    Polarized 3-D was used in either all or most of the 3-D movies of the 50's.

    But I must once again assure the idiots in this newsgroup that the anaglyph #-D
    process was indeed used for early 3-D theatrical movies.
    Waterperson77, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Waterperson77

    Tim Pace Guest

    Some of the 3d effects in the 50's movies are quite good in fact.

    --
    Tim Pace
    Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD.
    Tim Pace, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Waterperson77

    P Pron Guest

    Waterperson77 <> wrote:
    > The idiots in this newsgroup said that anaglyph 3-D was never used

    in
    > theatrical movies (until recently) , and that only polarized 3-D was
    > used for 3-D theatrical movies in the early days of 3-D movies.
    >
    > Well, they're all wrong as usual.
    >
    > The red-green anaglyph process appeared was used for 3-D theatrical
    > movies from 1936 through 1941. Those were the first 3-D movies with
    > sound.
    >
    > IThere were some silent 3-d movies before that, also using the
    > anaaglyph method.
    >
    > One of the reasons anaglyph was chosen for theatrical 3-D is because
    > tinting of silent movies for mood or effect (to suggest whether it
    > was day or night) was common in the silent days, so all of the
    > tinting materials was alrready easily available to movie producers
    > back then.
    >
    > Polarized 3-D was used in either all or most of the 3-D movies of

    the
    > 50's.
    >
    > But I must once again assure the idiots in this newsgroup that the
    > anaglyph #-D process was indeed used for early 3-D theatrical

    movies.

    Have you considered the possibility of getting out more??
    P Pron, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Waterperson77

    Anony Guest

    in article , Waterperson77
    at wrote on 3/5/04 12:42 PM:

    > The idiots in this newsgroup said that anaglyph 3-D was never used in
    > theatrical movies (until recently) , and that only polarized 3-D was used for
    > 3-D theatrical movies in the early days of 3-D movies.
    >
    > Well, they're all wrong as usual.
    >
    > The red-green anaglyph process appeared was used for 3-D theatrical movies
    > from
    > 1936 through 1941. Those were the first 3-D movies with sound.
    >
    > IThere were some silent 3-d movies before that, also using the anaaglyph
    > method.
    >
    > One of the reasons anaglyph was chosen for theatrical 3-D is because tinting
    > of
    > silent movies for mood or effect (to suggest whether it was day or night) was
    > common in the silent days, so all of the tinting materials was alrready easily
    > available to movie producers back then.
    >
    > Polarized 3-D was used in either all or most of the 3-D movies of the 50's.
    >
    > But I must once again assure the idiots in this newsgroup that the anaglyph
    > #-D
    > process was indeed used for early 3-D theatrical movies.

    Seems like your 1D brain is overheating....
    Anony, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Anony wrote:
    > Seems like your 1D brain is overheating....

    And that's being nice of you to say he has that
    much of a brain. I'd say he only has 1/10thD brain. ;)

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian Demolition Man Little, Mar 6, 2004