ANNOUNCE: Auckland Linux Installfest on Saturday 3 Dec

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ant, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    This is to tell you about the Linux Installfest that the Aucklug is holding
    at the North Shore Events Centre starting at 9am on Saturday 3 Dec 2005.
    There are more details on http://installfest.linux.net.nz/aucklug05/
    But briefly:

    - if you bring a computer along we'll install Linux on it for you
    - if you have any Linux questions come along and we'll try to answer them
    - we'll have copies of the the latest distributions for you to take away and
    try in the privacy of your own home, if you want
    - if you just want to come and have a look at Linux and other Open Source
    Software running we should have lots of different computers for you to
    check out
    - if you've heard about Linux but don't quite know why you should try it -
    well, come and see - I think you'll be pretty impressed

    All of the above is - of course - free.

    If you want to pre-register to tell us what hardware you're bringing that
    would be helpful, but it's not essential.

    See you on Saturday!

    Ant, Nov 30, 2005