    or, if you have no VCR

    2) the TV

    Thanks

    Jack, Feb 17, 2008

  2. Jack

    Dave Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Exactly where do you connect this box to:
    >
    > 1) the VCR
    >
    > or, if you have no VCR
    >
    > 2) the TV
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you talking about the new digital tuners to allow digital programming to
    be viewed on regular TVs? If so, then the answer is 1 or 2. Either one is
    OK. Converting from analog to digital? Not sure what you'd connect that
    puppy to. :) -Dave

    Dave, Feb 17, 2008

  3. Jack

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:37:04 -0500, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Jack" <> wrote in message
    >> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
    >>
    >> 1) the VCR
    >>
    >> or, if you have no VCR
    >>
    >> 2) the TV
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Are you talking about the new digital tuners to allow digital programming to
    >be viewed on regular TVs? If so, then the answer is 1 or 2. Either one is
    >OK. Converting from analog to digital? Not sure what you'd connect that
    >puppy to. :) -Dave

    Try before and after the vcr and see which works best.

    --
    "Tell a lie often enough, loud enough, and long enough and people will believe you."
    Adolph Hitler

    richard, Feb 17, 2008
  4. In article <>,
    (Jack) wrote:

    > Exactly where do you connect this box to:
    >
    > 1) the VCR
    >
    > or, if you have no VCR
    >
    > 2) the TV

    You attach it wherever you would currently attach an antenna wire.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Feb 17, 2008
  5. On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:48:00 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:37:04 -0500, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Jack" <> wrote in message
    >>> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
    >>>
    >>> 1) the VCR
    >>>
    >>> or, if you have no VCR
    >>>
    >>> 2) the TV
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>Are you talking about the new digital tuners to allow digital programming to
    >>be viewed on regular TVs? If so, then the answer is 1 or 2. Either one is
    >>OK.

    >Try before and after the vcr and see which works best.

    Well, unless the OP's VCR has an ATSC tuner in it, before would seem
    to be your only option if he wants to record anything besides static.
    :)

    Of course, if his VCR has an ATSC tuner, then he doesn't really need
    the converter box at all.

    Scott in SoCal, Feb 17, 2008
  6. (Jack) wrote in news::

    > Exactly where do you connect this box to:
    >
    > 1) the VCR
    >
    > or, if you have no VCR
    >
    > 2) the TV

    If the converter has RF output (coaxial, like a cable TV cable), then you
    hook it up to "antenna" on the back of your TV or VCR, and tune your TV or
    VCR to channel 3 or 4.

    If the converter box has composite output (RCA connectors, yellow, red,
    white / video, right audio, left audio), then you plug those three
    connectros into the back of your TV or VCR where it says "video in / audio
    in".

    Tony Calguire, Feb 17, 2008
  7. Jack

    PeeCee Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > Exactly where do you connect this box to:
    >
    > 1) the VCR
    >
    > or, if you have no VCR
    >
    > 2) the TV
    >
    > Thanks

    It goes between whatever analog output device you have and whatever digital
    input device you have.
    It does not connect to one 'or' the other.
    Without more details of what the A to D converter is and what analog and
    digital devices you have, any other suggestion is purely speculative.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 17, 2008
  8. Jack

    rick++ Guest

    I have yet to see these at department stores.
    Consumer columns suggest doing this this summer
    when availibility will be better and avoid the last-minute rush.

    If youa re gambler, I would be surprised if this is a popular
    Black Friday 2008 rush at zero cost with rebate.

    rick++, Feb 17, 2008