ANN: PC Activity Monitor Professional 7.4 released

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Raytown Corporation LLC, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Raytown Corporation LLC is pleased to represent you the new release of
    PC Activity Monitor Professional (PC Acme Professional) 7.4 that is
    designed for monitoring user's PC activity.

    As compared with other monitoring tools, PC Acme Professional give you
    such advantages as:

    1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program. The
    monitoring program works in the background, transparently for the
    user, on the level of OS kernel driver. PC Acme Professional works
    under Windows 2000/XP operating systems. PC Acme Professional supports
    client/server architecture and allows to monitor all PCs in the local
    network from a centralized control center. The program is totally
    invisible and undetectable for firewalls and other software.

    2. Multi-Language. PC Acme Professional supports UNICODE, i.e. it is
    able to record even the languages with hieroglyphic writing.

    3. Simplicity of use. All the data collected while monitoring are
    saved to the encrypted log file located on the user's machine. Each
    event has its own timestamp. Information from the log file after it
    has been correspondingly decoded and operated is entered in the data
    base (DB). Reports from the DB are converted to HTML format for more
    convenient viewing in browser. Program installation and configuring
    are made easily and quickly.

    PC Activity Monitor Professional is professional software that
    captures all users activity on the PC. It is a powerful management
    tool for users and companies, which want to increase their
    productivity and profitability.

    KEY FEATURES:
    - Interception of all languages (UNICODE support);
    - Window text capturing;
    - Keystroke capturing;
    - Clipboard capturing;
    - Capturing of text from Microsoft Office documents;
    - Internet monitoring (visited web-sites);
    - Recording of e-mails, instant messengers and chats;
    - Recording of system logon name/password.

    ADITIONAL FEATURES:
    - High transparency and invisibility in the system;
    - Smart-looking reports converted into HTML format;
    - Archiving of recorded data stored in the database;
    - Silent installation of the monitoring agent;
    - Client/server architecture;
    - Remote monitoring via a network;
    - Centralized data storage, processing and analyzing;
    - Secure transmission of log files.

    KNOW MORE:
    Homepage: http://www.pcacme.com
    Download: http://www.pcacme.com/downloads/pca_prof.zip
    Datasheet: http://www.pcacme.com/downloads/pcacme_datasheet.pdf
    Screenshot: http://www.pcacme.com/images/screenshots/pca_professional.gif
    Order page: https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=1426-69

    ABOUT RAYTOWN CORPORATION LLC:
    Raytown Corporation LLC (www.softsecurity.com) is an independent
    security software developing company. The main specialization is
    developing monitoring and anti-monitoring software with more than 10
    years of experience in information protection. Its products and custom
    solutions may be found in more than 80 countries all over the world
    including a large number of Fortune 500 companies, law enforcement,
    government and military agencies.

    CONTACT:
    Alexander Bulat, Manager
    Sales & Marketing Department of Raytown Corporation LLC
    E-mail:
    Website: http://www.anti-keylogger.com
    Toll-Free Phone: +1-877-ANTISPY

    Raytown Corporation LLC, Mar 17, 2005

  2. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:51:04 -0500, Raytown Corporation LLC <> wrote:

    > Raytown Corporation LLC is pleased to represent you the new release of
    > PC Activity Monitor Professional (PC Acme Professional) 7.4 that is
    > designed for monitoring user's PC activity.
    > 1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    > experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program. The

    You picked a strange collection of newsgroups to announce the availability
    of a commercial version of what sounds like a rootkit/spyware combination.

    Interesting timing, given that some rootkit detection software has been
    disscussed fairly recently.

    http://www.europe.f-secure.com/blacklight/
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/rootkitreveal.shtml
    http://greatis.com/unhackme/
    http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

    Is Raytown claiming it's "Monitoring" software cannot be detected
    by a user, experienced enough to use the above detection software?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to rogers.com to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specfically for

    David W. Hodgins, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Raytown Corporation LLC

    Jim Nugent Guest

    <> wrote:

    > > Raytown Corporation LLC is pleased to represent you the new release of
    > > PC Activity Monitor Professional (PC Acme Professional) 7.4 that is
    > > designed for monitoring user's PC activity.
    > > 1. Security & Protection. It is completely hidden, and even an
    > > experienced user cannot locate, stop or destroy the program. The

    > You picked a strange collection of newsgroups to announce the availability
    > of a commercial version of what sounds like a rootkit/spyware combination.

    I left all the newsgroups up there rather than create a followup-to because
    of your comment...

    > Interesting timing, given that some rootkit detection software has been
    > disscussed fairly recently.
    >
    > http://www.europe.f-secure.com/blacklight/
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/rootkitreveal.shtml
    > http://greatis.com/unhackme/
    > http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html
    >
    > Is Raytown claiming it's "Monitoring" software cannot be detected
    > by a user, experienced enough to use the above detection software?

    From the OP:
    > "ADITIONAL FEATURES:
    > - High transparency and invisibility in the system"

    There is already some discomfort in the community over detection and removal
    of spying software by programs designed to do that vs. "legitimate uses" of
    spying software. I think the detectors are going to try to detect it, and
    there aren't many places to hide on an NT based system from someone who is
    extremely knowledgeable. I don't like this whole trend.

    Litigation (by the monitoring SW companies) can be useful if they don't mind
    throwing PR out the window. Just don't try it with Microsoft (MS AntiSpyware
    is coming/here).

    QUESTION for the group: Is there an equivalent of "tripwire" (for Unix)
    available for PCs?
    --
    Jim
    "Be right back... Godot"