    ----------------------------
    Law 42 on computing: Anything that could go wron@~ ¬
    $: Access Violation -- Core dumped
    ßødincµs²°°°, May 30, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    ßødincµs²°°° <> wrote:
    >Last message was about ATAs (FXS), now I'm fiddling with the other
    >side, PSTN incoming lines.
    >Apart from the most expensive high-end devices, are there some RELIABLE
    >business grade FXO devices to put 3 PSTN lines into an * server? Some
    >you have had a hands-on experience and you can bet your reputation on.
    >Stand alone devices preferred, not too keen to let a customer opening a
    >PC to replace a FXO card, swapping a box is way easier.

    Charge them a maintenance contract and go on-site then :)

    I'd go for a PCI card anyday, but, I've had mixed results with Digium
    cards - the the extent that I'm not buying any more TDM400's off them. The
    next ones are going to be Sangoma based.

    The biggest issue is echo cho ho ho ho o o o . . . . ....

    And I've spent literally days trying to sort out various sites with TDM400
    cards. Even tried their licensed HPEC software which has helped, but it's
    not perfect. (And that can't be used in a closed system with no Internet
    connectivity )-:

    But if you want an external box, Grandstream do one, but I don't
    think it currently gets good write-ups -

    http://www.grandstream.com/gxw410x.html

    You might want to search the asterisk-user archives for posts about it.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, May 30, 2007

  3. ßødincµs²°°°

    Paul Hayes Guest

    ßødincµs²°°° wrote:
    > Last message was about ATAs (FXS), now I'm fiddling with the other
    > side, PSTN incoming lines.
    > Apart from the most expensive high-end devices, are there some RELIABLE
    > business grade FXO devices to put 3 PSTN lines into an * server? Some
    > you have had a hands-on experience and you can bet your reputation on.
    > Stand alone devices preferred, not too keen to let a customer opening a
    > PC to replace a FXO card, swapping a box is way easier.
    >
    > Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

    Audiocodes make proper quality stuff which works well but it's not cheap.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul Hayes, May 31, 2007
  4. ßødincµs²°°°

    News Reader Guest

    "ßødincµs²°°°" <> wrote in message
    > Last message was about ATAs (FXS), now I'm fiddling with the other
    > side, PSTN incoming lines.
    > Apart from the most expensive high-end devices, are there some RELIABLE
    > business grade FXO devices to put 3 PSTN lines into an * server? Some
    > you have had a hands-on experience and you can bet your reputation on.
    > Stand alone devices preferred, not too keen to let a customer opening a
    > PC to replace a FXO card, swapping a box is way easier.
    >
    > Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.
    >
    > --
    > ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    > ----------------------------
    > Law 42 on computing: Anything that could go wron@~ ¬
    > $: Access Violation -- Core dumped

    Hi,

    Not certain by any means about this, but I would have thought the likes of
    Handytone / stream (whichever it is) would be pretty competent and good
    (that seemed to be the general verdict of people).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s Their is always Cisco equipment - again... not cheap (I would imagine).
    News Reader, Jun 2, 2007