...and plastic sleeves

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robin Corn, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Robin Corn

    Robin Corn Guest

    I'm looking for those sleeves like the ones which the Technet and MSDN
    subscription CDs come in --sort of a plastic black or white bubble sleeve
    with a clear front. I've after around 400 -- maybe a Technet or MSDN
    subscriber could sell me theirs :) otherwise I'd like to track down a
    distributor of something similar.
    -Robin Corn, Godzone Virtual Flight, the magazine of NZ scenery for
    FS2002/04
    www.windowlight.co.nz/godzone

    "BTMO" <> wrote in message
    > Can any recommend a good, cheap, reliable source of CD jewel cases and
    > cardboard CD Mailers?
    >
    > We have recently set up a small business replicating data CDs for
    > corporates, and I am looking for a better source of the above items.
    >
    > Jewel cases should need no elaboration, but you may not have seen the
    > mailers. They are cardboard and when folded, protect a single CD in the
    > post. You can get them in post shops for about $2.50 each.
    >
    > To make it profitable for us to use these things, I need to find them at
    > about 80 cents each (yes, profit margins are that tight!)
    >
    > I have found them at about $1.00 - $1.25 each (in quanities WAY above

    what
    > I want to buy at once), but obviously, this doesn't meet my criteria.
    >
    > I currently get my jewel cases for about 70 cents each, and if I can

    improve

    Robin Corn, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Robin Corn

    BTMO Guest

    "Robin Corn" <> wrote

    > I'm looking for those sleeves like the ones which the Technet and MSDN
    > subscription CDs come in --sort of a plastic black or white bubble sleeve
    > with a clear front. I've after around 400 -- maybe a Technet or MSDN
    > subscriber could sell me theirs :) otherwise I'd like to track down a
    > distributor of something similar.
    > -Robin Corn, Godzone Virtual Flight, the magazine of NZ scenery for
    > FS2002/04
    > www.windowlight.co.nz/godzone

    Have you considered the paper ones? They are widely available.

    BTW - I have found a source of cardboard mailers - Port Nicholson in Petone.
    Don't know what they are like, but the price is good!

    Oh, do you need someone to make your CDs for you?

    ;-)

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Robin Corn

    Robin Corn Guest

    > Have you considered the paper ones? They are widely available.
    >
    > BTW - I have found a source of cardboard mailers - Port Nicholson in

    Petone.
    > Don't know what they are like, but the price is good!
    >
    > Oh, do you need someone to make your CDs for you?

    The plastic sleeves have a tab which I can staple into the cover. On the
    other hand, maybe they don't need to be stapled...
    At the moment I'm coping with making my own CDs, but in the unlikely event
    that I can't keep up with the demand I'll let you know.:)
    Robin Corn, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Robin Corn

    BTMO Guest

    "Robin Corn" <> wrote

    > > BTW - I have found a source of cardboard mailers - Port Nicholson in

    > Petone.
    > > Don't know what they are like, but the price is good!
    > >
    > > Oh, do you need someone to make your CDs for you?
    > >

    > The plastic sleeves have a tab which I can staple into the cover. On the
    > other hand, maybe they don't need to be stapled...
    > At the moment I'm coping with making my own CDs, but in the unlikely event
    > that I can't keep up with the demand I'll let you know.:)

    No worries!

    :)

    BTW - I have received some sample CD mailers from Port Nicholson Packaging
    (pretty good customer service, I asked for them yesterday).

    They are *very* nice, and exactly what I wanted, and at < 60 cents each,
    outstanding value.

    Now all I need is a reliable and cheaper source of jewel cases...

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Sep 2, 2003