    problem? I haven't downloaded Ad-Aware yet, I'm just afraid it's not going
    to do anything...Thanks in advance!!

    Jenn

    Jenn, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Jenn

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Jenn wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > My husband is a big gamer and downloads maps, so I have a feeling we
    > picked up something when downloading a map. This *only* happens with
    > IE, I always use Mozilla Firefox. Anyway when trying to surf on IE,
    > it freezes and pulls up a pop-up window with an advertisement. I
    > downloaded Trend Microvirus Pc-cillin 2006 to evaluate for 30 days,
    > it's scanned and deleted spyware, but it's still happening.
    > Would Ad-Aware catch something like that? Anyone having this similar
    > problem? I haven't downloaded Ad-Aware yet, I'm just afraid it's not
    > going to do anything...Thanks in advance!!
    >
    > Jenn

    Download, install, update and run all of these:

    Adaware
    SpywareBlaster
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Ewido
    Windows Defender Beta 2

    To be sure you're getting a "safe" copy, download them from www.download.com

    Toolman Tim, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Jenn

    Jenn Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Jenn wrote:
    >
    > Download, install, update and run all of these:
    >
    > Adaware
    > SpywareBlaster
    > Spybot Search and Destroy
    > Ewido
    > Windows Defender Beta 2
    >
    > To be sure you're getting a "safe" copy, download them from
    > www.download.com
    >
    > --
    > When I was a child, I remember my Mom telling me, "Son, when you grow
    > up, you can marry any girl you please." When I became a young man, I
    > learned the sad fact was that I could not please any of them.

    It looks like Ad-Aware might have taken care of this *crosses fingers*.
    Thanks!!!! :)

    Jenn

    Jenn, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Jenn

    PeeCee Guest

    "Jenn" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Jenn wrote:
    >>
    >> Download, install, update and run all of these:
    >>
    >> Adaware
    >> SpywareBlaster
    >> Spybot Search and Destroy
    >> Ewido
    >> Windows Defender Beta 2
    >>
    >> To be sure you're getting a "safe" copy, download them from
    >> www.download.com
    >>
    >> --
    >> When I was a child, I remember my Mom telling me, "Son, when you grow
    >> up, you can marry any girl you please." When I became a young man, I
    >> learned the sad fact was that I could not please any of them.
    >>

    > It looks like Ad-Aware might have taken care of this *crosses fingers*.
    > Thanks!!!! :)
    >
    > Jenn

    Jenn

    The list of programs that Toolman gave you may also help with your next post
    (Neopets)
    They are all free and with all of them installed give you some of the best
    protection available.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 9, 2006