    Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?

    Thank you in advance
    Randall

    Randall, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Randall

    sheltongenie Guest

    Randall~
    Sounds like you've got a virus. If you don't have an antivirus program you
    can scan online at http://www.pcpitstop.com/ however, they can not remove
    the virus, if you have one.
    ~SheltonGenie

    sheltongenie, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Randall

    Steve Guest

    "Randall" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone please please please help me.....
    >
    > Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
    > sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
    > homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
    > back.
    >
    > Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Randall

    What homepage ? sounds like some kind of hijacker at work.

    Steve, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Randall

    Harrison Guest

    On 4 Mar 2004 01:06:31 -0800, (Randall) wrote:

    >Can someone please please please help me.....
    >
    >Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
    >sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
    >homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
    >back.
    >
    >Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
    >
    >Thank you in advance
    >Randall

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and dialers.
    The third one will protect your system from further infection by such diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    Post back here with your log file if you do not understand what needs to be removed.

    Harrison, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Randall

    sethra Guest

    (Randall) wrote in

    > Can someone please please please help me.....
    >
    > Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
    > sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
    > homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
    > back.
    >
    > Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Randall

    After you've followed the advice of the other posters in the thread, turn
    off the bloody damn ActiveX and javascript while you surf, and that will
    NOT happen again, at least through casual surfing.

    If you decide to download and run something, that's another story.

    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Mar 5, 2004