    sunset in Lincoln City, Oregon...
    It was pretty spectacular, so I thought I'd share. :)
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 22, 2005

  2. The Black Laced One

    Shel-hed Guest

    What is the message id?

    Shel-hed, Feb 22, 2005

  3. I copied this from its headers... I hope it's what you meant.
    <>
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 22, 2005
  4. The Black Laced One

    Shel-hed Guest

    That's the one. When you post the message id, you (we) (tiny, tinw) can just
    click on it and see the message, like a web link.

    Shel-hed, Feb 22, 2005
  5. The Black Laced One

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I think it might help if it had "news:" in front of it so dumbshits like me
    who still insist on using OE (<g>) can get it to work:

    Toolman Tim, Feb 22, 2005
  6. The Black Laced One

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "The Black Laced One" <> wrote in message
    | I posted a picture on alt.binaries (subject: Oregon) of last night's
    | sunset in Lincoln City, Oregon...
    | It was pretty spectacular, so I thought I'd share. :)
    | PJ

    Thanks! I spend about half of my vacations at the Oregon or Washington
    coast. A few times at Ocean Shores, WA, many many trips to Charleston (Coos
    Bay/North Bend) OR, and this spring Mom and I are spending a week at Lincoln
    City too ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 22, 2005
  7. The Black Laced One

    Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:51:47 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    |> | I posted a picture on alt.binaries (subject: Oregon) of last night's
    |> | sunset in Lincoln City, Oregon...

    |> Thanks! I spend about half of my vacations at the Oregon or Washington
    |> coast. A few times at Ocean Shores, WA, many many trips to Charleston (Coos
    |> Bay/North Bend) OR,

    FWIW I vacation at Seaside/Oceanside OR, good times.

    Still haven't seen the pix, it could take days with Qwest.net.

    --
    http://www.local6.com/news/4215837/detail.html

    , Feb 22, 2005
  8. The Black Laced One

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message

    ||> Thanks! I spend about half of my vacations at the Oregon or Washington
    ||> coast. A few times at Ocean Shores, WA, many many trips to Charleston
    (Coos
    ||> Bay/North Bend) OR,
    |
    | FWIW I vacation at Seaside/Oceanside OR, good times.
    |
    | Still haven't seen the pix, it could take days with Qwest.net.

    Cool! Love it...can't wait to get back ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 22, 2005
  9. I shall remember that for future use. Thanks, Shel.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 22, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "The Black Laced One" <> wrote in message
    >> I posted a picture on alt.binaries (subject: Oregon) of last night's
    >> sunset in Lincoln City, Oregon...
    >> It was pretty spectacular, so I thought I'd share. :)
    >> PJ
    >>

    > Thanks! I spend about half of my vacations at the Oregon or Washington
    > coast. A few times at Ocean Shores, WA, many many trips to Charleston
    > (Coos Bay/North Bend) OR, and this spring Mom and I are spending a
    > week at Lincoln City too ;o)

    I'm glad you liked it. We spent the first night in Ocean Shores, WA and
    then drove down highway 101 to Lincoln City. It was great weather for
    February.
    I haven't had many vacations in my life but this year I seem to be making
    up for that fact. Last month we spent a week in Puerto Vallarta and in the
    spring we are planning a trip to Washington D.C.
    It's been great fun so far... :)
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 22, 2005
  11. The Black Laced One

    Liz Guest

    "The Black Laced One" wrote

    > I'm glad you liked it. We spent the first night in Ocean Shores, WA and
    > then drove down highway 101 to Lincoln City. It was great weather for
    > February.
    > I haven't had many vacations in my life but this year I seem to be making
    > up for that fact. Last month we spent a week in Puerto Vallarta and in the
    > spring we are planning a trip to Washington D.C.
    > It's been great fun so far... :)

    Nice pic, I thought you live in Oregon from your first post.
    I've been sorting and labeling boxes in the attic, preparing to move,
    so far no fun and it's freezing at the top.
    Enjoy your vacation! :)

    Liz, Feb 22, 2005
  12. Liz wrote:
    > Nice pic, I thought you live in Oregon from your first post.
    > I've been sorting and labeling boxes in the attic, preparing to move,
    > so far no fun and it's freezing at the top.
    > Enjoy your vacation! :)

    I have a move scheduled for June. I'm not looking forward to all the
    packing, but I am looking forward to the 'new' place. I suspect wedding
    bells will be ringing in my near future, too...
    I've lived most of my life in Washington. I was in Montana for about 10
    years, but moved back here in '99.
    Are you moving across town or across country? I don't think I ever knew
    where you were originally... Canada is what is coming to mind, but I'm
    probably way off on that.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 22, 2005
  13. The Black Laced One

    Liz Guest

    "The Black Laced One" wrote:

    > I have a move scheduled for June. I'm not looking forward to all the
    > packing, but I am looking forward to the 'new' place. I suspect wedding
    > bells will be ringing in my near future, too...

    What wonderful news! I like being married. :)

    > I've lived most of my life in Washington. I was in Montana for about 10
    > years, but moved back here in '99.
    > Are you moving across town or across country? I don't think I ever knew
    > where you were originally... Canada is what is coming to mind, but I'm
    > probably way off on that.

    You are pretty close. I'm in upstate New York, Toronto is 3 hours
    under normal driving conditions, so is Niagara Falls, a great place to
    honeymoon. Autumn is beautiful, cool and breezy, it's my favorite season.
    http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/index.asp?pageId=300

    Our house was built in the 60's, right now it's under renovations,
    we are upgrading our kitchen and bath, so we'll be cooking, bathing
    and sleeping in an apartment for about two months, I just need to
    clear out the junk for new construction, and move some stuff to
    the apartment, nothing major. But I am spending less time online
    and getting more things done finally!

