff is
    > in the USA.
    >
    > Heidy

    Wouldn't call it best stuff, it's useless, not worth having.

    The point of ACR is to prevent anonymous callers, now if that anonymous
    caller can present someone else's CLI then they still get through if you
    decide to answer it, yes it has ??nnnnn?? on the display, but as you
    can't trust the ID then it's not worth having.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 21, 2007
  5. Heidy

    alexd Guest

    Heidy wrote:

    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Heidy wrote:

    >>> Anonymous CallBlock With Prompting All these Features Any UK?
    >>> http://www.voicepulse.com/features/advanced/AnonymousCallBlock.aspx
    >>>
    >>> Hi there are any Voip Providers as good as this or can you buy a stand
    >>> alone unit?

    >> Pretty pointless when you can enter any old number.
    >>
    >> ATAs offer ACR but not with prompts like above, it just prevents the
    >> call reaching you.

    > I know this is an exceptional service the ONLY company that do itUnited
    > States Only
    >
    > are there any alternatives for the Europeans why all the best stuff is
    > in the USA.

    Use PrivacyManager() in Asterisk, which I imagine is what Voicepulse are
    doing.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:54:49 up 53 days, 23:56, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.40, 0.59

    alexd, Jun 21, 2007
  6. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Heidy wrote:
    >
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

    >>> Pretty pointless when you can enter any old number.
    >>>
    >>> ATAs offer ACR but not with prompts like above, it just prevents the
    >>> call reaching you.

    >> I know this is an exceptional service the ONLY company that do itUnited
    >> States Only
    >>
    >> are there any alternatives for the Europeans why all the best stuff is
    >> in the USA.

    > Use PrivacyManager() in Asterisk, which I imagine is what Voicepulse are
    > doing.

    Thanks for that info you got a Website for that?

    Regards,

    Heidy

    --
    www.swing4ireland.com

    Limited Special Offer

    www.swinger-personals.co.uk

    Heidy, Jun 22, 2007
  7. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Heidy wrote:
    >
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

    >>> Pretty pointless when you can enter any old number.
    >>>
    >>> ATAs offer ACR but not with prompts like above, it just prevents the
    >>> call reaching you.

    >> I know this is an exceptional service the ONLY company that do itUnited
    >> States Only
    >>
    >> are there any alternatives for the Europeans why all the best stuff is
    >> in the USA.

    > Use PrivacyManager() in Asterisk, which I imagine is what Voicepulse are
    > doing.

    I looked here it seems like a Patch or something is this something
    really technical could I ask my Voip Provider to install this for me?

    >http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk cmd PrivacyManager

    Heidy

    --
    www.swing4ireland.com

    Limited Special Offer

    www.swinger-personals.co.uk

    Heidy, Jun 22, 2007
  8. Heidy

    alexd Guest

    Heidy wrote:

    > alexd wrote:

    >> Use PrivacyManager() in Asterisk, which I imagine is what Voicepulse are
    >> doing.

    > I looked here it seems like a Patch or something is this something
    > really technical could I ask my Voip Provider to install this for me?
    >
    >>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk cmd PrivacyManager

    I've since seen in another thread that you're looking for a user friendly
    easy to install unit, so forget everything I've said :) The Linksys
    SPA-400 does run Asterisk but it's bastardised enough that you probably
    won't be able to use PrivacyManager() wherever you want.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    08:52:47 up 55 days, 10:54, 2 users, load average: 0.81, 0.40, 0.24

    alexd, Jun 23, 2007