    responding to anything.

    Thanks for any help.

    -Rich
    Old Dog, Aug 18, 2003

  2. In article <PD40b.365$>,
    splurted...
    > How do I report a dangerous troll to Usenet? I remember seeing an address once
    > but can't locate it. We have a group that deals with fireworks and several weeks
    > ago some sociopath started posting "instructions" for making things that are
    > obviously (to the experienced folks) intended to get some newbie hurt or killed.
    > He has not responded to gentle requests to stop posting this "Anarchist
    > Cookbook" crap, and we have tried ignoring him, but he doesn't seem to be
    > responding to anything.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > -Rich

    Whats the name of the group?
    --
    Mike
    Michael Thompson, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Old Dog

    Old Dog Guest

    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:36:47 GMT, Old Dog wrote:
    > > How do I report a dangerous troll to Usenet? I remember seeing an address

    once
    > > but can't locate it. We have a group that deals with fireworks and several

    weeks
    > > ago some sociopath started posting "instructions" for making things that are
    > > obviously (to the experienced folks) intended to get some newbie hurt or

    killed.
    > > He has not responded to gentle requests to stop posting this "Anarchist
    > > Cookbook" crap, and we have tried ignoring him, but he doesn't seem to be
    > > responding to anything.

    > If you are concerned about it then you need to followup the kook posts
    > with some warning or disclaimer. Write a standard piece of text about it
    > and post it whenever 'Kooky the Bomber' shows up.
    >
    > Or just killfile him. No one should uncritically follow the advice or
    > instructions provided in any newsgroup.

    Well, gee, that would be just great advice if the only people who read the posts
    were experienced pyrotechnists. These are open forums, and we get kids 12-year
    old and younger looking around every day. If you've ever seen the damage a pipe
    bomb can do to a kids arm (I was going to say "hand", but it wasn't there any
    more), you would damned well understand why we feel the way we do.

    -Rich
    Old Dog, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Old Dog

    Richard Guest

    Old Dog wrote:>>

    > How do I report a dangerous troll to Usenet? I remember seeing an address
    > once but can't locate it. We have a group that deals with fireworks and
    > several weeks ago some sociopath started posting "instructions" for
    > making things that are obviously (to the experienced folks) intended to
    > get some newbie hurt or killed. He has not responded to gentle requests
    > to stop posting this "Anarchist Cookbook" crap, and we have tried
    > ignoring him, but he doesn't seem to be responding to anything.

    > Thanks for any help.

    > -Rich

    You could try writing to his ISP/news service and making them understand
    that he is advocating and instructing on how to make destructive weapons.
    You should also point out to readers of the group, that following such
    advice is not only dangerous, but could also land you a lengthy stay in a
    prison.
    Richard, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Old Dog

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:53:17 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > You could try writing to his ISP/news service and making them understand
    > that he is advocating and instructing on how to make destructive weapons.
    > You should also point out to readers of the group, that following such
    > advice is not only dangerous, but could also land you a lengthy stay in a
    > prison.

    Richard the Stupid is describing actions similar to those frequently
    applied to his posts.

    Troll-o-meter: "Richard" = Richard Bullis; Category = Kook
    -----------------------
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    -----------------------
    /\

    Don't listen to "Richard". If there is ever any truth to what
    he says it is for the same reason a broken clock is correct twice a day.

    An example of Richard Bullis' technical knowledge:
    "Ho hum. another loudmouth wise ass.
    first of all buddy boy, newsgroups are not attached to the internet.
    they are two seperate entities.
    as a matter of fact, the newsgroups were on line before the internet
    was."

    A recent reply to Richard Bullis:
    "I really hate to say this, but Bullis....you are an absolute idiot. I
    am in awe at your complete lack of comprehension ability, and your utter
    ignorance."

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/

    Use similar technique for 'Kooky the Bomber'
    Jimchip, Aug 18, 2003
  6. Thawban Milburn <> wrote:

    >trout wrote:
    >
    >> They are much-practiced at this sort of thing, and go to great
    >> lengths to post through anonymous remailers

    >Great lengths? Just because you don't know how to set up Outlook Express, or
    >any other news client for that matter, these people go to great lengths?
    >BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Troutbie's crusading again - his latest stance being opposing online
    anonymity (isn't that the spammer's forte?). His evangelising on
    nym-shifting, remailing, etc. further proves what a pointy-headed
    netk00k he surely is.

    I wonder if 'trout' is his real name...?

    >> and ISP's that are
    >> notorious for their 'anything-goes' attitude.

    >Oh, that's right. They don't have freedom of speech where you are, do they?
    >Alien concept to you, isn't it?

    All part and parcel of the MoDuhrator's office.

    >> My suggestion is as Jimchip advised. Use a standard warning
    >> disclaimer to identify its posts, and otherwise, starve it for the
    >> attention it craves. Warn others to do likewise.

    >What good, pray tell, has that done for you and this fucked up froup, hmmm?
    >Answer with anything that means anything other than absolutely **** all, and
    >you're wrong... as usual.

    Don'cha just love the way he continually rebukes the troll-enalbler
    whilst feeding the **** out of them himself - hilarious old hypocrite
    that he is. ;o)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003
  7. "Old Dog" <> wrote:

    >How do I report a dangerous troll to Usenet?

    You just did.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003