    Liz, Feb 23, 2005
  14. Liz wrote:
    > "The Black Laced One" wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a move scheduled for June. I'm not looking forward to all
    >> the packing, but I am looking forward to the 'new' place. I suspect
    >> wedding bells will be ringing in my near future, too...

    > What wonderful news! I like being married. :)

    Well, so far I haven't liked being married, at least not for very long,
    but this man is very different from the last two.

    >> I've lived most of my life in Washington. I was in Montana for
    >> about 10 years, but moved back here in '99.
    >> Are you moving across town or across country? I don't think I
    >> ever knew where you were originally... Canada is what is coming to
    >> mind, but I'm probably way off on that.

    > You are pretty close. I'm in upstate New York, Toronto is 3 hours
    > under normal driving conditions, so is Niagara Falls, a great place to
    > honeymoon. Autumn is beautiful, cool and breezy, it's my favorite
    > season. http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/index.asp?pageId=300

    A honeymoon at Niagara Falls... hmmm... I will keep that in mind. I've
    never been to New York, but my boyfriend goes there on business quite
    frequently.

    > Our house was built in the 60's, right now it's under renovations,
    > we are upgrading our kitchen and bath, so we'll be cooking, bathing
    > and sleeping in an apartment for about two months, I just need to
    > clear out the junk for new construction, and move some stuff to
    > the apartment, nothing major. But I am spending less time online
    > and getting more things done finally!

    That's exciting. It's like moving into a new place without all the hassle
    of actually moving everything. Two months in an apartment won't be too bad,
    especially since you know you get to return to a home that has been
    remodeled, but will still have the familiar feel to it... home.
    Apartment living on a permanent basis is awful, I know, I've been doing it
    for the past 5 years. I will be so glad when I get to move into a real
    house come June... neither of the apartments I have had have ever *felt like
    home.
    I know what you mean about being online. It does eat up a lot of time,
    but right now I have so much time, that I need to waste some of it in an
    environment that is relatively safe. It's either that or go stir crazy...
    Good luck on your renovations, I'm sure they will turn out beautiful.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 23, 2005
  15. The Black Laced One

    elaich Guest

    "The Black Laced One" <> wrote in

    > Well, so far I haven't liked being married, at least not for very
    > long,

    Take a look at your nick and email address and try to figure out why.

    elaich, Feb 24, 2005
  16. elaich wrote:
    > "The Black Laced One" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Well, so far I haven't liked being married, at least not for very
    >> long,

    > Take a look at your nick and email address and try to figure out why.

    Okay... my nick is The Black Laced One... meaning I like my panties and
    bras to be black... so what?
    My email address says, my panties not for you... meaning exactly that, so
    what?
    I know exactly why I haven't liked being married, and it has nothing to do
    with my nick or my email...
    So **** you and your try to figure out why... I fucking know why!!!!
    PJ

    20 hours, 44 minutes and 36 seconds. 17 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3.46.
    Life saved: 1 hour, 25 minutes.

    The Black Laced One, Feb 24, 2005
  17. The Black Laced One wrote:

    > 20 hours, 44 minutes and 36 seconds. 17 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3.46.
    > Life saved: 1 hour, 25 minutes.

    19 years on April 6. Imagine the money I've saved. :)

    And I and my home and possessions don't stink, any more.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  18. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > The Black Laced One wrote:
    >
    >> 20 hours, 44 minutes and 36 seconds. 17 cigarettes not smoked,
    >> saving $3.46. Life saved: 1 hour, 25 minutes.

    > 19 years on April 6. Imagine the money I've saved. :)
    >
    > And I and my home and possessions don't stink, any more.

    That's great, Blinky!!
    If you really want to know how much money you've saved, along with some
    other things, download the meter and fill in your quit date. It will do the
    math for you.
    http://www.silkquit.org/
    PJ

    23 hours, 43 minutes and 47 seconds. 19 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3.95.
    Life saved: 1 hour, 35 minutes.

    The Black Laced One, Feb 25, 2005
  19. The Black Laced One wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> The Black Laced One wrote:

    >>> 20 hours, 44 minutes and 36 seconds. 17 cigarettes not smoked,
    >>> saving $3.46. Life saved: 1 hour, 25 minutes.

    >> 19 years on April 6. Imagine the money I've saved. :)

    >> And I and my home and possessions don't stink, any more.

    > That's great, Blinky!!
    > If you really want to know how much money you've saved, along with some
    > other things, download the meter and fill in your quit date. It will do the
    > math for you.

    First: will it at least roughly factor in the change in prices over the
    years?

    When I started smoking, a pack was about 30 cents US. When I quit in
    1986 I think they were about $1.25.

    I smoked two and a half packs a day (I smoked for a bit over 20 years).
    Running with your roughly-four-bucks-a-pack rate, that'd be $300/month to
    smell bad, if I was still smoking.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 25, 2005
  20. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > First: will it at least roughly factor in the change in prices over
    > the years?

    No, it won't factor the change in price for you.
    I don't know what cigarettes cost when I started smoking, we had to get
    them from the gas station out of a machine. There they were 60 cents per
    pack.

    > When I started smoking, a pack was about 30 cents US. When I quit in
    > 1986 I think they were about $1.25.
    >
    > I smoked two and a half packs a day (I smoked for a bit over 20
    > years). Running with your roughly-four-bucks-a-pack rate, that'd be
    > $300/month to smell bad, if I was still smoking.

    Cigarettes do such lovely things for you. I wish I could go back and kick
    my ten year old ass... or to at least show her the bitch that she would
    become while trying to break the habit.
    The most I ever got up to for smoking per day was a pack and about a half,
    but never consistantly. My normal was one pack per day.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 25, 2005