    such an extention I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    Corse

    Corse, Jun 29, 2004

  2. On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:04:21 GMT, Corse wrote:

    > I have a subscription to Ancestry.com that uses a viewer, Mr.Sid, that works
    > only with IE and Netscape. So I can't get it to work with Firefox. Someone
    > mentioned on another newsgroup that there may be a Firefox extension that
    > would fool a program like Mr.Sid into thinking that I am using I.E. This is
    > all greek to me but if someone knows what I am talking about and how to find
    > such an extention I'd appreciate it.

    I found a recent answer for Mr.Sid for the Opera browser that may
    help:
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=opr9q0pyemjh8nuw%40walker.hosts.bc1.bresnan.net>
    Click "complete thread" to read the responses.

    You can fool a website into thinking you are running a different
    browser. See the Firefox section at
    <http://www.ericgiguere.com/articles/masquerading-your-browser.html>
    --
    Mark R. Blain, lid
    (change .INVALID to .NET to reply)

    Mark R. Blain, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Corse

    Corse Guest

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1.br
    esnan.net>
    > Click "complete thread" to read the responses.
    >
    > You can fool a website into thinking you are running a different
    > browser. See the Firefox section at
    > <http://www.ericgiguere.com/articles/masquerading-your-browser.html>
    > --
    > Mark R. Blain, lid
    > (change .INVALID to .NET to reply)

    Thanks for the link to the newsgroup messages. I now understand that what
    I'm really trying to use is the
    Ancestry's Advanced Viewer. There doesn't seem to be any help for it since
    Ancestry doesn't specify what the program is.

    Corse

    Corse, Jun 30, 2004