    Is there a free phone service like Skype that I can use with my Analog
    Telephone Adapter?
    , Jul 9, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a free phone service like Skype that I can use with my Analog
    > Telephone Adapter?

    What are you trying to do? There is FreeWorldDialup. If you want PSTN,
    that's another matter.
    Jonathan Roberts, Jul 10, 2006

  3. wrote:
    >Is there a free phone service like Skype that I can use with my Analog
    >Telephone Adapter?

    We have no idea. What ATA do you have, and do you know if it's locked
    to a particular service provider?
    William P.N. Smith, Jul 10, 2006
  4. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote
    in message news:8Bhsg.97485$IZ2.40142@dukeread07
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a free phone service like Skype that I can use
    > > with my Analog Telephone Adapter?
    > >

    > What are you trying to do? There is FreeWorldDialup. If
    > you want PSTN, that's another matter.

    Depends what country you want your number in. If the UK then try
    www.sipgate.co.uk but be aware if you want a normal UK number you need to
    sign up using a British IP address (use a proxy). Free to call other
    Sipgate (and other VoIP services with peering) customers, cheap rates to
    the PSTN.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 10, 2006
  5. Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there a free phone service like Skype that I can use with my Analog
    > Telephone Adapter?

    I would use Orbtalk I find it reliable and cheap. Free to signup and
    you get a UK number too.
    , Jul 10, 2006
  6. LVMarc Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there a free phone service like Skype that I can use with my Analog
    > Telephone Adapter?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00028799587&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

    COMBINE-A-LINE …… IMAGINE

    ….1=2

    Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
    machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?…. Automatically?

    OR

    How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone
    jack into a single handset?

    OR

    How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering
    machine, or PC Modem?

    USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
    well!

    OR

    see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already
    in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

    Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines
    to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC.
    Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication
    equipment for your home office or for the family
    LVMarc, Sep 18, 2006