    Control panel? XP help? Annoyancers.org?
    Suggestions?
    Mori
    morisset, Jun 20, 2008

  2. morisset

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <c508f6d9-83e6-49ac-88d8-
    >, says...
    > When I start up the computer I am informed that there are programs
    > waiting to be copied to CD. There aren't any. Also another balloon
    > informs me that the wireless connection is closed down. I don't know
    > where to turn these annoying windows off. Register? Task manager?
    > Control panel? XP help? Annoyancers.org?
    > Suggestions?
    > Mori

    1. Don't listen to Woger (Brian Mathews - not his real name at all,
    BTW).

    re CD waiting to be copied? - you mean burned don't you?

    re wireless, if you don't use it, disable it (Control Panel, Network -
    disable your wireless (if you have a notebook PC, and you can turn off
    wireless (a lot of the have a wee swithc on them), then just turn that
    off).

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jun 20, 2008

  3. morisset

    morisset Guest

    On 20 Jun, 22:53, Brian Mathews <>
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:46:09 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > >In article <c508f6d9-83e6-49ac-88d8-
    > >>, says...
    > >> When I start up the computer I am informed that there are programs
    > >> waiting to be copied to CD. There aren't any. Also another balloon
    > >> informs me that the wireless connection is closed down. I don't know
    > >> where to turn these annoying windows off. Register? Task manager?
    > >> Control panel? XP help? Annoyancers.org?
    > >> Suggestions?
    > >> Mori

    > >1. Don't listen to Woger (Brian Mathews - not his real name at all,
    > >BTW).

    > What nasty piece of Crap you are, I posted a link to a tool to turn off balloon Tips.
    > Check before you Insult me again.
    >
    > It seams that you know very little and because of that you have to Insult me..
    >
    > >re CD waiting to be copied? - you mean burned don't you?

    > >re wireless, if you don't use it, disable it (Control Panel, Network -
    > >disable your wireless (if you have a notebook PC, and you can turn off
    > >wireless (a lot of the have a wee swithc on them), then just turn that
    > >off).

    Cut it out! I am asking for help here. The following words are used in
    balloons:
    1) You have files waiting to be written to the CD
    2) Wireless network connection is not connected.

    As regards 1) I am searching prgs used e.g. Nero, Polder
    " " 2) On Control Panel network properties etc doesn't
    seem to have a disable switch.

    Looking into XP antispy

    Any more people out there having this ridiculous annoyance?

    Mori
    morisset, Jun 21, 2008
  4. morisset

    Sam Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/48s2yy
    Sam, Jun 21, 2008
  5. morisset

    impossible Guest

    "morisset" <> wrote in message
    > On 20 Jun, 22:53, Brian Mathews <>
    > wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:46:09 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >> >In article <c508f6d9-83e6-49ac-88d8-

    >> >1. Don't listen to Woger (Brian Mathews - not his real name at all,
    >> >BTW).

    >> What nasty piece of Crap you are, I posted a link to a tool to turn off
    >> balloon Tips.
    >> Check before you Insult me again.
    >>
    >> It seams that you know very little and because of that you have to Insult
    >> me..
    >>
    >> >re CD waiting to be copied? - you mean burned don't you?

    >> >re wireless, if you don't use it, disable it (Control Panel, Network -
    >> >disable your wireless (if you have a notebook PC, and you can turn off
    >> >wireless (a lot of the have a wee swithc on them), then just turn that
    >> >off).

    > Cut it out! I am asking for help here. The following words are used in
    > balloons:
    > 1) You have files waiting to be written to the CD

    This is what happens when you use XP's built-in CD Burner function and the
    burn process fails for some reason. Assuming this was unintended, just go
    here...

    C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

    ...and delete the files that Windows keeps seeing.

    > 2) Wireless network connection is not connected.

    There are 2 possibilities here that I can think of:

    (a) disable the wireless icon

    Go Control Panel | Network Connections | Wireless Network Connection
    Then select Properties and uncheck "Show icon in notification area when
    connected.

    No icon, no balloon messages. But not so good, of course, if your wireless
    connection is flakey enough that you regularly want to check the icon to
    confirm speeds.

    (b) kill the balloon messages (all of them)

    In the Registry Editor, go to this key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

    Create a new key there with a DWORD value of EnableBalloonTips and assign it
    a value of 0.

