    the Special Collector's Edition of the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered
    Country in all of the Bridge scenes? Extremely annoying!

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Rutgar

    Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT, Rutgar <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone else noticed all of those clicking and popping sounds in
    >the Special Collector's Edition of the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered
    >Country in all of the Bridge scenes? Extremely annoying!
    >
    >- Rutgar

    oh my god! the next thing you know they will be trying to immerse us
    in a three dimensional soundfield to make it seem like we are actually
    "on-stage" with our beloved actors!

    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    before that happens I need to sell all 900+ of my DVDs and head
    to . . . . Canada?

    MORON!
    , Feb 24, 2004

  3. Rutgar

    Rutgar Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:25:21 -0600, wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT, Rutgar <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone else noticed all of those clicking and popping sounds in
    >>the Special Collector's Edition of the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered
    >>Country in all of the Bridge scenes? Extremely annoying!
    >>
    >>- Rutgar

    >oh my god! the next thing you know they will be trying to immerse us
    >in a three dimensional soundfield to make it seem like we are actually
    >"on-stage" with our beloved actors!
    >
    >awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    >
    >before that happens I need to sell all 900+ of my DVDs and head
    >to . . . . Canada?
    >
    >MORON!

    IDIOT. It's not a sound field problem. Have you watched the movie
    and listened to what I'm talking about? I wouldn't have brought it
    up if wasn't distracting. And, the sounds don't seem to correlate
    with anything that is happening on the Bridge.

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Rutgar

    Bernie Guest

    no..the only thing that annoyed me was the highly overrated video
    transfer...it was beautiful until the first scene on the enterprise..then it
    went downhill..very disappointed since everywhere ive read it says the video
    transfer was beautiful

    Bernie, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Bernie wrote:

    > no..the only thing that annoyed me was the highly overrated video
    > transfer...it was beautiful until the first scene on the enterprise..then it
    > went downhill..very disappointed since everywhere ive read it says the video
    > transfer was beautiful

    Hmm, is your tv properly calibrated? Is your player cheap? Are you
    using a good connection?

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Rutgar wrote:

    > Has anyone else noticed all of those clicking and popping sounds in
    > the Special Collector's Edition of the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered
    > Country in all of the Bridge scenes? Extremely annoying!
    >
    > - Rutgar

    I did not notice anything like this. I have a Yamaha 5.1 system and a
    Toshiba SD-3800.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Rutgar

    Bernie Guest

    yes no and yes
    a 32inch flat screen sony wega
    connected by s-video jack
    using a (at the time) 225 dollar panasonic rv31
    all the other star trek movies look great on my tv
    could it be possible i got a bad mastered disc?

    Bernie, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Bernie wrote:

    > yes no and yes
    > a 32inch flat screen sony wega
    > connected by s-video jack
    > using a (at the time) 225 dollar panasonic rv31
    > all the other star trek movies look great on my tv
    > could it be possible i got a bad mastered disc?

    You didn't say what you calibrated your tv with, perhaps you didn't
    understand the question. Did you use Avia or DVE? Or did you have an
    ISF guy do it?

    DVDs being digital, I find it hard to believe that you could get a badly
    mastered disc when all of the others look fine. Perhaps one that had
    errors in it, or didn't work at all, but not one that just didn't look nice.

    Explain what looks bad about it.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Rutgar

    McQualude Guest

    Rutgar <> said:

    > Has anyone else noticed all of those clicking and popping sounds in
    > the Special Collector's Edition of the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered
    > Country in all of the Bridge scenes? Extremely annoying!

    Did Shatner freak out about it and blinking lights? <g>
    --
    McQualude
    McQualude, Feb 25, 2004
  10. Rutgar

    JONA99 Guest

    Yes, I noticed this too. There is a strange clacking sound that's markedly
    different -- and louder than -- the usual bridge noise. I'm pretty sure it was
    in the front-left channel only.
    JONA99, Feb 25, 2004
  11. Rutgar

    Rutgar Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 05:38:02 GMT, (JONA99) wrote:

    >Yes, I noticed this too. There is a strange clacking sound that's markedly
    >different -- and louder than -- the usual bridge noise. I'm pretty sure it was
    >in the front-left channel only.

    The front-left channel is where it seem to be dominate, and "out of
    place", I might add.

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Feb 25, 2004
  12. Rutgar

    Bernie Guest

    i didnt understand..no i havent calibrated it..how would i go about
    calibrating it...the darker colors like on the walls..the blacks and greys
    werent crisp kind of dull i dont understand why its judt this one disc..all
    the others look fine

    Bernie, Feb 25, 2004
  13. Bernie wrote:
    > i didnt understand..no i havent calibrated it..how would i go about
    > calibrating it...the darker colors like on the walls..the blacks and greys
    > werent crisp kind of dull i dont understand why its judt this one disc..all
    > the others look fine

    Calibration means using a test disc with test patterns (such as Digital
    Video Essentials which is cheap), and properly setting your color
    temperature, contrast, brightness, color, sharpness, etc. If your tv is
    uncalibrated it is most likely way off where it should be, since tvs are
    pre-set at the factory to be very bright and contrasty, to show off on a
    sales floor.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Rutgar

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Rutgar <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone else noticed all of those clicking and popping sounds in
    > the Special Collector's Edition of the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered
    > Country in all of the Bridge scenes? Extremely annoying!

    Look out! Your speakers are about to explode in a shower of sparks
    killing anyone wearing a red-shirt who happens to be nearby!
    ;^)
    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Feb 26, 2004