An Introduction To Lapel Pins

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by apollo66942@yahoo.com.tw, Jan 21, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Lapel pins are not just jewelry; they are a way to show off a wearer's
    passion, affiliation, hobby or travels. Many people collect and trade
    lapel pins with a fervor usually reserved for rookie baseball cards.
    Speaking of baseball, the New York Yankees sells more lapel pins than
    any other baseball team! Each Olympics typically has a signature pin,
    and you can get your commemorative lapel pin at Disneyland, the Bronx
    Zoo or from the New Mexico bureau of tourism. Any interest one might
    have can literally be worn on your sleeve (or lapel).

    Lapel pins gained popularity during mid-century, as people wore pins
    to show their support for Presidential candidates. One such rare pin
    showing Abraham Lincoln has been valued for more than $650. At that
    time, lapel pins that were shipped all over the country were often the
    first time that people saw what Abraham Lincoln looked like. These
    political lapel pins evolved into the campaign buttons familiar today.

    More than wearable art or political declarations, lapel pins can have
    very personal significance. When shopping at the local department
    store, you might notice the employee with the "diamond" star lapel
    pin, indicating their outstanding level of service to the business.
    The market to create custom pins for businesses and service clubs is
    quite large, with hundreds of manufacturers to choose from. Lapel pins
    are often badges of honor - given to excellent performers, service
    people and teachers. After 9/11 many Americans wore lapel pins
    depicting the World Trade Center. Lapel pins are a way of
    communicating to

    http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bothsexes/20061002/47468.html

    , Jan 21, 2008

  2. John R Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Lapel pins are not just jewelry; they are a way to show off a wearer's
    > passion, affiliation, hobby or travels. Many people collect and trade
    > lapel pins with a fervor usually reserved for rookie baseball cards.

    I know! Just the other day someone offered me $25K for my MCSE lapel pin.
    But, I couldn't part with it, even at that price. The thing is a 'Babe
    Magnet'.

    > Lapel pins gained popularity during mid-century,

    I still have my 'ENIAC' pin.

    > as people wore pins
    > to show their support for Presidential candidates. One such rare pin
    > showing Abraham Lincoln has been valued for more than $650. At that
    > time, lapel pins that were shipped all over the country were often the
    > first time that people saw what Abraham Lincoln looked like.

    I remember the first time I saw what a girl looked like. Ahh memories.

    > These
    > political lapel pins evolved into the campaign buttons familiar today.

    You mean like 'I like Bush' ?

    > More than wearable art or political declarations, lapel pins can have
    > very personal significance. When shopping at the local department
    > store, you might notice the employee with the "diamond" star lapel
    > pin, indicating their outstanding level of service to the business.

    Ah yes, swag. I saw a TGI-Friday's employee wearing about 35 buttons one
    day. One of them said 'Moustache Rides, 5 cents'.

    > The market to create custom pins for businesses and service clubs is
    > quite large, with hundreds of manufacturers to choose from. Lapel pins
    > are often badges of honor - given to excellent performers, service
    > people and teachers.

    During my last review at work, my boss said that he could not give me a
    financial raise, but he could offer me this pretty little lapel pin that
    said 'LUSER'. I was like, soooo excited. I think like, the first thing
    like I said was like "Shiney!" Then, like, as I remember, I like started
    singing an REM song like, in my head. But, then like, the reverb and echoes
    like got to me, and like, gave me a headache.

    > After 9/11 many Americans wore lapel pins
    > depicting the World Trade Center. Lapel pins are a way of
    > communicating to

    "communicating to", to who?

    > http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bothsexes/20061002/47468.html

    Oh, this was really an ad. You didn't really want to talk about lapel pins
    did you? That's the story of my life. I finally get excited about someone,
    I open up, I pour out my heart and soul, only to find out they have other
    motives. Damn you! I'll never trust again. <leaves... sobbing...>

    John R

    John R, Jan 22, 2008

  3. CBIC Guest

    > Ah yes, swag. I saw a TGI-Friday's employee wearing about 35 buttons one
    > day. One of them said 'Moustache Rides, 5 cents'.

    You know the Nazis made the Jews wear flair

    CBIC, Jan 22, 2008
  4. Jtyc Guest

    > You know the Nazis made the Jews wear flair

    I don't like talking about my flair.

    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2008
  5. YOU WANT ME TO WEAR MORE FLAIR?!

    Michael Gossett, Jan 22, 2008
  6. Jtyc Guest

    > YOU WANT ME TO WEAR MORE FLAIR?!

    I want you to express yourself. You do want to express yourself don't you?

    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2008
  7. catwalker63 Guest

    "Jtyc" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >> YOU WANT ME TO WEAR MORE FLAIR?!

    > I want you to express yourself. You do want to express yourself don't
    > you?

    No.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jan 22, 2008
  8. Jtyc Guest

    > No.

    Mom... she's not playing the game right...

    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2008
  9. TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "Jtyc" <> did cause the

    > I want you to express yourself. You do want to express yourself don't
    > you?

    If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair like your pretty-boy Brian over
    there, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jan 23, 2008
  10. CBIC Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> No.

    > Mom... she's not playing the game right...

    You two play nice...Don't make me come in there!!!!

    CBIC, Jan 23, 2008
  11. catwalker63 Guest

    "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >>> No.

    >> Mom... she's not playing the game right...

    > You two play nice...Don't make me come in there!!!!

    Nice dress mom!

    catwalker63, Jan 23, 2008
  12. CBIC Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Mom... she's not playing the game right...

    >> You two play nice...Don't make me come in there!!!!
    >>

    > Nice dress mom!

    Thanks. I borrowed it from JTYC.

    CBIC, Jan 23, 2008
  13. Jtyc Guest

    > Thanks. I borrowed it from JTYC.

    Let's don't be silly. I don't wear dresses.

    now mini-skirts on the other hand...

    shows off muh legs...

    Jtyc, Jan 23, 2008
  14. Briscobar Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks. I borrowed it from JTYC.

    > Let's don't be silly. I don't wear dresses.
    >

    > now mini-skirts on the other hand...
    >

    > shows off muh legs...

    <barf>

    Briscobar, Jan 24, 2008