    extras listed do not include deleted scenes either, so it looks like
    if the scenes have not been put back into the movie, the viewer is out
    of luck.
    BeStiff, May 17, 2004

  2. BeStiff

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:25:14 GMT, (BeStiff)
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the upcoming Special Edition of "Angel Heart" is
    >the uncut version or the original US theatrical version of the movie?
    >
    >The list of features for the DVD on Amazon does not mention if any of
    >the footage that had been cut out of the theatrical showing has been
    >restored or not. I had read that the British R2 version had a longer
    >running time and the some footage had been restored, (while at the
    >same time other footage had been trimmed!)
    >
    >I don't know why they would go to the trouble of re-releasing the
    >movie on DVD a second time and not make it a "director's cut". The
    >extras listed do not include deleted scenes either, so it looks like
    >if the scenes have not been put back into the movie, the viewer is out
    >of luck.

    Thank you for posting this, I was about to ask the exact same
    question. I would like to add, does anyone know how long the uncut
    version is? Half.com has a supposed unrated VHS version at a 123
    minutes. The most I can find is 113 minutes. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    --
    The Day PP was speechless, April 20, 2004.

    "This may actually be the strangest idea ever in abp. I think you got
    me, WC--I'm speechless. A guy in a female road runner suit... that's
    just not right."

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, May 17, 2004

  3. BeStiff

    mazinz Guest

    from what i remember with the older vhs tape from years ago, it was only mere
    seconds of difference between the two (the sex scene was one)
    mazinz, May 18, 2004
  4. There is a review of it up at the Home Theater Forum
    (www.hometheaterforum.com)
    and further down in the thread the reviewer confirms that it is uncut.

    Brandon Fisher, May 18, 2004
  5. BeStiff

    WMaynard Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:25:14 GMT, (BeStiff) wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the upcoming Special Edition of "Angel Heart" is
    >the uncut version or the original US theatrical version of the movie?
    >
    >The list of features for the DVD on Amazon does not mention if any of
    >the footage that had been cut out of the theatrical showing has been
    >restored or not. I had read that the British R2 version had a longer
    >running time and the some footage had been restored, (while at the
    >same time other footage had been trimmed!)
    >
    >I don't know why they would go to the trouble of re-releasing the
    >movie on DVD a second time and not make it a "director's cut". The
    >extras listed do not include deleted scenes either, so it looks like
    >if the scenes have not been put back into the movie, the viewer is out
    >of luck.

    Sometimes life hands us these tragedies.

    Claire D. Lune
    WMaynard, May 18, 2004