    effective solution I can find.

    Thanks in advance!
    Dave
    Henry Cabot Henhouse III, Jan 9, 2007

  2. Henry Cabot Henhouse III

    Guest

    On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:10:40 -0800, "Henry Cabot Henhouse III"
    <> wrote:

    >I'd like to extend 2 analog pbx lines off site. We have multiple managed
    >bonded T's at the main site, and at the remotes a basic Verizon dsl at one
    >and a Comcast (or is it Time Warner this year?) business HSI at the other.
    >When someone calls the extension, the off prem analog line should ring. When
    >I go off hook, I should get pbx dial tone.

    2 pair of Linksys SPA3102 will do. One for FXS and one for FXO gateway
    role. If you can do the setup, it costs less than 400 USD.

    However, as at least one of them gets dynamic IP address, you need a
    public fixed IP VoIP switch to maintain the actual IP address. This
    kind of service is available free of charge, eg at
    http://www.voxalot.com

    If you have firewall at the central site, it should be configured to
    pass the UDP calls to the 2 SPAs (eg. 5060 and 5061 UDP port,
    respectively, plus a range for the voice channels). The SPAs should be
    configured accordingly.
    , Jan 10, 2007