    (KLUG) is having a meeting next week.

    Date: Thursday, September 4th, 2003

    Time: 7:00pm-9:30pm

    Agenda (all items concurrent/simultaneous):

    - Talk about 'stuff'
    - messing about with Linux, trying things we haven't tried before
    - helping people with specific problems (bring your PC if you can)
    - show off cool stuff you think might be of interest
    - "linmodems" - getting that braindead Win-modem to 'just work'.
    - drink tea or coffee. BYO Biscuits/whatever.

    If you'd like to come, send me a note at:

    info at klug dot net d0t nz

    ....and I'll let you know here the meeting is going to be.

    Steve Withers
    steve, Aug 27, 2003

  2. steve wrote:
    > If anyone in the Kapiti area is interested, the Kapiti Linux User
    > Group (KLUG) is having a meeting next week.

    Geez.. you're taking a bit of a risk running a group like that in Kapiti.
    How do you know that Roger won't storm the place, shouting "Lunix! Lunix!"
    and crapping his adult diapers?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 28, 2003

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >>If anyone in the Kapiti area is interested, the Kapiti Linux User
    >> Group (KLUG) is having a meeting next week.

    > Geez.. you're taking a bit of a risk running a group like that in Kapiti.
    > How do you know that Roger won't storm the place, shouting "Lunix! Lunix!"
    > and crapping his adult diapers?

    The body-building SIG within KLUG can deal with any such threat. :)
    steve, Aug 28, 2003
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:47:45 +1200, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>If anyone in the Kapiti area is interested, the Kapiti Linux User Group
    >> (KLUG) is having a meeting next week.
    >>
    >>Date: Thursday, September 4th, 2003
    >>
    >>Time: 7:00pm-9:30pm
    >>
    >>Agenda (all items concurrent/simultaneous):
    >>
    >>- Talk about 'stuff'
    >>- messing about with Linux, trying things we haven't tried before
    >>- helping people with specific problems (bring your PC if you can)
    >>- show off cool stuff you think might be of interest
    >>- "linmodems" - getting that braindead Win-modem to 'just work'.
    >>- drink tea or coffee. BYO Biscuits/whatever.
    >>
    >>If you'd like to come, send me a note at:
    >>
    >>info at klug dot net d0t nz
    >>
    >>...and I'll let you know here the meeting is going to be.
    >>
    >>Steve Withers

    > Hi Steve, would this be Rogers Linux group, I only ask because the
    > name klug makes me think of Roger, and he lives in Kapiti :)

    Roger wouldn't want to some to a Linux meeting.

    He uses Windows.

    (How's that for a product endorsement?) :)
    steve, Aug 28, 2003
  5. steve

    Steven H Guest

    In article <2Xe3b.14366$>,
    says...

    > Roger wouldn't want to some to a Linux meeting.
    >
    > He uses Windows.
    >
    > (How's that for a product endorsement?) :)

    yes it shows that windows is soo user friendly that a dumb **** like
    wodger can use it.
    Steven H
    Steven H, Aug 28, 2003
  6. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:21:29 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    <> wrote:

    >steve wrote:
    >> If anyone in the Kapiti area is interested, the Kapiti Linux User
    >> Group (KLUG) is having a meeting next week.

    >Geez.. you're taking a bit of a risk running a group like that in Kapiti.
    >How do you know that Roger won't storm the place, shouting "Lunix! Lunix!"
    >and crapping his adult diapers?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Nicholas Sherlock

    Great what a idea, may be MS might even come and convert these sinners.

    Or may be a bill board advertising MS Windows outside the venue
    Robert Kramer, Aug 28, 2003
  7. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:47:10 +1200, steve <> wrote:

    >Bret wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:47:45 +1200, steve <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>If anyone in the Kapiti area is interested, the Kapiti Linux User Group
    >>> (KLUG) is having a meeting next week.
    >>>
    >>>Date: Thursday, September 4th, 2003
    >>>
    >>>Time: 7:00pm-9:30pm
    >>>
    >>>Agenda (all items concurrent/simultaneous):
    >>>
    >>>- Talk about 'stuff'
    >>>- messing about with Linux, trying things we haven't tried before
    >>>- helping people with specific problems (bring your PC if you can)
    >>>- show off cool stuff you think might be of interest
    >>>- "linmodems" - getting that braindead Win-modem to 'just work'.
    >>>- drink tea or coffee. BYO Biscuits/whatever.
    >>>
    >>>If you'd like to come, send me a note at:
    >>>
    >>>info at klug dot net d0t nz
    >>>
    >>>...and I'll let you know here the meeting is going to be.
    >>>
    >>>Steve Withers

    >> Hi Steve, would this be Rogers Linux group, I only ask because the
    >> name klug makes me think of Roger, and he lives in Kapiti :)

    >Roger wouldn't want to some to a Linux meeting.
    >
    >He uses Windows.
    >
    >(How's that for a product endorsement?) :)

    At least I am not a sinner like you lot..
    Robert Kramer, Aug 28, 2003
  8. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:41:28 +1200, Robert Kramer
    <> scribbled:

    >On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:47:10 +1200, steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>Bret wrote:

    >>> Hi Steve, would this be Rogers Linux group, I only ask because the
    >>> name klug makes me think of Roger, and he lives in Kapiti :)

    >>Roger wouldn't want to some to a Linux meeting.
    >>
    >>He uses Windows.
    >>
    >>(How's that for a product endorsement?) :)

    >At least I am not a sinner like you lot..

    Oh no! We have sinned cause we are using a free OS which can do more
    than an OS you have to pay for which is very vulnerable!

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Aug 28, 2003