    good, should I just let it take over & use it from now on, or get rid of it
    (if possible). I would be very glad of any advice, thankyou.
    Sorry if this is OT for this group, but I couldn't find a dig. cam. ng.

    whiteMemphis, Sep 12, 2003

  2. whiteMemphis

    trout Guest

    whiteMemphis wrote:

    > Hi all, bit hard to explain, but here goes- After installing software
    > for digital camera, some sort of player installed itself too,
    > although it was not mentioned anywhere on the CD-Rom, and it's
    > attached its own icons to all
    > my image & mp3 files that I never asked for. I could just go to
    > add/remove programs & delete it but I'm worried I'd lose all the
    > abovementioned files. It's something called QuickTime player. What
    > does the group think? if it's good, should I just let it take over &
    > use it from now on, or get rid of it (if possible). I would be very
    > glad of any advice, thankyou.
    > Sorry if this is OT for this group, but I couldn't find a dig. cam.
    > ng.

    You may want to keep QuickTime. You could possibly need it for
    *some* files. But deleting it wouldn't mean losing files you already
    had, that got re-associated with it.
    Change the associations to the program of your choice in Windows
    Explorer. View > Folder Options > File types.
    --
    "Don't you hate when that happens?"

    trout, Sep 12, 2003

  3. whiteMemphis

    °Mike° Guest

    There should be an option in Add\Remove Programs for
    QuickTime, if you're sure your camera software doesn't
    need it. You will not lose any other files.

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:57:12 +1000, in
    <>
    whiteMemphis scrawled:

    >Hi all, bit hard to explain, but here goes- After installing software
    >for digital camera, some sort of player installed itself too, although it
    >was not mentioned anywhere on the CD-Rom, and it's attached its own icons to
    >all
    >my image & mp3 files that I never asked for. I could just go to add/remove
    >programs & delete it but I'm worried I'd lose all the abovementioned files.
    >It's something called QuickTime player. What does the group think? if it's
    >good, should I just let it take over & use it from now on, or get rid of it
    >(if possible). I would be very glad of any advice, thankyou.
    >Sorry if this is OT for this group, but I couldn't find a dig. cam. ng.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 12, 2003
  4. whiteMemphis

    Boomer Guest

    whiteMemphis said:

    > Hi all, bit hard to explain, but here goes- After installing
    > software for digital camera, some sort of player installed
    > itself too, although it was not mentioned anywhere on the
    > CD-Rom, and it's attached its own icons to all
    > my image & mp3 files that I never asked for. I could just go to
    > add/remove programs & delete it but I'm worried I'd lose all the
    > abovementioned files. It's something called QuickTime player.
    > What does the group think? if it's good, should I just let it
    > take over & use it from now on, or get rid of it (if possible).
    > I would be very glad of any advice, thankyou. Sorry if this is
    > OT for this group, but I couldn't find a dig. cam. ng.

    Here's a newsgroup if you ever need it.

    rec.photo.digital

    Boomer, Sep 12, 2003
  5. whiteMemphis

    mdp Guest

    An alternate way to reassociate your picture files without going through Windows Explorer View > Folder Options > File types:

    Left click once on one of the pictures to highlight it, then hold the shift key down and right click and hold. Select "Open With".
    You'll get a list of applications to choose from. Make sure you check the box that says something like "Always use this program to
    open this type of file". Then select the application you prefer to use for that file type. If you don't see it in the list,
    there's a Browse button to enable you to locate your preferred application.

    --
    Please de-spam my address if replying to me

    mdp, Sep 12, 2003
  6. whiteMemphis

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:57:12 +1000, "whiteMemphis"
    <> scribbled:

    >Hi all, bit hard to explain, but here goes- After installing software
    >for digital camera, some sort of player installed itself too, although it
    >was not mentioned anywhere on the CD-Rom, and it's attached its own icons to
    >all
    >my image & mp3 files that I never asked for. I could just go to add/remove
    >programs & delete it but I'm worried I'd lose all the abovementioned files.

    How would removing QuickTime delete your MP3s and images?

    >It's something called QuickTime player. What does the group think? if it's
    >good, should I just let it take over & use it from now on, or get rid of it
    >(if possible). I would be very glad of any advice, thankyou.

    Didn't you ask this same question a month ago?

    >Sorry if this is OT for this group, but I couldn't find a dig. cam. ng.

    You couldn't?

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Sep 12, 2003