    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    > I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
    > Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
    > centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200. A little
    > steep for most, but without a doubt within the reach of the mainstream.
    >
    > I'd like to add that this store is located in Hazleton, Pa. Not really
    > an ideal test market area, nor is it a hotspot for HT enthusiasts. Simply
    > put, WS TVs seem to have hit the big time. :)
    >
    > --
    > Aaron J. Bossig
    >
    > http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    > http://www.daily-reviews.com

    About time. They've been selling big screen HDTVs for a while now, but
    I don't consider 4:3 to be true HD, even though it's allowed under the
    spec. All along HD was intended to be widescreen and have about 1000
    horizontal lines of resolution, anything else doesn't really mesh with
    the HD video that's been written and theorized about for decades.

    --
    "It is dark, you are likely to be eaten by a grue."
    --Zork

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Aaron J. Bossig

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Aaron J. Bossig, says...
    > I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
    > Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
    > centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200.

    What size?

    Mark Spatny, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Aaron J. Bossig

    Geo H Guest

    Mark Spatny <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Aaron J. Bossig, says...
    > > I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
    > > Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
    > > centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200.

    > What size?

    Thats what I want to know....
    There's a big difference between a 42" for $1200 and a 65" for the
    same money - If I can get a 60+" for that kind of money, I got no
    problem taking a ride out to PA - hell forget that, Ill have them
    deliver it for what I'd save.

    Geo H, Jun 30, 2003
  5. (Geo H) writes:

    >Mark Spatny <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> Aaron J. Bossig, says...
    >> > I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
    >> > Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
    >> > centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200.

    >> What size?

    >Thats what I want to know....
    >There's a big difference between a 42" for $1200 and a 65" for the
    >same money - If I can get a 60+" for that kind of money, I got no
    >problem taking a ride out to PA - hell forget that, Ill have them
    >deliver it for what I'd save.

    Would you really trust a 65" HDTV that was only $1200?

    --
    See the documented lies of Pastor Frank: http://tinyurl.com/6009
    Saddam's name coded in a famous and old book: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4

    Keenan Clay Wilkie, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Aaron J. Bossig

    Geo H Guest

    (Keenan Clay Wilkie) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Geo H) writes:
    >
    > >Mark Spatny <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> Aaron J. Bossig, says...
    > >>
    > >> What size?

    > >Thats what I want to know....
    > >There's a big difference between a 42" for $1200 and a 65" for the
    > >same money - If I can get a 60+" for that kind of money, I got no
    > >problem taking a ride out to PA - hell forget that, Ill have them
    > >deliver it for what I'd save.

    > Would you really trust a 65" HDTV that was only $1200?

    From Sharp or RCA, probably not - From Mitsubishi, Zenith or Pioneer,
    thats another story....ah hell, You had to go and piss in my cheerios,
    didnt you.

    Geo H, Jul 1, 2003