    back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning and
    now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from PSTN -
    aaggghhhh!!!
    Roger, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Roger

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
    > and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
    > PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

    Working fine here.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Roger

    Roger Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >> back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
    >> and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
    >> PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

    > Working fine here.
    >
    > Ivor

    its been up and down a couple of times - defintiely their end as BT or
    One2One cant connect to my sipgate voicemail
    Roger, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Roger

    r_mervart Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > > back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
    > > and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
    > > PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

    > Working fine here.
    >
    > Ivor

    I am not yet using VoIP yet (but contemplating it) . From reading the
    postings in this group it seems to me that you are about the only one not
    having problems with sipgate service. What do you do differently -:)
    Roman
    r_mervart, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Roger

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >>> back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
    >>> and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
    >>> PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

    >> Working fine here.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > its been up and down a couple of times - defintiely their end as BT or
    > One2One cant connect to my sipgate voicemail

    Are Sipgate to Sipgate calls ok..? If so that would indicate it might be a
    gateway problem at Magrathea or somewhere..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Roger

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "r_mervart" <> wrote in message

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >> > back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this
    >> > morning
    >> > and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
    >> > PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

    >> Working fine here.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > I am not yet using VoIP yet (but contemplating it) . From reading the
    > postings in this group it seems to me that you are about the only one
    > not
    > having problems with sipgate service. What do you do differently -:)
    > Roman

    Oh I have problems, but not as many as some seem to have..! I just don't
    blast the company every chance I get. They are doing their best.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Roger

    r_mervart Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Working fine here.
    > >>
    > >> Ivor
    > >>

    > > I am not yet using VoIP yet (but contemplating it) . From reading the
    > > postings in this group it seems to me that you are about the only one
    > > not
    > > having problems with sipgate service. What do you do differently -:)
    > > Roman

    > Oh I have problems, but not as many as some seem to have..! I just don't
    > blast the company every chance I get. They are doing their best.

    .... so would you agree with the statement that they are worth trying for
    private
    use but not yet for a small business where not getting through would mean
    loss of a potential customer?
    Roman
    r_mervart, Jul 5, 2005
  8. On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:15:03 GMT, "r_mervart"
    <> wrote:

    >. so would you agree with the statement that they are worth trying for
    >private
    >use

    the only reason to try them is if you want a free incoming geographic
    number. If you are prepared to pay for that, or don't mind a
    non-geographic one, then there are plenty to choose from.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  9. Roger

    Linus Surguy Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >Are Sipgate to Sipgate calls ok..? If so that would indicate it might be a
    >gateway problem at Magrathea or somewhere..?

    No issues present on our network today I'm afraid!

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!
    Linus Surguy, Jul 5, 2005
  10. Roger

    Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:55:20 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >>Are Sipgate to Sipgate calls ok..? If so that would indicate it might be a
    >>gateway problem at Magrathea or somewhere..?

    >No issues present on our network today I'm afraid!

    I wonder why everything keeps pointing back to Sipgate management and
    its operation of the service why is the voicemail still in the same
    state has it was when it first went live months ago and why don't they
    take the decent step of sending each customer an email explaining just
    what is going on and what steps they are taking to resolve the issues
    prevailing . I am sure if they did this most customers would be a lot
    happier with them but they just remain silent and treat customers like
    they don't matter which only helps to breed discontentment amongst
    its customers .
    , Jul 5, 2005
  11. Roger

    Dave Gill Guest

    r_mervart <> wrote:

    > ... so would you agree with the statement that they are worth trying for
    > private
    > use but not yet for a small business where not getting through would mean
    > loss of a potential customer?

    If you want VoIP for a small business, and you don't mind paying a few
    quid in "line rental", you're better off going to someone like Gradwell
    who have a service that specifically targets that market.

    Dave Gill, Jul 5, 2005