    monitor by a Dvi cable ?

    Any advice on this and choosing a suitable card would be most helpful.

    Jas

    xxxxxxxxxx, Dec 4, 2004

  2. xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a LCD monitor with both Analogue & Dvi inputs. I use it curently with
    > an Nvidia 440MX AGP card and analogue cable. Would the picture quality be
    > improved on my monitor if I changed to a new video card and connected to the
    > monitor by a Dvi cable ?
    >
    > Any advice on this and choosing a suitable card would be most helpful.
    >
    > Jas

    Theoretically the image should be better with a digital output .. . but
    the difference is not really noticeable for most people. The main
    benefit of a newer card would be more RAM and a faster GPU.

    Dennis Turner, Dec 5, 2004

  3. My Hitachi LCD and ATI video card both have DVI & analog connections. I
    purchased this hardware thinking the DVI would be "better". I have had both
    about a year and have connected them both ways several times. I cannot see
    any difference. At one time, Hitachi had some information on their website
    stating that most people would not be able to tell the difference between
    digital & analog. I should have listened. :)
    Hope this helps.
    Pete

    Pete Angelakos, Dec 5, 2004