an oddball scary kind of thing you would think would never happen

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 31, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
    percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
    Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
    Iranian.[6]

    About 35 percent of Beverly's current student body was born outside the
    United States, and 42 percent of its students speak a first language other
    than English.

    The above is from the wikipedia about Beverly Hills High School.
    What used to be an all white school, is now 76% non white.
    62% are Persian? Holy shit. Those damn Persians must be damned filthy rich.
    I guess maybe it's better than 62% black or Latino. Oh I'm sorry I'm
    supposed to say "afro-american". Screw it.

    So where did all the rich hollywood types move to then? India?
    Guess they watched all the old "Beverly Hillbillies" show to much eh?

    richard, Jan 31, 2010

  2. richard

    gangle Guest

    "Evan Platt" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:17:11 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    >>So where did all the rich hollywood types move to then? India?
    >>Guess they watched all the old "Beverly Hillbillies" show to much eh?

    > Still don't know the difference between to and too?
    >
    > Never before seen video of richard:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2NqfISm9k&feature=related

    I think you might be mistaken; the person in that video seems way
    too sophisticated to be richard. In any case, although I realize that
    there is a 0% chance that a redux of my tutorial will help RtS,
    it seems like an appropriate time to send it again anyway.

    To Too or Not To Too
    I am going TO the store TO get a rope
    (Maybe you'll need TO go TO a store TOO TO get a
    a rope TOO after you TOO read why I am going
    TO the store.) I need TO go get a rope in order
    TO hang myself because there are TOO many
    people throughout Usenet who are all TOO often
    using "TO" in place of "TOO"! It's TOO late for
    me TO be convinced that it is ever going TO change.
    Is it not TOO depressing TO continue TO watch people
    perpetrate the misbegotten notion that TWO
    (woops--make that three) completely *different*
    words that just happen TO *sound* the same can
    be interchanged, willy-nilly, when *writing* them
    without causing confusion and/or consternation TO
    hapless, know-the-difference readers? If you
    TOO agree with me, will you be willing TO protest
    this grammatical abuse by hanging yourself TOO?

    I am off TO the store..................good-bye
    and, TO all you asswipes who refused TO learn
    this simple concept and drove me TO this
    drastic course: **** you, and eat shit TOO!!

    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOcLkk7nNVc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mx1gflT2NE

    gangle, Jan 31, 2010

  3. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing richard <> bada bang:
    > In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
    > percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
    > Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
    > Iranian.[6]

    Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?

    Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Jan 31, 2010
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:54:43 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > Bada bing richard <> bada bang:
    >> In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
    >> percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
    >> Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
    >> Iranian.[6]
    >>

    > Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?
    >
    > Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto

    what kills me is the fact they say one third are Iranian after all the
    other numbers. Since Iran was Persia, then where do the other third of
    students really come from? As ancient Persia covered a huge territory.

    richard, Jan 31, 2010
  5. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing richard <> bada bang:
    > On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:54:43 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:
    >
    >> Bada bing richard <> bada bang:
    >>> In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
    >>> percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
    >>> Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
    >>> Iranian.[6]
    >>>

    >> Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?
    >>
    >> Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto

    > what kills me is the fact they say one third are Iranian after all the
    > other numbers. Since Iran was Persia, then where do the other third of
    > students really come from? As ancient Persia covered a huge territory.

    Now, why didn't I think of asking that question? And after
    noticing that I should have taken a skeptical look at the source
    of that data and the total of ~133%.

    Instead all I did was ask that question and take a
    skeptical look at the source.

    Mike "are half the Persians from Thermopylae?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Jan 31, 2010