    roy Guest

    When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

    Roy
    roy, Oct 17, 2003

  2. roy

    Eric R. Guest

    "roy" <> wrote in message

    > When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

    Yeah, it seems like David Lynch material comes out on DVD at a
    excruciatingly SLOOWWWWWWW rate. Jeez Artisan, let's get with the
    program!

    -Eric
    Eric R., Oct 17, 2003

  3. roy

    jayembee Guest

    "roy" <> wrote:

    > When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

    No one knows. Speculation is that the acquisition of Spelling
    Entertainment by Viacom has put it into limbo for now.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 17, 2003
  4. >> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

    >No one knows. Speculation is that the acquisition of Spelling
    >Entertainment by Viacom has put it into limbo for now.

    Do they still own the rights?

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker
    Sydney Assbasket, Oct 17, 2003
  5. roy

    unclejr Guest

    "roy" <> wrote in message...
    > When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?
    >
    > Roy

    Not for a VERY long time...

    I believe that Artisan lost the rights to the series, and now
    Paramount owns them. My guess is that the market of buyers for Twin
    Peaks isn't large enough for Paramount to bother with producing a
    Season 2 DVD set. If they do, I'm afraid that it won't be nearly the
    same quality that the Season 1 DVD set is.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Oct 17, 2003
  6. unclejr wrote:

    > I believe that Artisan lost the rights to the series, and now
    > Paramount owns them. My guess is that the market of buyers for Twin
    > Peaks isn't large enough for Paramount to bother with producing a
    > Season 2 DVD set. If they do, I'm afraid that it won't be nearly the
    > same quality that the Season 1 DVD set is.

    Glad I kept my laserdisc boxed sets, maybe time to finally
    seasons 2 and on to dvd-r.

    Darrel :)
    Darrel Christenson, Oct 17, 2003
  7. roy

    Murder Guest

    (unclejr) wrote in news:139de3b3.0310171301.6a1580a9
    @posting.google.com:

    > "roy" <> wrote in message...
    >> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?
    >>
    >> Roy

    > Not for a VERY long time...
    >
    > I believe that Artisan lost the rights to the series, and now
    > Paramount owns them. My guess is that the market of buyers for Twin
    > Peaks isn't large enough for Paramount to bother with producing a
    > Season 2 DVD set. If they do, I'm afraid that it won't be nearly the
    > same quality that the Season 1 DVD set is.

    Shit! I love season 2. Maybe I'll just sell my season 1 set.

    Murder, Oct 17, 2003
  8. roy

    Pygmy Guest

    Pygmy, Oct 18, 2003
  9. roy

    jayembee Guest

    oc (Sydney Assbasket ) wrote:

    >>> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

    >> No one knows. Speculation is that the acquisition of Spelling
    >> Entertainment by Viacom has put it into limbo for now.

    > Do they still own the rights?

    I don't know. Generally speaking, existing contracts don't
    just disappear into the aether when one party gets acquired
    by another company. Without knowing what the details were
    of Artisan's deal with Spelling, it's impossible to say with
    any certainty whether any or all of it was invalidated by
    Viacom's acquisition of Spelling.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 18, 2003