    From: "Your Name" <>
    Msg-ID: <>
    Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 12:33 PM EDT
    Subject: FA: Cheap SD card on eBay

    On-going group discussions, as this, and our participation, is a reason this
    newsgroup is one of the best on Usenet. There are other dandies of course, but
    it's hard to *beat* a bunch of photogs.
    Afterall, *photogs* are in charge of smiles :)

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Steve Young

    John Navas Guest

    In <kslTa.67426$> on Wed, 23 Jul
    2003 01:23:28 GMT, "Steve Young" <> wrote:

    >If you're interested in keeping abreast of discussions which may ultimately
    >effect this newsgroup,

    They won't.

    >please read and feel welcome to comment in this
    >thread:

    Please don't. There's way too much noise here as it is, and the thread is
    off-topic and just plain silly. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > >"Steve Young" <> wrote:
    > >If you're interested in keeping abreast of discussions which may
    > >ultimately effect this newsgroup,

    Looking rather silly in his dunce cap, "John Navas" puffed:
    > They won't.

    > >please read and feel welcome to comment in this
    > >thread:

    > Please don't. There's way too much noise here as it is, and the thread is
    > off-topic and just plain silly.

    You're the noise John, course you know what Helge says about business of the
    newsgroup, or did you forget already? (clue: it's never off-topic).
    and oh, you still owe me a cite that would make it silly, wouldn't it !?

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Steve Young

    John Navas Guest

    In <DFmTa.67532$> on Wed, 23 Jul
    2003 02:45:55 GMT, "Steve Young" <> wrote:

    >[SNIP]

    Pretty pathetic. Oh well.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > >"Steve Young" <> wrote:

    > Adorned in a dunce cap <> puffed:

    >[SNIP]

    > Pretty pathetic. Oh well.

    Yes it is, though typical of the quality of your replies. Snip the quote, as
    you did here again, and throw your words in hopes there is no challenge. If
    there is challenge, just continue doing the same until everyone stops
    responding. Then, you're the winner with the last word. Verry sad :(

    So how bout the cite I've repeatedly ask you for?
    Msg-ID: B13Sa.61922$

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Steve Young

    Tomgo1 Guest

    Steve
    Do you ever give up?
    You constantly look for someone to argue with. The subject is of no
    consequence.
    I remember the wated of bandwidth wetween you and Todd last year.
    Why not give it a rest and the rest of us a break.
    Try to add something of value to the group instead of your usual crap
    Tomgo

    Tomgo1, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > >>[SNIP]

    > >> Adorned in a dunce cap "John Navas" puffed:
    > >> Pretty pathetic. Oh well.

    > > Steve Young wrote:
    > >Yes it is, though typical of the quality of your replies. Snip the
    > > quote, as you did here again, and throw your words in hopes there
    > > is no challenge. If there is challenge, just continue doing the same
    > > until everyone stops responding. Then you're the winner with the last
    > > word. Verry sad :(

    >While positioning his dunce cap, "John Navas" blabbered:
    > At least we agree on something. ;-)

    Cite John, where's your cite?
    Msg-ID: B13Sa.61922$

    Steve Young, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Tomgo1" <> wrote:
    > Steve
    > Do you ever give up?

    Nope!, not till the goal is reached

    > You constantly look for someone to argue with.

    Hmm, spose maybe you haven't been following the discussions Tomgo?

    > The subject is of no consequence.

    I'm surprised you don't see the advantage to Usenet, of having hardy, unified
    user groups, directed by the regulars of the channel. Kind of public hobbyist
    clubs, if you will. Look how newsgroups now become knotted up and practically
    useless for periods of time, driving away good contributors. Channels become
    over-run with spam, flaming and deviant behavior. Often because they haven't
    cultivated a culture of working together to solve the problems of the whole.
    We're lucky here, because the unique mix of participants has gelled a core group
    of content providers. Those providers help solve disruptions and calm the place
    as needed.

    The next thing we should consider, is a method to vote to ratify newsgroup
    policy and rules .

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Jul 24, 2003
  9. Steve Young

    Tomgo1 Guest

    Thank you Steve!
    You proved my point.
    Yes I have been following discussions.
    The problem is that you add nothing to them. you only serve to try to
    "diredt" things to your own convoluted way of thinking.
    Congratulations---PLONK---You made the kill file.
    That will help to solve the disruptions and waste of bandwith caused by
    you.
    Good day.
    Tomgo

    Tomgo1, Jul 24, 2003
  10. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Tomgo1" <> wrote:
    > Thank you Steve!
    > You proved my point.
    > Yes I have been following discussions.
    > The problem is that you add nothing to them. you only serve to try to
    > "diredt" things to your own convoluted way of thinking.
    > Congratulations---PLONK---You made the kill file. That will help
    > to solve the disruptions and waste of bandwith caused by you.
    > Good day.
    > Tomgo

    OH, you're one of the few elitist 'party liners'?

    I kinda guessed that by looking up / reading your posting history

    Good day Tomgo

    OBTW thanks for the PLONK :)

    Steve Young, Jul 24, 2003
  11. Steve Young

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <b6RTa.70540$>,
    says...
    > Cite John, where's your cite?
    > Msg-ID: B13Sa.61922$

    Steve,

    You do realize that when you post links to discussion threads like that,
    no one else can view them right?

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 24, 2003
  12. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Todd Walker" <> wrote
    > Steve,
    >
    > You do realize that when you post links to discussion threads like that,
    > no one else can view them right?

