    usually, or if not its completely obvious what it is then that irritating
    brown box appears telling you something you dont need telling and also
    blocks what you're looking at at the same time..
    Jeremy Watts, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Jeremy Watts

    Tee Jay Guest

    Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > how do you get rid of those rectangular light brown boxes that appear
    > whenever the cursor is allowed to rest on anything of any importance? i
    > find them annoying beyond belief and have tried everything to get rid of
    > them with no success.
    >
    > i mean how pointless are they? the thing already says on it what it is
    > usually, or if not its completely obvious what it is then that irritating
    > brown box appears telling you something you dont need telling and also
    > blocks what you're looking at at the same time..

    here ya go
    > Enable/Disable Tool Tip Displays
    >
    > This tweak removes tool tips from appearing when the mouse moves across items that support the display of tool tips.
    >

    > [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
    > Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    > Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: ShowInfoTip
    > Modify/Create the Value Name [ShowInfoTip] according to the Value Data listed below.
    > Value Data: [0 - ShowInfoTip Disabled / 1 - ShowInfoTip Enabled]
    > Exit Registry and Reboot

    credit goes to http://www.theeldergeek.com/tool_tip_displays.htm

    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, Nov 6, 2006

  3. Jeremy Watts

    Jeremy Watts Guest

    "Tee Jay" <> wrote in message
    > Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > > how do you get rid of those rectangular light brown boxes that appear
    > > whenever the cursor is allowed to rest on anything of any importance? i
    > > find them annoying beyond belief and have tried everything to get rid of
    > > them with no success.
    > >
    > > i mean how pointless are they? the thing already says on it what it is
    > > usually, or if not its completely obvious what it is then that

    irritating
    > > brown box appears telling you something you dont need telling and also
    > > blocks what you're looking at at the same time..
    > >

    > here ya go
    > > Enable/Disable Tool Tip Displays
    > >
    > > This tweak removes tool tips from appearing when the mouse moves across

    items that support the display of tool tips.

    > > [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
    > > Registry Key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advance
    > > Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: ShowInfoTip
    > > Modify/Create the Value Name [ShowInfoTip] according to the Value Data

    listed below.
    > > Value Data: [0 - ShowInfoTip Disabled / 1 - ShowInfoTip Enabled]
    > > Exit Registry and Reboot
    > >

    > credit goes to http://www.theeldergeek.com/tool_tip_displays.htm
    >
    > Tee Jay

    thanks, but i followed those steps and it still doesnt work... i brought
    up the 'value data box' and there was already a zero there, so anyway i
    deleted it and put the zero back, restarted and still they appear... i
    even tried putting a 1 there and it still doesnt knock it off... i swear
    this is revenge for something ive done in a past life..
    Jeremy Watts, Nov 6, 2006
  4. Jeremy Watts

    Alan Justice Guest

    reboot?

    --
    - Alan Justice

    Alan Justice, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Jeremy Watts

    Jeremy Watts Guest

    "Alan Justice" <> wrote in message
    > reboot?

    is rebooting the same as restarting??

    Jeremy Watts, Nov 6, 2006
  6. Jeremy Watts

    Alan Justice Guest

    I rember hating that term when all it really means is "turn it off, then on
    again." Sometimes settings don't take effect until the comuter restarts.

    Alan Justice, Nov 6, 2006
  7. Jeremy Watts

    > I rember hating that term when all it really means is "turn it off, then

    on
    > again." Sometimes settings don't take effect until the comuter restarts.
    >
    > --
    > - Alan Justice

    sadly yes i did restart and it didnt work.. i just dont get it, the 0 was
    definitely displayed when i first brought the box up

    Jeremy Watts, Nov 7, 2006