    Semi-fresh off the wire--

    Man Found In Apartment 20 Years After His Death

    Associated Press
    Thursday, June 10, 2004

    -------

    TOKYO -- The decomposed body of a man dressed in pajamas was discovered
    in an abandoned Tokyo apartment building 20 years after he is believed to
    have died, police said.

    A Tokyo Metropolitan Police official said construction workers were
    preparing to tear down the building earlier this month when they found
    the man's skeletal remains laying face-up on a mattress on the tatami
    reed mat floor of a second-floor room.

    The morning edition of a newspaper dated Feb. 20, 1984, was on a table
    nearby and a calendar, opened to the same month, hung on the wall, said
    the official, who refused to be identified.

    The official would not say how the man died. Newspaper reports quoted
    police as saying that there were no signs of struggle, which led
    investigators to believe he died of an illness.

    The man, identified only as former worker of the company that built the
    apartments, was in his mid-50s when he divorced his wife, left home and
    moved into the building in the early 1980s, the official said.

    Police believe the man had been unable to repay bank loans and had
    stopped showing up for work, according to the newspaper reports.

    But nobody noticed his death because the real estate agency managing the
    property went out of business after the building was completed in 1973
    without ever having found renters, he said. The building had been
    unoccupied since it was completed.

    The man's remains have been returned to his ex-wife, the official said.

    Sandworm, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Sandworm

    JaR Guest

    Sandworm wrote:
    > But nobody noticed his death because the real estate agency managing the
    > property went out of business after the building was completed in 1973
    > without ever having found renters, he said. The building had been
    > unoccupied since it was completed.

    Just as astounding...in a city as crowded as Tokyo, an apartment buiding
    sits unoccupied for THIRTY years?

    WTF?

    JaR
    Disbelieving Thug

    JaR, Jun 29, 2004

  3. >TOKYO -- The decomposed body of a man dressed in pajamas was discovered
    >in an abandoned Tokyo apartment building 20 years after he is believed to
    >have died, police said.

    Maybe he died while 'still' waiting for the American invasion of the
    home islands to begin?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in

    > Man Found In Apartment 20 Years After His Death

    reported by AP. either an amazing hoax or...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > Sandworm <> wrote in
    >
    >> Man Found In Apartment 20 Years After His Death

    > reported by AP. either an amazing hoax or...

    I would have thought it was a hoax myself, but it was
    off the SF Chronicle's web site under their weird news.

    Now there's another one I heard on the radio yesterday
    that I think is a hoax out of china where they said
    a woman who went swimming had a frog's egg get into her...
    er, private area and it went through it's tadpole stage
    inside her and came out a fully formed frog, now that one
    is fake! But then this would explain all those 6 billion
    chinese!

    Sandworm, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Sandworm

    Neil Guest