Analogue phone lines PUzzle

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by uscroger, Oct 20, 2009.

1. uscroger

uscroger

Hi, Everyone:

I recently upgraded my phone system to an IP500 AVAYA system. So, now most of phones are forwarded through a T1 into the AVAYA system. Here is my problem: I have about 30 hard-wired lines on old switchboards (I mean the old-fashioned switchboards); since I cannot move the switchboards nor the lines, I cannot do other things such as having a remote agent taking care of those calls. I understand that they can configure T1's to accomodate hybrids (analogues/DID). I was also researching other options to get these lines into my AVAYA system without incurring a big overhead. I think these boards use the amphenol connectors. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If this is not possible, could I get these 30 lines to go throught 1 single telephone from which I can see calls coming in, who is calling, put them on hold, etc???? Other options??? Thank you.

PS: by hardwire I mean the traditional type where if person x calls person y, the phone will ring at both person y and person z. Both y and z can answer xthe call and simultaneously communicate with one another.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    uscroger, Oct 20, 2009
    1. Advertising