Annoying motherboard startup...

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by VWWall, May 6, 2004.

  1. VWWall

    VWWall Guest

    Montgomery BOO...URNS wrote:

    > Hello all:
    >
    > I just got my new computer up and running and it runs totally awesome - I
    > LOVE IT!! The Asus P4P800 motherboard is tops in my book only that there's
    > one thing that's annoying me every so often when I restart the computer and
    > that is I get this message from the BIOS:
    >
    > New CPU Installed! Please enter SETUP to configure your system.
    > Press F1 to Run Setup
    > Press F2 to load default values and continue
    >
    > This message seems to appear either when I change a setting through the
    > Control Panel on my Windows 2000, or I install a new program (not all
    > programs, mainly Windows or Microsoft programs), or if I change a setting on
    > a piece of hardware through Windows.
    >
    > What can I do to keep this message from suprisingly making an appearance and
    > getting rid of it permanently? I've already flashed the BIOS and loaded up
    > the motherboard drivers.
    >
    > Also, I've switched off the power supply from the switch on the back of the
    > supply itself only to have all the time and date settings on the BIOS reset
    > on me. How can I keep that from happening even if I do a complete power
    > supply shutdown?

    Even though it's a new motherboard, it sounds like the BIOS battery is
    bad. It's worth a try with a new one. They cost only $2 to $3, and
    they are widely available. Many are the same as used in key chain LED
    lites, and can be found at auto parts stores

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.

    Montgomery BOO...URNS, May 6, 2004

  3. I asked about that a while back, and it seemed like a good idea to just
    start with a fresh battery out of the package but I was told it wasn't
    necessary.... I know some of the motherboard manufacturers have a tendency
    to test the same batteries that they end up packaging with the motherboard.
    So I'll give it a try!

    Thanks!

    Montgomery BOO...URNS, May 6, 2004
  4. VWWall

    Captain Ron Guest

    Is the bios current?

    Captain Ron, May 6, 2004
  5. I flashed the Bios if that's what you're asking!

    Montgomery BOO...URNS, May 7, 2004
  6. VWWall

    Captain Ron Guest

    What version of bios?