    I think the standard keyboard needs to be revamped such as replacing the
    keys @ with [ key also moving the + = key to where the ] currently is.

    Anyone from ,Microsoft out there listening.

    not hereplease@not here.com, Jan 31, 2004

  2. In article <2CQSb.14566$>,
    says...
    > Both the above keys require the use of the arrow key.

    That's the shift key, not the arrow key.

    > This I find to be a nuisance as being a one fingered typist I have to
    > operate the arrow key with @ or + which I find an annoyance

    How do you manage with capital letters, or any other character that
    requires shift?

    > Is there a programme that will allow me to operate the ' key to obtain @ by
    > reversing the keys.
    >
    > I think the standard keyboard needs to be revamped such as replacing the
    > keys @ with [ key also moving the + = key to where the ] currently is.

    No, it doesn't.

    > Anyone from ,Microsoft out there listening.

    What has Microsoft got to do with this?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 31, 2004

  3. not hereplease@not here.com

    Gazwad Guest

    You dumb ****.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
    Moderator: alt.warez.uk

    Gazwad, Jan 31, 2004
  4. not hereplease@not here.com

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    He/she is probably one of those people that use the Caps Lock key.

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 31, 2004
  5. not hereplease@not here.com

    Abbyss Guest

    Nope!
    It's CTRL + ALT or just ALT-GR

    Regards
    Abbyss

    Abbyss, Jan 31, 2004
  6. not hereplease@not here.com

    Abbyss Guest

    Hi!
    Are you sure you are using the right keyboard setup, and not an foreigner
    setup...?

    Regards
    Abbyss

    Abbyss, Jan 31, 2004
  7. not hereplease@not here.com

    DC Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote in <>:
    > In article <2CQSb.14566$>,
    > says...

    [...]

    >> Anyone from ,Microsoft out there listening.

    > What has Microsoft got to do with this?

    Since when do they listen, anyway?

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Jan 31, 2004
  8. not hereplease@not here.com

    Gazwad Guest

    Abbyss wrote:
    || Hi!
    || Are you sure you are using the right keyboard setup, and not an
    || foreigner setup...?

    Stupid, top-posting twat.

    Gazwad, Jan 31, 2004
  9. not hereplease@not here.com

    Abbyss Guest

    **** YOU!

    Abbyss, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Abbyss wrote:
    || **** YOU!

    LOL

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jan 31, 2004
  11. not hereplease@not here.com

    SLP Guest

    "ErmYouKnow" <> wrote in message
    > He/she is probably one of those people that use the Caps Lock key.
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <2CQSb.14566$>,
    > > says...
    > > > Both the above keys require the use of the arrow key.

    > > That's the shift key, not the arrow key.
    > >

    > > > This I find to be a nuisance as being a one fingered typist I have to
    > > > operate the arrow key with @ or + which I find an annoyance

    I don't think you should be making fun of people who only have one finger.

    SLP

    SLP, Jan 31, 2004
  12. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:20:48 -0000, "not hereplease@not here.com"
    <> wrote:

    >Both the above keys require the use of the arrow key.
    >
    >This I find to be a nuisance as being a one fingered typist I have to
    >operate the arrow key with @ or + which I find an annoyance
    >
    >Is there a programme that will allow me to operate the ' key to obtain @ by
    >reversing the keys.

    Do a google search for "remap keyboard" - that throws up quite a bit.
    For example, there is such a program, called KeyTweak" here:-

    http://tinyurl.com/33cf3

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com

    Pauline Johnson, Jan 31, 2004
  13. not hereplease@not here.com

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    not hereplease@not here.com wrote:
    > Both the above keys require the use of the arrow key.
    >
    > This I find to be a nuisance as being a one fingered typist I have to
    > operate the arrow key with @ or + which I find an annoyance
    >
    > Is there a programme that will allow me to operate the ' key to obtain @ by
    > reversing the keys.
    >
    > I think the standard keyboard needs to be revamped such as replacing the
    > keys @ with [ key also moving the + = key to where the ] currently is.
    >
    > Anyone from ,Microsoft out there listening.

    It wouldn't matter whether anyone from Microsoft was "listening" - the
    keyboard layout has nothing to do with them.

    I assume when you say arrow key, you mean the shift key? The arrow
    keys are the set of four keys in between the normal keys and the numeric
    keypad, and they most certainly do not need to be pressed in conjunction
    with any other key to get a particular character.

    You could look around for a keyboard remapping program, but quite
    frankly, I would just learn to live with it or work to improve your
    typing skills.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus