And Divx ,AVI, Mpeg 4 Full format DVD Players sold here..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XP, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. XP

    XP Guest

    Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    not even the Philips DVP642..
     
    XP, Nov 4, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. XP

    bradc78 Guest

    bradc78, Nov 4, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. XP

    ChrisB Guest

    ChrisB, Nov 4, 2005
    #3
  4. XP

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:09:39 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    >> not even the Philips DVP642..
    >>
    >>

    >I've been looking at getting one myself. Try these:
    >
    >http://www.applianceshopper.co.nz/product.aspx?productid=78262


    That is just a Plane DVD player at a High Price


    >
    >http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/pr...de=DVPNC62K&level1code=L1ENT&level2code=L2DVD



    Another way over priced model with No Divx


    >Further info as to compatibility can be found here:
    >
    >http://www.divx.com/corporate/solutions/certification/products.php




    The Philips DVP642. sells for some $60us and does PAL.
     
    XP, Nov 4, 2005
    #4
  5. XP

    BTMO Guest

    "XP" <> wrote

    >
    > The Philips DVP642. sells for some $60us and does PAL.
    >


    Then it would seem you have your own answer. Get your credit card out, and
    do some surfing...

    It is actually quicker (and cheaper in many cases!) to just import things
    like this directly than try to dick about and try to find them in NZ.
     
    BTMO, Nov 4, 2005
    #5
  6. On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:57:27 +1300, XP <> wrote:

    >That is just a Plane DVD player at a High Price


    So it can fly then?
     
    Hgaoid Horeoigyaor, Nov 4, 2005
    #6
  7. XP

    RdM Guest

    XP <> muttered in
    nz.comp<>:

    > Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    > not even the Philips DVP642..


    DSE 5.1 Channel DVD / DivX / XviD / MPEG-4 Player
    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/G1913

    Clearance product, stock is limited.
    NZ$149 incl GST

    # Video Formats: DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.05, XviD, MPEG-4 Compliant Video,
    DVD Video,Video CD, Super Video CD, HD-CD

    Retail Stores: (with stock available)
    Whangarei, Onehunga, Henderson, Botany Downs, Hamilton DSE PowerHouse,
    Tauranga, Palmerston North, Masterton, Manners Mall, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt,
    Nelson, Colombo Street, Papanui, Dunedin, Invercargill.
     
    RdM, Nov 4, 2005
    #7
  8. XP

    ChrisB Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:09:39 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    >>>not even the Philips DVP642..
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>I've been looking at getting one myself. Try these:
    >>
    >>http://www.applianceshopper.co.nz/product.aspx?productid=78262

    >
    >
    > That is just a Plane DVD player at a High Price
    >
    >
    >
    >>http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/pr...de=DVPNC62K&level1code=L1ENT&level2code=L2DVD

    >
    >
    >
    > Another way over priced model with No Divx
    >
    >
    >
    >>Further info as to compatibility can be found here:
    >>
    >>http://www.divx.com/corporate/solutions/certification/products.php

    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Philips DVP642. sells for some $60us and does PAL.
    >
    >
    >

    Those players do do divx if you'd bother finding looking at the specs.
    But it seems you've got your heart set on another player and are upset
    you can't get it here, rather than seriously considering alternatives.
     
    ChrisB, Nov 5, 2005
    #8
  9. XP

    ~misfit~ Guest

    RdM wrote:
    > XP <> muttered in
    > nz.comp<>:
    >
    >> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find
    >> any at all not even the Philips DVP642..

    >
    > DSE 5.1 Channel DVD / DivX / XviD / MPEG-4 Player
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/G1913
    >
    > Clearance product, stock is limited.
    > NZ$149 incl GST
    >
    > # Video Formats: DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.05, XviD, MPEG-4 Compliant
    > Video, DVD Video,Video CD, Super Video CD, HD-CD


    <snip>

    Wow! That looks good. Shame they'll all be sold before I can save up. I
    nearly bought a DVD/DivX player a while back but at the last moment realised
    it didn't do XviD. A lot of my files are XviD

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Nov 5, 2005
    #9
  10. XP

    RdM Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote:

    > > DSE 5.1 Channel DVD / DivX / XviD / MPEG-4 Player
    > > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/G1913
    > >
    > > Clearance product, stock is limited.
    > > NZ$149 incl GST
    > >
    > > # Video Formats: DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.05, XviD, MPEG-4 Compliant
    > > Video, DVD Video,Video CD, Super Video CD, HD-CD

    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Wow! That looks good. Shame they'll all be sold before I can save up.


    Ditto, unfortunately, probably. I don't yet have *any* type of DVD player!
     
    RdM, Nov 5, 2005
    #10
  11. XP

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:09:39 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    >> not even the Philips DVP642..
    >>
    >>

    >I've been looking at getting one myself. Try these:
    >
    >http://www.applianceshopper.co.nz/product.aspx?productid=78262
    >
    >http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/pr...de=DVPNC62K&level1code=L1ENT&level2code=L2DVD
    >
    >Further info as to compatibility can be found here:
    >
    >http://www.divx.com/corporate/solutions/certification/products.php





    The Panasonic DV 383/K in Black or Silver does Divx and some of the Sony
    models I have been told, get hold of the latest Pulse Catalog, just got the
    Spring2005 one, but have not read it yet.

    The DVD 383K is at $175.95 cash at LV Matins, but you might get it cheaper
    else ware, and it looks very nice..
     
    XP, Nov 5, 2005
    #11
  12. XP

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 13:30:13 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >> On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:09:39 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>XP wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    >>>>not even the Philips DVP642..
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>I've been looking at getting one myself. Try these:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.applianceshopper.co.nz/product.aspx?productid=78262

    >>
    >>
    >> That is just a Plane DVD player at a High Price
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/pr...de=DVPNC62K&level1code=L1ENT&level2code=L2DVD

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Another way over priced model with No Divx
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Further info as to compatibility can be found here:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.divx.com/corporate/solutions/certification/products.php

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> The Philips DVP642. sells for some $60us and does PAL.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >Those players do do divx if you'd bother finding looking at the specs.
    >But it seems you've got your heart set on another player and are upset
    >you can't get it here, rather than seriously considering alternatives.




    I looked at the Advertised specs on the Links provided no they do not..
     
    XP, Nov 5, 2005
    #12
  13. XP

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:51:21 +1300, RdM <> wrote:

    >XP <> muttered in
    >nz.comp<>:
    >
    >> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    >> not even the Philips DVP642..

    >
    >DSE 5.1 Channel DVD / DivX / XviD / MPEG-4 Player
    >http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/G1913
    >
    >Clearance product, stock is limited.
    >NZ$149 incl GST
    >
    ># Video Formats: DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.05, XviD, MPEG-4 Compliant Video,
    >DVD Video,Video CD, Super Video CD, HD-CD
    >
    >Retail Stores: (with stock available)
    >Whangarei, Onehunga, Henderson, Botany Downs, Hamilton DSE PowerHouse,
    >Tauranga, Palmerston North, Masterton, Manners Mall, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt,
    >Nelson, Colombo Street, Papanui, Dunedin, Invercargill.




    Not in my Area, I am always concerned about DSE Clearance Stock as it could
    be a Lemon, like those Car Radios with the SD chip..
     
    XP, Nov 5, 2005
    #13
  14. XP

    Mark C Guest

    Mark C, Nov 5, 2005
    #14
  15. XP

    Mark C Guest

    Mark C <> wrote in
    news:436c317f$0$20069$:

    > XP <> wrote in
    > news::
    >
    >> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to
    >> find any at all not even the Philips DVP642..

    >
    > Allegedly the DVP5100 is the replacement:
    >
    > http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/catalog.jsp?fhqu
    > ery=fh_secondid%3Ddvp5100k_75_nz_consumer%26fh_location%3D%2F%2Fc
    > onsumer%2Fen_NZ%2Fcategories%3Ccatalog_nz_consumer%2Fcategories%3
    > Chome_audio_video_gr_nz_consumer%2Fcategories%3Cdvd_players_recor
    > ders_ca_nz_consumer%2Fcategories%3Cdvd_players_su_nz_consumer%26&
    > productId=DVP5100K_75_NZ_CONSUMER&activeCategory=HOME_AUDIO_VIDEO
    > _GR_NZ_CONSUMER&fredhopperpage=detail.jsp&language=en&country=NZ&
    > catalogType=CONSUMER
    >
    > (Sorry about the crappy link...)


