annoying recruiter- what can i do about it?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Tim, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
    experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
    before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
    with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
    few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
    from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
    (www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
    Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
    Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
    information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
    full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
    ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
    this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
    a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
    and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
    even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
    aginst them?

    Tim

    Tim, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Tim

    Thor Guest

    >I am getting close to
    > a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
    > and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
    > even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
    > aginst them?

    You are getting "close" to telling her this? For crying out loud Tim, just
    TELL her that you do not wish to be bothered again. At least in the US, they
    must abide by such a request by law. Better yet, if you are in the US, put
    your number on the national "do not call" registry. It's quite effective at
    stopping telephone solicitors.

    www.donotcall.gov

    Thor, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Tim

    Plato Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > your number on the national "do not call" registry. It's quite effective at
    > stopping telephone solicitors.

    Effective, but only somewhat effective.

    Plato, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Tim

    Greg O Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
    > experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
    > before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
    > with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
    > few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
    > from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
    > (www.oxfordcorp.com).

    Do what I do, HANG UP! As soon as you find out who it is, HANG UP!
    Greg

    Greg O, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Tim

    The One Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
    > experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
    > before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
    > with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
    > few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
    > from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
    > (www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
    > Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
    > Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
    > information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
    > full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
    > ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
    > this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
    > a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
    > and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
    > even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
    > aginst them?

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    The One, Nov 18, 2004
  6. Tim

    Thor Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    >>
    >> your number on the national "do not call" registry. It's quite effective
    >> at
    >> stopping telephone solicitors.

    > Effective, but only somewhat effective.

    Was almost 100% effective for me. Used to get 3-4 calls per day, now I
    rarely get more than a couple per month. The effect was dramatic.

    Thor, Nov 19, 2004
  7. Purchase an answering machine...

    Internet Traveler, Nov 19, 2004
  8. Tim

    The One Guest

    Hire a secretary

    The One, Nov 19, 2004
  9. Tim

    WebWalker Guest

    Politely tell her that you going to use F word and hard voice if she
    keep on calling you :)

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Nov 19, 2004
  10. Tim

    Plato Guest

    WebWalker wrote:

    > Politely tell her that you going to use F word and hard voice if she
    > keep on calling you :)

    Better yet, ask her what she is wearing...then go on from there :)

    Plato, Nov 19, 2004
  11. Tim

    James Baber Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
    > experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
    > before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
    > with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
    > few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
    > from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
    > (www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
    > Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
    > Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
    > information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
    > full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
    > ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
    > this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
    > a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
    > and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
    > even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
    > aginst them?
    >
    > Tim

    Send a Mafia Threat from Corleone, Sicily!
    Signore PeppinoExplain your problem to Signore Peppino and he'll make sure his
    consultants mail a threatening but very funny mafia letter straight from
    Corleone, Sicily, to that special someone! Samples! FAQs

    Each letter is handwritten (time permitting) on the business letterhead of his
    company: Peppino's Insurance Company. "We'll protect you...one way or another."

    Mailed and postmarked directly from Corleone, Sicily!

    Mailed by Global Priority Mail (6-8 days to the USA) because it has to get there
    fast!
    Just 6.99 Euro (postage included)
    Price in your currency:
    6.99 Euros
    Details Add to Cart View Cart Checkout

    (So sorry, we don't send death nor physical threats mainly because it's against
    any law in any country on this planet and on Mars.)

    --
    Jim Baber
    Email

    1350 W Mesa Ave.
    Fresno CA, 93711
    (559) 435-9068
    (559) 905-2204 (A no charge Verizon IN cellphone to other Verizon IN accounts)
    See our 10kW grid tied solar system at "www.baber.org"

    James Baber, Nov 19, 2004