    suspicious.
    ta much
    jim

    jim, Nov 5, 2003

  2. jim

    Guest

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:00:10 -0800, "jim" <>
    wrote:

    >I have received 28 emails all containing a cumulative patch fixing known
    >vunerabilities for IE.
    >All from different sources. All containing the same text and accompanying
    >MS graphic.
    >Why would I receive this mail 28 times (and counting). Is it safe to instal
    >the patch.
    >Just the fact that i have received the same mail so many times makes me
    >suspicious.
    >ta much
    >jim

    It's a virus.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Nov 5, 2003

  3. jim

    Robert Baer Guest

    jim wrote:

    > I have received 28 emails all containing a cumulative patch fixing known
    > vunerabilities for IE.
    > All from different sources. All containing the same text and accompanying
    > MS graphic.
    > Why would I receive this mail 28 times (and counting). Is it safe to instal
    > the patch.
    > Just the fact that i have received the same mail so many times makes me
    > suspicious.
    > ta much
    > jim

    Microsoft *NEVER* communicates to customers this way, and *NEVER*
    sends patches, updates, etc to customers.
    Furthermore, you are NOT a customer - you have not registered via US
    Snail the purported product.
    Without exception, * A L L * of these e-mails are phoney, and if have
    attachment(s) are nasty virii and should be Instantly deleted!!
    * N E V E R * open !any! attachment in *any* e-mail unless (1) you
    absolutely know the PERSON who sent it AND (2) you trust that person AND
    you know what is in it AND (3) it is not an EXE, SCR, JS, or anything
    else that can be executed.
    And even then do not open it, at worst save it and scan it for virii.
    Netter yet, scan *ALL* incoming e-mails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Robert Baer, Nov 5, 2003
  4. jim

    Lurk Guest

    Don't take this seriously. It's true what Robert Baer said. Microsoft Never
    provide you with the latest updates via email. When you want to update
    Windows you use the automatic updates facility. This email is a hoax
    Microsoft mail and contains the MS Blaster virus. As soon as you see this
    email just delete it, and don't forget to empty your deleted items.

    --
    Lurk

    Lurk, Nov 5, 2003
  5. jim

    force Guest

    it is a virus DO NOT Run the attachment

    force, Nov 5, 2003
  6. jim

    vince Guest

    NO, IT HAS THE SWEN VIRUS.

    vince, Nov 6, 2003
  7. jim

    Robert Baer Guest

    vince wrote:

    > NO, IT HAS THE SWEN VIRUS.
    > "force" <> wrote in message
    > > it is a virus DO NOT Run the attachment
    > >
    > > "jim" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have received 28 emails all containing a cumulative patch fixing known
    > > > vunerabilities for IE.
    > > > All from different sources. All containing the same text and

    > accompanying
    > > > MS graphic.
    > > > Why would I receive this mail 28 times (and counting). Is it safe to

    > > instal
    > > > the patch.
    > > > Just the fact that i have received the same mail so many times makes me
    > > > suspicious.
    > > > ta much
    > > > jim

    It appears different "messages" may have different virii loads.
    Treat all of them the same: D E L E T E !!

    Robert Baer, Nov 6, 2003
  8. jim

    vince Guest

    I opened one so Norton could tell me what virus it is and its okay as long
    as you have good virus software.

    vince, Nov 6, 2003
  9. jim

    milo Guest

    down load a program called mail washer, or mail washer pro
    u can open your email first off the server
    and download the ones u want to view.

    milo

    milo, Nov 7, 2003
  10. jim

    mark mandell Guest

    "vince" <> wrote in message
    > I opened one so Norton could tell me what virus it is and its okay as long
    > as you have good virus software.

    That's NOT necessarily true as I discovered to my dismay a few months
    back(from the Sobig4 virus)which knocked my Norton anti-virus program out of
    commission and led to my having to uninstall and reinstall it.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandell, Nov 7, 2003
  11. jim

    Robert Baer Guest

    milo wrote:

    > down load a program called mail washer, or mail washer pro
    > u can open your email first off the server
    > and download the ones u want to view.
    >
    > milo
    >
    > "jim" <> wrote in message
    > > I have received 28 emails all containing a cumulative patch fixing known
    > > vunerabilities for IE.
    > > All from different sources. All containing the same text and accompanying
    > > MS graphic.
    > > Why would I receive this mail 28 times (and counting). Is it safe to

    > instal
    > > the patch.
    > > Just the fact that i have received the same mail so many times makes me
    > > suspicious.
    > > ta much
    > > jim

    Be as that may, *NEVER* (that means -->NEVER<--) view unknown
    attachments from un-known sources!

    Robert Baer, Nov 7, 2003
  12. jim

    Linsy Guest

    I have received those emails too. They are viruses. MS never sends patches
    or programs by email. My Anti-Virus catches them every time so far.

    Linsy

    Linsy, Nov 11, 2003