anamorphic widescreen...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Justin, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    drew fairweather wrote on [Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800]:
    > WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >
    > some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    > grateful to have them.
    >
    > but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    > WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    > PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    > SYSTEM!?!

    Lemming.

    Maybe they should just put everything out pan and scan and in mono!
    Justin, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Justin

    mzmeryze Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800, drew fairweather
    <> wrote:

    >WHO GIVES A ****!!

    Non-morons, that's who.

    >some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    >grateful to have them.

    And I'm sure it looks great on your 12 inch TV.

    >but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    >WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!

    AND MORON THAT!

    >CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    >PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    >SYSTEM!?!

    Yeah, because we want the DVDs to play INCORRECTLY. You're kind of a
    moron, aren't you?
    mzmeryze, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Justin

    Richard C. Guest

    Sounds like you have a serious anger problem.

    Non -anamorphic widescreen movies are shit.
    Only cheap shit studios release them now.

    ===============================
    "drew fairweather" <> wrote in message
    : WHO GIVES A ****!!
    :
    Richard C., Nov 18, 2003
  4. Justin

    Doonie Guest

    <> wrote:

    >WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >
    >some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    >grateful to have them.
    >
    >but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    >WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >
    >CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    >PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    >SYSTEM!?!

    LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!

    CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

    --
    www.cloakanddagger.ca

    drew fairweather, Nov 18, 2003
  6. drew fairweather wrote:
    > WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >
    > some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    > grateful to have them.
    >
    > but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    > WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    > PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    > SYSTEM!?!

    It is not just the wealthy who care about proper aspect ratios, and
    anamorphic enhancement. Do a little reading before you rant.

    www.widescreen.org

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Doonie wrote:

    > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800, drew fairweather
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >>
    >>some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    >>grateful to have them.
    >>
    >>but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    >>WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >>
    >>CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    >>PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    >>SYSTEM!?!

    > LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

    He he he.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Justin

    Goldfinger Guest

    "Doonie" <> wrote in message

    > LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

    That would be a luxury for the guy. Can't he just look at the movie poster
    and be happy?
    Goldfinger, Nov 18, 2003
  9. Justin

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    drew fairweather <> wrote:

    > WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >
    > some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    > grateful to have them.
    >
    > but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    > WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    > PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    > SYSTEM!?!

    LOL! Sorry guys, but that was frickin' funny.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Nov 18, 2003
  10. Justin

    Mark Jones Guest

    > WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >
    > some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    > grateful to have them.
    >
    > but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    > WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    > PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    > SYSTEM!?!

    No.
    Mark Jones, Nov 19, 2003
  11. Justin

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    > PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    > SYSTEM!?!

    Come back to use once you've spent $72362828 million and we'll see if
    you feel the same way.
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Troll.....

    Grease Monkey, Nov 19, 2003
  13. Grease Monkey wrote:

    > Troll.....
    >
    > "drew fairweather" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >>
    >>some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    >>grateful to have them.
    >>
    >>but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    >>WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >>
    >>CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    >>PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    >>SYSTEM!?!

    Actually I think it's a regular just having some fun with us, through an
    alias. I googled up this "drew fairweather" and this is the only post
    he's listed as ever making.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Nov 19, 2003
  14. Justin

    Icon Guest

    > WHO GIVES A ****!!
    >
    > some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    > grateful to have them.
    >
    > but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    > WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
    >
    > CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    > PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    > SYSTEM!?!

    Hi Ron.
    Icon, Nov 19, 2003
  15. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:34:52 GMT, "Goldfinger" <>
    wrote:

    >"Doonie" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!
    >>
    >> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

    >That would be a luxury for the guy. Can't he just look at the movie poster
    >and be happy?

    Movie posters tend to have writing on them, he may get confused.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Nov 19, 2003
  16. Justin

    Jim Fraas Guest

    Anamorphic I can take it or leave it.
    since I do intend on getting a 16:9 set someday, I would rather take it.
    However,OAR ALL THE WAY EVERYTIME!

    --
    There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
    It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.

    Jim Fraas, Nov 19, 2003
  17. Justin

    Klaus Guest

    Definately take it if you are planning on getting a 16:9...... Nothing is
    more annoying then "letterboxed" widescreen on a 16:9 HDTV... Well maybe Pan
    and Scan but....

    Klaus, Nov 19, 2003
  18. Justin

    Tony Clark Guest

    "mzmeryze" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800, drew fairweather
    > <> wrote:

    SNIP

    > And I'm sure it looks great on your 12 inch TV.

    As if he had 12 inches...lol

    SNIP
    Tony Clark, Nov 21, 2003
  19. Justin

    Bobcancel Guest

    << WHO GIVES A ****!!

    some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
    grateful to have them.

    but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
    WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!

    CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
    PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
    SYSTEM!?!

    OK, my man, you made this personal. So, here goes for what its worth.
    Look at it this way, Drew. TVs are changing shape. They're gonna be
    rectangular in the future. (I know I could go into the technical details here
    but there doesn't seem to be any point.) Any person who buys a non-anamorphic
    widescreen transfer of their favorite movie for their current TV will be
    forced TO BUY IT AGAIN the moment the old one breaks and the new wizzy HDTV
    waltzes into the house. Trust me, Drew. That first widescreen non-anamorphic
    copy of "Last of the Mohicans" you bought several years ago will look pretty
    terrible on your brand-new HDTV. You'll have to buy it again and trust me,
    you WILL buy it again. We're not elitists, Drew. We're cheap-skates. We want
    to spend the minimum amount of money to get what we want. That you scorn this
    approach means that you're the rich, jack-ass who can afford to buy your
    favorite movie over and over and over.
    And by the way, any one who can afford the DVD habit is probably pretty well
    off. Lets face it. Anyone who has the time and energy to fuss over what are
    essentially luxury items (as opposed to food and shelter) probably does OK.
    That's you and me and most people in this newsgroup. Unlike you, the rest try
    to spend our cash wisely.
    Hope this explains our "elitist" position.
    Bobcancel, Nov 22, 2003
  20. Justin

    John Savard Guest

    On 22 Nov 2003 12:35:43 GMT, (Bobcancel) wrote, in
    part:

    >TVs are changing shape. They're gonna be
    >rectangular in the future.

    I thought they always used to be rectangular.

    Or have you been watching all your old VHS tapes on an interocitor?

    Now, if you meant to say that they were going to change from one
    rectangular shape to another rectangular shape whose departure from
    the square would be more pronounced, you should have said that.

    John Savard
    John Savard, Nov 22, 2003