ANNOUNCE: Syngress E-Book - Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by erg, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. erg

    erg Guest

    There is PDF of a very good Syngress book titled

    Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding
    Reverse Engineering Exploits And Tool Coding For Security Professionals

    uploaded as a torrent at http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3518264/

    I would highly recommend you to take a look at it, especially chapter 12
    about writing exploits for the Metasploit Framework.
    This part (about 50 pages) of the book is also available as a sample
    directly from Syngress at www.syngress.com/book_catalog/327_SSPC/sample.pdf
    but if you're interested in the topic, I suggest you get the whole e-book
    with almost 700 pages of very informative and in-depth content.

    Synopsis
    This book is logically divided into 5 main categories with each category
    representing a major skill set required by most security professionals:
    1. Coding: The ability to program and script is quickly becoming a
    mainstream requirement for just about everyone in the security industry.
    This section covers the basics incoding complemented with a slue of
    programming tips and tricks in C/C++, Java, Perl and NASL.
    2. Sockets: The technology that allows programs and scripts to communicate
    over a network is sockets. Even though the theory remains the same
    communication over TCP and UDP, sockets are implemented differently in
    nearly ever language.
    3. Shellcode: Shellcode, commonly defined as bytecode converted from
    Assembly, is utilized to execute commands on remote systems via direct
    memory access.
    4. Porting: Due to the differences between operating platforms and language
    implementations on those platforms, it is acommon practice to modify an
    original body of code to work on a different platforms. This technique is
    known as porting and is incredibly useful in real world environments since
    it allows you to not recreate the wheel.
    5. Coding Tools: The culmination of the previous four sections, coding tools
    brings all of the techniques that you have learned to the forefront. With
    the background technologies and techniques you will now be able to code
    quick utilities that will not only make you more productive, they will arm
    you with an extremely valuable skill that will remain with you as long as
    you make the proper time and effort dedications.

    Greetings from Switzerland

    erg

    erg, Sep 2, 2006

  2. erg