    Any comments from the gurus' with the exception of never download things you
    don't trust.
    Thanks

    Use.Netuser.de, Sep 23, 2003

  2. In article <bkqdcq$4ee1i$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Post from alt.internet.p2p
    >
    > "Ted Strangus" <> wrote in message
    > : Haha -
    > : Try and sue me, you bastards - I WIN AGAIN.
    > : We will keep file sharing forever -
    > : And will never know who we are!
    > :
    > : www.kazanon.com
    >
    > Look like a script kiddie's attempt to trojan.
    > Any comments from the gurus' with the exception of never download things you
    > don't trust.
    > Thanks

    so, what trojan is it infected with?

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Sep 23, 2003

  3. "Colonel Flagg" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    : In article <bkqdcq$4ee1i$-berlin.de>,
    : says...
    : > Post from alt.internet.p2p
    : >
    : > "Ted Strangus" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : > : Haha -
    : > : Try and sue me, you bastards - I WIN AGAIN.
    : > : We will keep file sharing forever -
    : > : And will never know who we are!
    : > :
    : > : www.kazanon.com
    : >
    : > Look like a script kiddie's attempt to trojan.
    : > Any comments from the gurus' with the exception of never download things
    you
    : > don't trust.
    : > Thanks
    :
    : so, what trojan is it infected with?
    :
    I have no idea I didn't download it was a supposition based on the rather
    unprofessional site but it but it turns out that it's linked with Odysseus
    Marketing so ad/spyware.

    >http://www.kazanon.com/tnc.htm

    >VI -The user understands, acknowledges and agrees that the application and

    associated components may
    >alter Internet browsing and/or computer user experiences in a manner

    acceptable to Odysseus Marketing
    >Inc, in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, search engine

    query results, display of pop-up
    >window messages, highlighting and hyperlinking of words on web pages,

    redirection of error message
    >pages, changing of user home page, addition of bookmarks to user's browser,

    and/or other

    Use.Netuser.de, Sep 23, 2003
  4. I had a quick look at it in a hex editor. It is definately spyware (mscman).
    It is written in Visual C++, but not linked to the C++ MFC libraries (so
    probably doesn't contain any GUI code at all). Based on that (and given its
    size of <100k, I'd say it's just an installer for some spyware.

    John Doggypoon, Oct 8, 2003