    this annoying message box won't appear.

    Thanks,

    Steve
    Steve, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Steve

    Robert Mohr Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Every time I bring up Mozilla Mail V1.4 I get this annoying message
    > box:
    >
    > Confirm: Do you wish to compact local and offline folders to save disk
    > space? Ok or Cancel.
    >
    > I would like to always compact, is there a way to have this always to
    > default to Yes and never ask again?
    >
    > If I can't default to YES is there a way to disable compaction so that
    > this annoying message box won't appear.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve

    I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but here: Edit |
    Preferences | Offline & Disk Space | Compact folders when it will save
    over ___ KB.
    Robert Mohr, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:50:26 GMT, Robert Mohr <> wrote:

    >Steve wrote:
    >
    >> Every time I bring up Mozilla Mail V1.4 I get this annoying message
    >> box:
    >>
    >> Confirm: Do you wish to compact local and offline folders to save disk
    >> space? Ok or Cancel.
    >>
    >> I would like to always compact, is there a way to have this always to
    >> default to Yes and never ask again?
    >>
    >> If I can't default to YES is there a way to disable compaction so that
    >> this annoying message box won't appear.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>

    >I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but here: Edit |
    >Preferences | Offline & Disk Space | Compact folders when it will save
    >over ___ KB.

    Yes, I do have that option enabled. The annoyance is WHY is there a
    dialog box asking to do the compaction? Why not just DO IT?

    I'll turn off the option and see if it gets rid of the annoying dialog
    box. Some feature that is (NOT).

    Steve
    Steve, Aug 5, 2003