ANN: PC Activity Monitor Professional 7.4 released

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Raytown Corporation LLC, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Raytown Corporation LLC is pleased to represent you the new release of
    PC Activity Monitor Professional (PC Acme Professional) 7.4 that is
    designed for monitoring user's PC activity.

    As compared with other monitoring tools, PC Acme Professional give you
    such advantages as:

    1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program. The
    monitoring program works in the background, transparently for the
    user, on the level of OS kernel driver. PC Acme Professional works
    under Windows 2000/XP operating systems. PC Acme Professional supports
    client/server architecture and allows to monitor all PCs in the local
    network from a centralized control center. The program is totally
    invisible and undetectable for firewalls and other software.

    2. Multi-Language. PC Acme Professional supports UNICODE, i.e. it is
    able to record even the languages with hieroglyphic writing.

    3. Simplicity of use. All the data collected while monitoring are
    saved to the encrypted log file located on the user's machine. Each
    event has its own timestamp. Information from the log file after it
    has been correspondingly decoded and operated is entered in the data
    base (DB). Reports from the DB are converted to HTML format for more
    convenient viewing in browser. Program installation and configuring
    are made easily and quickly.

    PC Activity Monitor Professional is professional software that
    captures all users activity on the PC. It is a powerful management
    tool for users and companies, which want to increase their
    productivity and profitability.

    KEY FEATURES:
    - Interception of all languages (UNICODE support);
    - Window text capturing;
    - Keystroke capturing;
    - Clipboard capturing;
    - Capturing of text from Microsoft Office documents;
    - Internet monitoring (visited web-sites);
    - Recording of e-mails, instant messengers and chats;
    - Recording of system logon name/password.

    ADITIONAL FEATURES:
    - High transparency and invisibility in the system;
    - Smart-looking reports converted into HTML format;
    - Archiving of recorded data stored in the database;
    - Silent installation of the monitoring agent;
    - Client/server architecture;
    - Remote monitoring via a network;
    - Centralized data storage, processing and analyzing;
    - Secure transmission of log files.

    KNOW MORE:
    Homepage: http://www.pcacme.com
    Download: http://www.pcacme.com/downloads/pca_prof.zip
    Datasheet: http://www.pcacme.com/downloads/pcacme_datasheet.pdf
    Screenshot: http://www.pcacme.com/images/screenshots/pca_professional.gif
    Order page: https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=1426-69

    ABOUT RAYTOWN CORPORATION LLC:
    Raytown Corporation LLC (www.softsecurity.com) is an independent
    security software developing company. The main specialization is
    developing monitoring and anti-monitoring software with more than 10
    years of experience in information protection. Its products and custom
    solutions may be found in more than 80 countries all over the world
    including a large number of Fortune 500 companies, law enforcement,
    government and military agencies.

    CONTACT:
    Alexander Bulat, Manager
    Sales & Marketing Department of Raytown Corporation LLC
    E-mail:
    Website: http://www.anti-keylogger.com
    Toll-Free Phone: +1-877-ANTISPY

    Raytown Corporation LLC, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Raytown Corporation LLC

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 17 Mar 2005 06:55:21 -0800, (Raytown
    Corporation LLC) wrote:

    >1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    >experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program.

    oh yeah?

    hype hype hype
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 17, 2005

  3. On 17 Mar 2005, Raytown Corporation LLC wrote:

    > Raytown Corporation LLC is pleased to represent you the new release of
    > PC Activity Monitor Professional (PC Acme Professional) 7.4 that is
    > designed for monitoring user's PC activity.
    >
    > As compared with other monitoring tools, PC Acme Professional give you
    > such advantages as:
    >
    > 1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    > experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program. The
    > monitoring program works in the background, transparently for the
    > user, on the level of OS kernel driver. PC Acme Professional works
    > under Windows 2000/XP operating systems. PC Acme Professional supports
    > client/server architecture and allows to monitor all PCs in the local
    > network from a centralized control center. The program is totally
    > invisible and undetectable for firewalls and other software.

    That sounds an awfully lot like spyware to me.

    > 2. Multi-Language. PC Acme Professional supports UNICODE, i.e. it is
    > able to record even the languages with hieroglyphic writing.

    What Unicode block is that? I know that hieroglyphics have been proposed
    as an addition to Unicode but I wasn't aware that it had been approved and
    assigned absolute blocks yet.

    [snip]
    > CONTACT:
    > Alexander Bulat, Manager
    > Sales & Marketing Department of Raytown Corporation LLC
    > E-mail:
    > Website: http://www.anti-keylogger.com
    > Toll-Free Phone: +1-877-ANTISPY

    "anti-keylogger.com"? "ANTISPY"? ??? How would the use of an
    undetectable remote monitoring system (IE. spyware) combat keyloggers
    or spyware? Does it uninstall itself when it detects itself or something?

    --
    Norman De Forest http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/Profile.html
    [=||=] (A Speech Friendly Site)

    Norman L. DeForest, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Raytown Corporation LLC

    Roger Wilco Guest

    Re: PC Activity Monitor Professional 7.4 released

    "Raytown Corporation LLC" <> wrote in message
    [snip]

    Ah, but does it stop usenet spam?

    Roger Wilco, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Raytown Corporation LLC

    donnie Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:00:44 +0100, Jim Watt <_way>
    wrote:

    >On 17 Mar 2005 06:55:21 -0800, (Raytown
    >Corporation LLC) wrote:
    >
    >>1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    >>experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program.

    >oh yeah?
    >
    >hype hype hype

    #######################
    That thing has to be in the registry somewhere. I bet I could find
    it.
    donnie.

    donnie, Mar 17, 2005
  6. Raytown Corporation LLC

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:53:40 GMT, donnie <> wrote:

    >That thing has to be in the registry somewhere. I bet I could find
    >it.

    Yup.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 18, 2005
  7. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:10:52 -0500, Jim Watt <_way> wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:53:40 GMT, donnie <> wrote:
    >
    >> That thing has to be in the registry somewhere. I bet I could find
    >> it.

    > Yup.

    What if it just replaces kernel32.dll?

    As per my response to the copy multiposted to alt.comp.anti-virus, I'd be
    surprised if none of the below could find it.

    http://www.europe.f-secure.com/blacklight/
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/
    rootkitreveal.shtml
    http://greatis.com/unhackme/
    http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

    Regards, Dave Hodgins
    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to rogers.com to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specfically for

    David W. Hodgins, Mar 18, 2005
  8. Raytown Corporation LLC

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:15:50 -0500, "David W. Hodgins"
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:10:52 -0500, Jim Watt <_way> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:53:40 GMT, donnie <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> That thing has to be in the registry somewhere. I bet I could find
    >>> it.

    >> Yup.

    >What if it just replaces kernel32.dll?

    then that is no longer digitally signed by ms

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 18, 2005
  9. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:32:58 -0500, Jim Watt <_way> wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:15:50 -0500, "David W. Hodgins"
    > <> wrote:
    >> What if it just replaces kernel32.dll?

    > then that is no longer digitally signed by ms

    So? All it has to do is interecept attempts to read kernel32.dll, and redirect
    them to a stored copy of the original. As long as a root kit is running, it can
    hide itself from any higher level software.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    David W. Hodgins, Mar 18, 2005