    How can I perform a copy where bad files don't abort the process and
    where the names of the bad files are logged?

    Is there some batch script or vbscript I could use?
    yawnmoth, Aug 23, 2005

  2. yawnmoth

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/231.htm#1

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 23, 2005

  3. You could open a command prompt and try using the xcopy command. If you use
    the /c switch, it will continue copying even if errors occur. For the full
    listing of syntax and switches, type xcopy /? I use it most often to copy
    someone's data back to their hard drive after a wipe and reinstall, but it
    has served me well in retrieving as much data as I can get from a damaged
    hard drive. It ain't perfect, but it's cheap and easy.

    Doug

    Doug Schneider, Aug 24, 2005