    It stays there until I manually close it. Not life threatening, but really
    annoying. Any way to turn this off?

    TD

    =?Utf-8?B?dGQ=?=, Jun 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGQ=?=

    kapil [MSFT] Guest

    You may find this useful:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307729/en-us

    kapil [MSFT], Jun 23, 2006

  3. Try:

    Control Panel->Network connections ->Wireless connection->right click
    properties

    Then look at the bottom of the properties screen, check or uncheck boxes
    pertaining to "notification"

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtDaGlu?=, Jun 23, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGQ=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "td" <> wrote in message news:...
    > When my computer starts and windows (xp) loads, a little window pops up by my
    > system tray icon that says "wireless network connection is now connected."
    > It stays there until I manually close it. Not life threatening, but really
    > annoying. Any way to turn this off?

    Disabling all the balloons may be a bit drastic.
    In this case, I just go to Network connections and disable the wi-fi device when I don't plan to use it.
    This also saves battery power.
    When using wi-fi, probably you want to be warned about lost connection.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 23, 2006