  1. .... sorry I didn't specify the test which the previous question is related
    to: is 271?

    Whats the difference betwee 271 and 272 ?
    Wolfgang from Austria (Europe), Mar 14, 2006

  2. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    VeenaV Guest

    Hiya,
    I've just done both the courses mentioned below. They are both aboth the XP
    environment, but one has more printer, oulook and internet issues, whereas
    271 focuses on supporting the user in the XP environment - covering pretty
    much everything (touching on printers/internet)

    The exams are 50 multi-choice questions, but I do not know how long these
    will take.

    I hope this is of some use,

    Regards,

    Vee

    VeenaV, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Hi Wolfgang.
    Exam 271 covers troubleshooting the Windows XP desktop operation system.
    Exam 272 covers troubleshooting the applications that run on top of the
    desktop. With both exams, we designed the certification to cover desktops
    that are in a corporate environment as well as for the home user.

    You need to know about the Windows Server domain impact on the desktop
    (group policy and how it impacts the local desktop; what the user
    experiences) for that corporate environment, but you also need to know about
    the home user that operates in a workgroup envirnment and may use fast user
    switching as opposed to the traditional Ctl-Alt-Del username and password to
    log on. You also need to know (by end user description) simple things like
    whether the Control Panel is in the traditional or new view, and more
    complex things like how the web browser is may be impacted inside of a
    corporation as opposed to configured for home use, how security settings on
    files can be set, etc.

    Most of the specifics are covered in the exam guides on our public web site,
    but I may not have done a good job describing what the objectives for each
    exam and each environment are.
    HTHs,

    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MSFT], Mar 14, 2006
  4. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    VeenaV Guest

    Are there any test exams available for both these 271 abd 272 courses?

    VeenaV, Mar 14, 2006
  5. In the courses there are questions, but not a full-blown practice exams.
    However, if you go to www.microsoft.com/learning and look up each of these
    exams, there is a link to the two practice test vendors we work with.

    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MSFT], Mar 14, 2006
  6. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?V29sZmdhbmcgZnJvbSBBdXN0cmlhIChFdXJvcGUp?=
    <> wrote in

    > ... sorry I didn't specify the test which the previous question is
    > related to: is 271?
    >
    > Whats the difference betwee 271 and 272 ?

    If you're asking these questions, then you need to go to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst and find out.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 15, 2006
  7. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    Lasher Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:e6RVM9$RGHA.5108
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > <shaking head> And they're the future of IT?!

    Apparently to Mark, everything is the future of IT.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 15, 2006
  8. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    Lasher Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:uCrE3wDSGHA.5468
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > **Lasher's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    >> "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:e6RVM9$RGHA.5108
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> <shaking head> And they're the future of IT?!

    >> Apparently to Mark, everything is the future of IT.
    >>

    > Well, we need to sit down and have a "talk" with Mark then.
    >

    > You want the switch? ... Or tha router?

    Router please.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 15, 2006
  9. Microsoft also has free assesments (not practice tests but still pretty
    good) located at http://assessment.learning.microsoft.com/test/home.asp
    (Passport Account required)

    Or if you want SelfTest Software and MeasureUP are both pretty good. I have
    a discount code for MeasureUP if you want one. Otherwise SelfTest is a great
    solution as well.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 16, 2006
  10. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    Lasher Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:O6H6yJgSGHA.2300
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > << While I was at work, Lasher spurted out:
    >> "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:uCrE3wDSGHA.5468
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> **Lasher's** the one who fcukin said it
    >>> <<-------------------------------->>

    >>> Well, we need to sit down and have a "talk" with Mark then.
    >>>

    >>> You want the switch? ... Or tha router?
    >>>

    >> Router please.
    >>

    > Damb...why do *I* always get stuck with the switch?

    Because my grandmother put the fear of God into me with switches.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 18, 2006
  11. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    Lasher Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:#I6sW6kSGHA.1572
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > **Lasher's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    >> "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:O6H6yJgSGHA.2300
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> << While I was at work, Lasher spurted out:
    >>> <<------------------------------------------>>

    >>> Damb...why do *I* always get stuck with the switch?
    >>>

    >> Because my grandmother put the fear of God into me with switches.
    >>

    > lol...my grandmother did the same thing....I think hers was called a
    > switchblade though

    You got any french fried taters in there?

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 18, 2006
  12. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    Lasher Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:#I6sW6kSGHA.1572
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > **Lasher's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    >> "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:O6H6yJgSGHA.2300
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> << While I was at work, Lasher spurted out:
    >>> <<------------------------------------------>>

    >>> Damb...why do *I* always get stuck with the switch?
    >>>

    >> Because my grandmother put the fear of God into me with switches.
    >>

    > lol...my grandmother did the same thing....I think hers was called a
    > switchblade though

    Oh wait, that's a slingblade.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 18, 2006
  13. Wolfgang from Austria (Europe)

    MitchS Guest

    > On Mar 16, 2006 at 10:33am "The Rev [MCT]" blathered:
    >
    >> I have a discount code for MeasureUP if you want one.

    > Thanks, but I just download mine off KaZaA.

    Watch out for your cornhole port there bud.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Mar 21, 2006

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    > hammer....scalpel.....chain saw......used condom (I was wondering where
    > that disappear to, still got one good use) ... key to LRMs chastity belt
    > (won't she be happy)

    Is that an inventory or a list of unfulfilled dreams?

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Mar 21, 2006
  15. << While I was at work, MitchS spurted out:
    > "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >
    >> hammer....scalpel.....chain saw......used condom (I was wondering
    >> where that disappear to, still got one good use) ... key to LRMs
    >> chastity belt (won't she be happy)

    > Is that an inventory or a list of unfulfilled dreams?

    Definitely a list of unfulfilled dreams...uh, huh, definitely.
    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Mar 22, 2006