    Why must they show scenes at the intro to the DVD of the same movie???
    Is ADD THAT bad out there?
    -Rich
    Richard, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Richard

    mzmeryze Guest

    On 9 Dec 2003 14:53:28 -0800, (Richard) wrote:

    >Is ADD THAT bad out there?

    Huh?
    mzmeryze, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Richard

    Justin Guest

    Richard wrote on [9 Dec 2003 14:53:28 -0800]:
    > Why must they show scenes at the intro to the DVD of the same movie???

    The assumption that people have seen the movie really must end

    I have rented DVDs that give stuff away. I own several that also gives
    stuff away.
    Justin, Dec 10, 2003
  4. >>Is ADD THAT bad out there?

    >Huh?

    ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).

    From the context of the original poster's post, I believe that that is what he
    was talking about regarding ads on a dvd for the same movie that is on the dvd.
    Waterperson77, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Richard

    DanRydell Guest

    (Richard) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Why must they show scenes at the intro to the DVD of the same movie???
    > Is ADD THAT bad out there?
    > -Rich

    You'd rather they show scenes from a different movie?!?

    Personally, I think my enjoyment of the Lion King DVD would be greatly
    enhanced if they showed a few clips of The Terminator during the menu
    start up.
    DanRydell, Dec 10, 2003

    > > Why must they show scenes at the intro to the DVD of the same movie???
    > > Is ADD THAT bad out there?
    > > -Rich

    > You'd rather they show scenes from a different movie?!?
    >

    > Personally, I think my enjoyment of the Lion King DVD would be greatly
    > enhanced if they showed a few clips of The Terminator during the menu
    > start up.

    LOL. And I think I would prefer a few clips from the second one. As for ADD,
    it must be bad out there since every time after a commercial they have to
    put NOW and NEXT, and the same promo popup ads over and over. People were
    skipping commercials with VCRs, so the ability to record on a hard disk
    automatically is just an excuse to shove more promo ads in our faces while
    the show is playing. I'd more likely pay attention if it was put on a bumper
    before the show resumes (like I overshoot, go back before it starts, and I'm
    exposed to the info on the bumper! I might see it because I won't be
    concentrating to keep from seeing a popup while I'm watching my show. And
    seeing it over subtitles part of the show so I can't read it is just
    aggravating. The show is ruined enough with the logo). Use your systems TV
    guide, look in the newspaper, or another one in print (I know you have to
    look at a more recent schedule for the broadcast networks since every week
    seem like a whole different schedule).

    And I think it would help keep piracy down. I'm sure there are people asking
    for shows not on dvd yet that have been broadcast recently but are looking
    for good copies made when all they showed over it was a logo.
    Michael Walker, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Richard

    DJ Kazuya Guest

    "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    > >>Is ADD THAT bad out there?

    > >Huh?

    > ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).
    >
    > From the context of the original poster's post, I believe that that is

    what he
    > was talking about regarding ads on a dvd for the same movie that is on the

    dvd.

    Actually, I think the OP is talking about the actual main menu of the DVD
    itself. They sometimes show footage of the movie... especially when they
    are leading in to the actual point where you can select from "play",
    "audio", and such....
    --
    peace Kazuya
    DJ Kazuya, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Richard

    Jeeters Guest

    > Actually, I think the OP is talking about the actual main menu of the DVD
    > itself. They sometimes show footage of the movie... especially when they
    > are leading in to the actual point where you can select from "play",
    > "audio", and such....

    I absolutely *hate* that.
    Jeeters, Dec 11, 2003
  9. Richard

    Justin Guest

    DJ Kazuya wrote on [Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:10:53 GMT]:

    > "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >Huh?

    >> ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).
    >>
    >> From the context of the original poster's post, I believe that that is

    > what he
    >> was talking about regarding ads on a dvd for the same movie that is on the

    > dvd.
    >>

    > Actually, I think the OP is talking about the actual main menu of the DVD
    > itself. They sometimes show footage of the movie... especially when they
    > are leading in to the actual point where you can select from "play",
    > "audio", and such....

    Or even when you hit "play movie" or go into other menus
    Justin, Dec 11, 2003
  10. Richard

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, DanRydell <> wrote:
    > (Richard) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> Why must they show scenes at the intro to the DVD of the same movie???
    >> Is ADD THAT bad out there?
    >> -Rich

    >You'd rather they show scenes from a different movie?!?

    No, of course not. If they have to have anything at all (and that's
    debatable), it could be something in the style of the movie but not
    actually from the movie -- as /Identity/ and /Joy Ride/ did, if
    memory serves.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Stan Brown, Dec 12, 2003