    just banning images from a particular website).
    On IE, I could just hit 'stop' but that doesn't seem to work with Firefox.

    Thanks

    Makhno, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Makhno

    Guest

    On Mar 10, 1:31 pm, Makhno <r...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    > Is there anyway of getting Firefox to stop animated Gifs (rather than
    > just banning images from a particular website).
    > On IE, I could just hit 'stop' but that doesn't seem to work with Firefox.
    >
    > Thanks

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    image.animation_mode

    you have three settings. They are none, normal and once. So double
    click on it and change it.

    , Mar 10, 2007

  3. Makhno

    Makhno Guest

    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > image.animation_mode
    >
    > you have three settings. They are none, normal and once. So double
    > click on it and change it.

    Thanks. Is there any other GUI-related way? I don't want to stop all of
    them, just the ones that annoy me.

    Makhno, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Makhno

    Guest

    On Mar 10, 4:32 pm, Makhno <r...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    > > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    > > image.animation_mode

    > > you have three settings. They are none, normal and once. So double
    > > click on it and change it.

    > Thanks. Is there any other GUI-related way? I don't want to stop all of
    > them, just the ones that annoy me.

    in Firefox, no!

    , Mar 11, 2007
  5. On 2007-03-10, Makhno <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    > Is there anyway of getting Firefox to stop animated Gifs (rather than
    > just banning images from a particular website).
    > On IE, I could just hit 'stop' but that doesn't seem to work with Firefox.

    How 'bout this:

    Active Stop Button
    by Off JustOff

    Make Stop Button be never inactive (allowing, for example, stop gif
    animation by mouse click not only Esc key) and Stop All Tabs on right
    click.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2025/

    --

    John ()