    Drastic, because you'd prefer to kill just that one tip if you could -- but
    you can't (AFAIK). Then again, I'm struggling here to think of a balloon tip
    of any sort that I've ever actually found useful.
    impossible, Jun 21, 2008
  6. morisset

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <a08e341f-f767-47d5-951b-bf7edb7e2bf1
    @x19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > On 20 Jun, 22:53, Brian Mathews <>
    > wrote:
    > > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:46:09 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > > >In article <c508f6d9-83e6-49ac-88d8-

    > > >1. Don't listen to Woger (Brian Mathews - not his real name at all,
    > > >BTW).

    > > What nasty piece of Crap you are, I posted a link to a tool to turn off balloon Tips.
    > > Check before you Insult me again.
    > >
    > > It seams that you know very little and because of that you have to Insult me..
    > >
    > > >re CD waiting to be copied? - you mean burned don't you?

    > > >re wireless, if you don't use it, disable it (Control Panel, Network -
    > > >disable your wireless (if you have a notebook PC, and you can turn off
    > > >wireless (a lot of the have a wee swithc on them), then just turn that
    > > >off).

    > Cut it out! I am asking for help here. The following words are used in
    > balloons:

    Well...yer dealing with Woger, what do you expect.

    > 1) You have files waiting to be written to the CD

    Open the CD/DVD drive (d: drive is it? - whatever) - you don't need a
    disc in it. You'll see the same message - "files waiting to be
    written" - and you'll also the the files. Delete them.

    Problem solved.

    > 2) Wireless network connection is not connected.
    >
    > As regards 1) I am searching prgs used e.g. Nero, Polder
    > " " 2) On Control Panel network properties etc doesn't
    > seem to have a disable switch.

    Yes it does. Right click the wireless connection in Network
    Connections, choose disable.

    'nother problem solved.

    > Looking into XP antispy

    Jeez *don't* follow Woger's suggestion - yer barking up the wrong tree
    going here - you *don't* need XP antispy to do what you want.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jun 21, 2008
  7. morisset

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-06-20, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:46:09 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <c508f6d9-83e6-49ac-88d8-
    >>>, says...
    >>> When I start up the computer I am informed that there are programs
    >>> waiting to be copied to CD. There aren't any. Also another balloon
    >>> informs me that the wireless connection is closed down. I don't know
    >>> where to turn these annoying windows off. Register? Task manager?
    >>> Control panel? XP help? Annoyancers.org?
    >>> Suggestions?
    >>> Mori

    >>1. Don't listen to Woger (Brian Mathews - not his real name at all,
    >>BTW).

    > What nasty piece of Crap you are, I posted a link to a tool to turn off balloon Tips.
    > Check before you Insult me again.
    >
    > It seams that you know very little and because of that you have to Insult me..

    Sorry, Roger. He did not insult you. Just offered the advice that he should
    not listen to you. Read, in the posters view, your opinion was incorrect.

    You, Roger, have done the insulting, by saying "What nasty piece of Crap you
    are " You shot yourself in the foot with that remark
    Gordon, Jun 21, 2008
  8. morisset

    morisset Guest

    On 21 Jun, 16:16, Gordon <> wrote:
    > On 2008-06-20, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:46:09 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    > >>In article <c508f6d9-83e6-49ac-88d8-

    > >>1. Don't listen to Woger (Brian Mathews - not his real name at all,
    > >>BTW).

    > > What nasty piece of Crap you are, I posted a link to a tool to turn off balloon Tips.
    > > Check before you Insult me again.

    > > It seams that you know very little and because of that you have to Insult me..

    > Sorry, Roger. He did not insult you. Just offered the advice that he should
    > not listen to you. Read, in the posters view, your opinion was incorrect.
    >
    > You, Roger, have done the insulting, by saying "What nasty piece of Crap you
    > are " You shot yourself in the foot with that remark

    Hello all,

    The list of waiting files for the cd was in the temp file. Hard to
    find though. The wireless balloon disappeared when challenged under
    network connections.

    I hope I have learnt something. A little knowledge is a dangerous
    thing. I have resolved never to touch the registry.

    Thanks,
    Mori
    morisset, Jun 23, 2008