    Available at Noel Leeming and LV Martin, AFAIK
     
    Mark C, Nov 5, 2005
    #15
  16. XP

    Mark C Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in
    news:436c046a$:

    <snip>
    > I nearly bought a DVD/DivX player a while back but at
    > the last moment realised it didn't do XviD. A lot of my files
    > are XviD


    If that was the DVP642, it does (usually) do XviD.
     
    Mark C, Nov 5, 2005
    #16
  17. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:51:21 +1300, RdM <> wrote:
    >
    >>XP <> muttered in
    >>nz.comp<>:
    >>
    >>> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any
    >>> at all
    >>> not even the Philips DVP642..

    >>
    >>DSE 5.1 Channel DVD / DivX / XviD / MPEG-4 Player
    >>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/G1913
    >>
    >>Clearance product, stock is limited.
    >>NZ$149 incl GST
    >>
    >># Video Formats: DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.05, XviD, MPEG-4 Compliant
    >>Video,
    >>DVD Video,Video CD, Super Video CD, HD-CD
    >>
    >>Retail Stores: (with stock available)
    >>Whangarei, Onehunga, Henderson, Botany Downs, Hamilton DSE PowerHouse,
    >>Tauranga, Palmerston North, Masterton, Manners Mall, Upper Hutt, Lower
    >>Hutt,
    >>Nelson, Colombo Street, Papanui, Dunedin, Invercargill.

    >
    >
    >
    > Not in my Area, I am always concerned about DSE Clearance Stock as it
    > could
    > be a Lemon, like those Car Radios with the SD chip..


    It's a cheap enough Lemon. It also has a proper guarantee from Dick Smith,
    not a dodgy mail order gaurantee where you have to contact some outfit over
    in China who made the stuff.

    You asked if a certain spec item was sold in NZ. Someone has showed they
    are, but without even trying one you claim they're nothing but lemons.

    Specialised players won't have a big market compared to much cheaper DVD
    players. Unless a lot of people buy them it's hardly surprising that some
    products are listed as clearance items.
    It also happens all the time if a model is about to be replaced with a
    better model of a similar product. Happens all the time with the changing
    digital camera market. What was for sale 2 years ago or so is no longer
    still for sale now.

    E. Scrooge
     
    E. Scrooge, Nov 5, 2005
    #17
  18. XP

    Andrew Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 13:30:13 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:
    >
    >> XP wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:09:39 +1300, ChrisB <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> XP wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Seems that we get the raw end of the deal here, can't seem to find any at all
    >>>>> not even the Philips DVP642..
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> I've been looking at getting one myself. Try these:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.applianceshopper.co.nz/product.aspx?productid=78262
    >>>
    >>> That is just a Plane DVD player at a High Price
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/pr...de=DVPNC62K&level1code=L1ENT&level2code=L2DVD
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Another way over priced model with No Divx
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Further info as to compatibility can be found here:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.divx.com/corporate/solutions/certification/products.php
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> The Philips DVP642. sells for some $60us and does PAL.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Those players do do divx if you'd bother finding looking at the specs.
    >> But it seems you've got your heart set on another player and are upset
    >> you can't get it here, rather than seriously considering alternatives.

    >
    >
    >
    > I looked at the Advertised specs on the Links provided no they do not..
    >
    >


    If you looked...

    this one:
    http://www.applianceshopper.co.nz/product.aspx?productid=78262

    is also here: lists more specs
    http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=342836

    more info can be found by searching google:
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?hs=B...a:en-US:official&q=DVP5100K&btnG=Search&meta=

    The second one....
    http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/pr...de=DVPNC62K&level1code=L1ENT&level2code=L2DVD

    More information:
    http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/72886/sony-5-disc-dvdcdcdrrw-mp3-player---silver-dvpnc62k-.html

    google:
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=DV...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

    2 mins of google searching found that both supported divx....
     
    Andrew, Nov 6, 2005
    #18
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. bluesealover
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    483
    bluesealover
    Jun 22, 2007
  2. bluesealover
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    753
    olfart
    Jun 24, 2007
  3. bluesealover
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,009
    bluesealover
    Jun 24, 2007
  4. Angelinaz2007
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    810
    tustinssbus
    Jun 28, 2009
  5. Brian    Mathews

    Any MiniDVD/cDVD Players sold here.

    Brian Mathews, Dec 4, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    595
    Brian Mathews
    Dec 5, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page