    I'm running OE6, under Win XP Pro SP2.

    Appreciate any assistance

    TIA
    Pop Aye, Sep 1, 2006

  2. Pop Aye

    Mike Easter Guest

    Pop Aye wrote:
    > Been trying to get some filters working on my incoming Email, and I'm
    > having some problems.

    OE's message rules are extremely weak. You are wasting your time on
    anything other than a rule for the mail which isn't addressed to you and
    isn't otherwise whitelisted.

    > Some of them are working fine, but others seem
    > to go nowhere. My basic question, are the filter rules case
    > sensitive?

    No.

    > In other words, if I want to block messages with "home
    > Loans" for example, must I enter the filter twice, once in lower case
    > and once in upper case?

    No, but 'home loans' won't catch home l0ans or h0me loans.

    > I know I have to run "subject filtering" and
    > "in message body filtering". I've been running different combos, with
    > no luck.
    >
    > I'm running OE6, under Win XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Appreciate any assistance

    Use a real spamfilter like SpamPal as a proxy between your provider's
    mailserver and your OE. SP will tag the subject and then OE can use a
    simple message rule on the tagged subject and segregate your spam into
    the Junk folder.

    http://spampal.org SpamPal is a mail classification program that can
    help separate your spam from the mail you really want to read. --

    The statistics page looks like SP currently has about 65000 users. It
    is free, mulitlingual, honest, and has plenty of good documentation and
    support.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 1, 2006