    I think I see what you mean Todd, since I've posted this message ID several
    times, a list comes up in google search and you can't tell which I'm referring
    to :( I think the solution is to go into 'groups', 'advanced search' and use
    it as the message ID. Then it brings up only the one I'm referring too

    thanks for the 'heads up'

    Steve Young, Jul 24, 2003
  13. Steve Young

    Bob O`Bob Guest

    Todd Walker wrote:

    > In article <b6RTa.70540$>,
    > says...
    > > Cite John, where's your cite?
    > > Msg-ID: B13Sa.61922$

    > Steve,
    >
    > You do realize that when you post links to discussion threads like that,
    > no one else can view them right?

    how to fish, part two:

    put "http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=" in front of the message-id,
    e.g., "B13Sa.61922$"

    giving <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=B13Sa.61922$>

    Bob O`Bob, Jul 24, 2003
  14. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    $

    > "Todd Walker" <> wrote
    >
    > "Message id or article number B13Sa.61922$0v4.4142319 not found.
    >
    > Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search."

    Have you had success yet Todd? Are you using the entire string and not just the
    front (before the @) as it seems in the above 'not found' message?
    Messages are randomly IDed by each service provider, so the service provider is
    integral to the identification. Try the whole thing if you haven't:
    B13Sa.61922$

    Steve Young, Jul 25, 2003
  15. Steve Young

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <OgbUa.72270$>,
    says...
    > Have you had success yet Todd? Are you using the entire string and not just the
    > front (before the @) as it seems in the above 'not found' message?
    > Messages are randomly IDed by each service provider, so the service provider is
    > integral to the identification. Try the whole thing if you haven't:
    > B13Sa.61922$

    That did it Steve. Thanks. I learnt sumpin today :)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 25, 2003
  16. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Todd Walker" <> wrote
    > That did it Steve. Thanks. I learnt sumpin today :)

    Good deal Todd, glad it works
    hardly a day goes bye that I don't learn something myself,
    often the hard way :(

    Steve Young, Jul 25, 2003
  17. Steve Young

    Abrasha Guest

    Steve Young wrote:

    > I'm surprised you don't see the advantage to Usenet, of having hardy, unified
    > user groups, directed by the regulars of the channel. Kind of public hobbyist
    > clubs, if you will. Look how newsgroups now become knotted up and practically
    > useless for periods of time, driving away good contributors. Channels become
    > over-run with spam, flaming and deviant behavior. Often because they haven't
    > cultivated a culture of working together to solve the problems of the whole.
    > We're lucky here, because the unique mix of participants has gelled a core group
    > of content providers. Those providers help solve disruptions and calm the place
    > as needed.
    >
    > The next thing we should consider, is a method to vote to ratify newsgroup
    > policy and rules .
    >
    > Steve Young

    Here is my (not realy, I read it some time ago and I am just passing it on)
    universal "Guide for posting to newsgroups".

    1. If you post and pretend to be a fool, people will believe that you are a
    fool.

    Corollary: If you then post and explain that you were only pretending, nobody
    will change their mind.

    2. The Net-Nature is very simple. Usenet is *not* dominated by the smartest
    people, the most interesting people, or the most learned people. It is
    dominated by the people who want to tell other people their opinions. To expect
    anything else is absurd.

    3. Similarly, the topics that dominate any given newsgroup are not the most
    interesting, the most helpful, or the most useful. They're the most acrimonious
    and the most dissent-laden. How else could things possibly turn out?

    4. A person who says, "Sorry, I had to point that out to you" is always telling
    two lies. Ditto for "Sorry, I couldn't pass this up." "I see your point
    but...." means the opposite.

    5. When a fool posts deliberate flamebait, he has no influence over whether
    he/she succeeds. You do.

    6. It is easy to patronize the author of the post in which you agree. It is
    equally as easy for the author to patronize you back. This can go on for weeks
    on end.

    Corollary: You will look clever to the people who already agree with you and
    like a fool to the rest of us.

    Second Corollary: If you post to a newsgroup to which you are new and a
    prominent personage patronizes you, that can also go on for weeks on end.

    7. If you feel you know something funny or clever or wise, you may decide to
    post it here. Please keep in mind, you are the 4,000th person to do so.

    8. If you hate something, there is a newsgroup where people are discussing it.
    Abortion, recovery, Republicans, eating meat, tattooing, worship, bondage,
    whatever. You will be tempted to appear on that newsgroup and point out to
    everyone the error of their ways. Please keep in mind that you are the 4,000th
    person to do so.

    9. If something is particularly funny, clever, or wise, then you will be the
    4,000th person *this month.*

    10. The exclamation point "!" is a sentence tag which denotes emphasis. The
    double exclamation point "!!" is a sentence tag which denotes the writer is a
    self-centered fool who think his/her concerns are more important than anyone
    else. The triple "!!!" is an exageration of the double. Four or more exclamation
    points indicate sexual inadequacy.

    11. You, personally, are a unique, exciting, vibrant, intelligent, wise, and
    self effacing individual with a great deal to contribute to the newsgroups you
    select on the Net. So is every other schmuck who posts. Get over it.

    12. The demise of this newsgroup and the Net is imminent--and always will
    be.......

    13. It's not a super-highway. It's not a fishnet. It's not a surfable ocean, a
    maze, a 3 dimensional space of lights, a city or a game. It's not a cocktail
    party an argument or a home. It *is*, what it *is*. You will never prove
    yourself "cool" or an "insider" by using the "hip" metaphors or slogans of your
    group to try to control or impress other people. This interlinked computer
    system of the world doesn't need names, judgments, explanations, or
    justification---it just *is*. The playing field is level and if you don't like
    it, you must not be used to equality.

    14. Internet gurus on a specific topic are a dime a dozen. It is the people who
    don't know much who are rare.

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Jul 28, 2003