    around this?

    Also, if I try to lower my security from medium to medium-low its always
    goes to the default Medium.

    Tara Legale, Nov 22, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:23:00 +0000, Tara Legale wrote:

    > Installed the IE7 upgrade last night and now a handful of sites I always
    > frequented (alltel, overstock.com) say they have invalid site certs or
    > sigs. I have played with my security settings to no avail. What can I
    > do to get around this?
    >
    > Also, if I try to lower my security from medium to medium-low its always
    > goes to the default Medium.

    IE7 is a real pain in the *ss. Most everything takes four clicks to do
    what was a single click in IE6. The interface is prettier, though. You
    can uninstall IE7 and revert back to IE6, supposedly, but I think you can
    go over to Tools/Phishing Filter and disable that feature. You might try
    the Advanced settings under the Internet Options, down by Security and
    uncheck the appropriate setting in there. Hope this helps.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Nov 22, 2007

  3. Tara Legale

    Tara Legale Guest

    even more problems now! HELP!

    Hi, I"m the OP. Well for 1-1/2 days IE has been fine, however this
    afternoon I received notice of two windows updates for IE7. Installed them,
    rebooted and now I have a blue screen error!!! I went into safe mode,
    uninstalled the 2 updates, still a blue screen. went back into SF, did a
    system restore to before IE7. Still blue screens. I did a number of other
    things to fix this such as MSCONFIG and disabled start up items, chkdisk/r,
    ran diagnostics and it found nothing. Now what do I do???

    Tara Legale, Nov 23, 2007